Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On talksport the reporter at Ewood park has said Bennie Mccarthy haas put in a transfer request, would Mon be interested?.

he quite clearly wants mourinho to come calling

hes probably been encouraged by the news that chelsea want sidwell... and thought "well i must stand a chance then"

On talksport the reporter at Ewood park has said Bennie Mccarthy haas put in a transfer request, would Mon be interested?.

He should be.

Whether DeFoe is a 20 goal a season man is irrelevant...... another 5 goals this season and we would be clear in 5th place by converting draws into wins :)

That's true but in a lot of those games - at home anyway - we lacked 'a Paul Merson' more than a finisher, IMO.

Although when Baros was up front, that obviously didn't help...

McCarthy would be class but pretty sure hes chelsea bound, if rovers agree to sell. Would prefer Defoe to Bellamy...not a cue to re start the Spurzzz debate.

Wouldn't McCarthy have been picked up earlier by Mourinho if he thought he was good enough?

Maybe this season will have changed Jose's mind but if he has handed in a transfer request in the hope of being picked up then he's acting the bollox.

I believe Nugent is off to Everton anyway aint he?

Defoe - not my favourite by any stretch of the imagination, but I woudn't be gutted if we signed him, bearing in mind the market we are in.

Personally though, I'd rather see an alternative to Carew rather than a Defoe/Bellamy type. We have Gabby & Luke for that, and they both know where the goal is.

Fair comment that, Mr Ashton would be ideal.

How about signing a striker illegally and playing him all season?

There doesn't seem to be any major punishment for this anymore.

I agree......... we should take this opportunity to bribe referees as well, possibly consider playing 14 or 15 players on the pitch too.

Oh look the "legal" signing Tevez has scored again for West Ham....

If CyberVillan posts those bloody rolley eyes one more time I'm liable to go postal.

Seconded, possibly the most annoying thing on Villa Talk!

Well if people wanna have that kind of attitude i'll happily do it even more :roll: . because quite frankly i don't give a damn how you, JeZ or "don't_do_it_doug" feel about it.

Right this has gone on enough now. Anymore talk of posters not posts or personal attacks, calling people spurs fans etc WILL result in cards.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before (you'll forgive me for not reading the 233 pages previous) but Villa have been linked in the press down here with none other than our own Mark Viduka.

Personally, I would love to have Viduka at the club. After all, the last time Villa won silverware since the inception of the Premier League was with an Aussie in the side. :winkold:

Your thoughts?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before (you'll forgive me for not reading the 233 pages previous) but Villa have been linked in the press down here with none other than our own Mark Viduka.

Personally, I would love to have Viduka at the club. After all, the last time Villa won silverware since the inception of the Premier League was with an Aussie in the side. :winkold:

Your thoughts?

Wouldn't mind Oz, as back up for Carew.

Scored today,19 for the season apparently.

Apparently Big Sam wants to offload Obafemi Martins. I personally subscribe to the view that we are after a player that can deputise for Carew as well as play with him, like Bent (While I think Ashton could deputise for Carew, I doubt they could play together, and for the price Ashton would cost I'd expect him to do both). However for the right price Martins would be a crackin signing. Thoughts?