Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Big story doing the rounds last night is that we've lodged a £16 M offer for Arteta. A lot of money but a great player.

Really? Is it in any of the papers or "street talk"?

I think i'd cream if tham was true :oops: ( OK mabye not that far.)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is an Everton player and would be an absolute gem, but unlikely as he has already said he isn't prepared to leave Everton.

Where did you hear this rumour?

£16m is a rip-off for Arteta.

£9m tops, he's good but overated.

i agree 16mill is extortionate

but hes certainly not over rated....the exact opposite in my opinion

if he played for the top 4 he would get loads more plaudits

I'm not sure about the Arteta rumour although no doubt i'd be delighted with that one, but if we're prepard to spend big money on a midfielder then the lad Fernandez is worth a look at imo, Benfica want at least 10m for him and i'm not sure Evernot can reach that high!!.

MON and Ian Storey-Moore flew out to Spain this afternoon on a scouting mission. Alleged destination Madrid for the Real v Seville game.

I knew it.

We're signing Casillas.

& Daniel Alves!

Who could we be scouting @ Madrid - Seville? Surely most of the good players there tonight are a bit out of our reach. I'll have a look during the game on SS later @ see if i see them.

Too much for Arteta. Not overrated but 16m is daft.

To be honest though he's their best player by a country mile, so they'll fight tooth and nail to keep the lad so we'd have to pay over the odds, i really don't care about the price because our chairman is filthy rich and we'd be getting a bloody good player who would add another creative spark to the side and take our midfield to top four standards imo,

MON and Ian Storey-Moore flew out to Spain this afternoon on a scouting mission. Alleged destination Madrid for the Real v Seville game.

Where's that story from sir?

The 'story' is from staff at Bodymore Heath - I wouldn't get too excited though I guess they take in hundreds of games! Just passing on what I heard.

Too much for Arteta. Not overrated but 16m is daft.

To be honest though he's their best player by a country mile, so they'll fight tooth and nail to keep the lad so we'd have to pay over the odds, i really don't care about the price because our chairman is filthy rich and we'd be getting a bloody good player who would add another creative spark to the side and take our midfield to top four standards imo,

We would not pay £16mil for Arteta. He is good, but not at that price.

On football365.com, kepa blanco, sevilla's striker currently on loan at whu, claims that Villa,portsmouth,newcastle and man city have offered him a chance to play for them next season.

What aload of Mar-Mite

why oh why would we ever go for this guy? not just press, but some fellow fans aswell need to wake up and smell the coffee, we dont need to be looking at crap fringe players who cant hold down a starting place in a relegation fighting teams! we should be looking at world class players.. afterall whos to say we cant attract big names! we have everything - the money, the new facilities, manger etc!. The worlds our oyster!

I just find all mentions of players like, Marlon Harewood, Marlon King, Kepa Blanco, Emile p1551ng heskey!!!!, mark viduka etc. none of these players can offer anything to our club in our attempts of acheiving what we have set out to do imo!

You would think "The guy that invented the bicycle kick" was still at the helm! :roll:

After signing Ashley Young for £10m and Carew. Do you really see us signing relegated clubs fringe players.

Agent talk. Thats all.