Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I really dont get people who would sell Barry. He seems a scapegoat for a lot of fans, yet he is the most consistent player in the league.Just because he doesnt have shed loads of pace and skill people cant seem to see his qualities, and I think those fans dont really know much about football. You need ball winners, good passers, physical players in any team.

I am not sure where you have got the impression that people would sell him or make him a scape goat. There is only one poster I know of on this site who would happily see him replaced.

I'm sure everyone would like to see him replaced if we could get a better player!! :D , and to be honest that left wing slot is looking like Maloney's next season the way he's been playing, and if we bring in a another quality central midfielder then Barry is really gonna have to work to keep his place, and that's the way we all should want it instead of worrying about personal favorites.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont get people who would sell Barry. He seems a scapegoat for a lot of fans, yet he is the most consistent player in the league.Just because he doesnt have shed loads of pace and skill people cant seem to see his qualities, and I think those fans dont really know much about football. You need ball winners, good passers, physical players in any team.

I am not sure where you have got the impression that people would sell him or make him a scape goat. There is only one poster I know of on this site who would happily see him replaced.

I dont usually post on this site as you can see, but I have seen on other forums people suggest we sell him. I find it gobsmacking people suggest that!!

If we could swap Petrov for Barton though and a few bob going north I would do it. Cant see MON getting rid of one of his own signings so quickly though.

The futures bright though and this summer we should see a few quality players coming in,

I'm sure everyone would like to see him replaced if we could get a better player!! :D , and to be honest that left wing slot is looking like Maloney's next season the way he's been playing, and if we bring in a another quality central midfielder then Barry is really gonna have to work to keep his place, and that's the way we all should want it instead of worrying about personal favorites.

I agree, every player should have to work hard and perform consistently in order to keep their place. I know Barry will do that however, if we could sign Robben, Alonso and Gattuso then I would happily drop Barry! :winkold:

Oh and Maloney is not playing left wing!

how can a Villa transfer, speculation, links and suggestions thread go so wildly off topic........

Sorry, it's partly my fault.

I responded to a transfer speculation post about Berbatov, explaining why in my view he won't be sold. This necessarily involved details of Spurs finances, his contract length, our top 4 aims etc.

The problem is I then got caught up in responding to comments about these details ... kind of hard not too ... but maybe I shouldn't. If you'd prefer I didn't then I won't if you tell me not too.

Still, along the way we've had some interesting discussion about player contracts - what they mean in terms of players easily leaving if they want to (or not easily leaving, as the case may be), so maybe some of it is relevant to the thread?

I agree, every player should have to work hard and perform consistently in order to keep their place. I know Barry will do that however, if we could sign Robben, Alonso and Gattuso then I would happily drop Barry! :winkold:

Oh and Maloney is not playing left wing!

In your opinion he's not playing left wing but in my opinion he is, get over it!! 8)

ps: you can add Muntari and possibly Emana to that list also, because if we get either of those guys then it's highly unlikely that Barry wil continue in the middle of the park.

Emana is still an unknown quantity playing in a league where there is a history of players being hit and miss in the premiership. I haven't seen much of Muntari but the fact he is doing well in a top quality league suggests that were we to sign him then Barry would not be playing in a central 2. We won't be looking for players to replace Barry though, we will be looking for players to compliment him.

I know it's your opinion on where Maloney plays and believe me there is nothing to "get over". I just know that I am correct as to where Maloney is playing. He also needs to do alot more to make the left side his own next season as Barry is still a much bigger influence on the pitch than Maloney.

Talk about the topic, not other posters.

Now on the point of Emana, the boy was at Valencia before and Wenger made a bid for him last season but it didn't happen due to work permit problems (which is not a problem now), he's clearly a class player and imo would be a major signing, secondly as i've said a million times Maloney's favorite position is left wing and he won the player of the year award playing there, now you may think he's playing upfront but from what i've seen he's drifting to the left wing and creating chances, he done the same again at City when he beat the full back and cut the ball back but no-one was there to finish it, and furthermore Maloney has played something like seven games?, if he'd played the same amount as Barry this season i'd bet he'd be just as big an "influence" if not a bigger one with his free kick abilitys!!.

We've also been linked with Kallstrom and he's another one who is better than Barry.

maloney is playing left wing but likes to cut inside? thats what ive seen the last few matches ive watched anyway..

Exactly sir!!, but it seems certain people are just keen to disagree with Cyber than actually look at what's going on before their very eye's, it's ridiculous.

We've also been linked with Kallstrom and he's another one who is better than Barry.

Källström is not a better player than Gareth Barry, trust me I have seen and followed him since he was about 16 years old and broke into Häckens first team (did you know that "Häcken" translated to english is "the Ass".... It´s true :D )

Kim Källström is a great player, but no way I would pick Källström over Barry.

Källström is not a better player than Gareth Barry, trust me I have seen and followed him since he was about 16 years old and broke into Häckens first team (did you know that "Häcken" translated to english is "the Ass".... It´s true :D )

Yeah but he's foreign and doesn't play in the Premiership, and we all know how good that makes a player... :roll:

Did he play for Djugarden (spelled wrong) and a good prospect some years back?

i cant see us signing the big players just yet the likes of villa, torres, klose i think even swp is out of our league now. So who could we get? bellamy has been linked would love to see him here but would liverpool sell him would be silly to me unless they get eto'o or villa, defoe or keane with romours of berbs goin to manure or chelsea cant see either of those leaving if that happens. as tevez is in wonderland what he is doing end of the sesaon would like to see him lots of skills just needs to wrk on finishing. apart from that will we have to just pick from the religated sides? e.g bent, reo coker, king? or forieners? if we got bellamy and artur boruk a good right back, a good central defender and a young paddy berger i would be pleased but who realisticly could we get?

i cant see us signing the big players just yet the likes of villa, torres, klose i think even swp is out of our league now. So who could we get? bellamy has been linked would love to see him here but would liverpool sell him would be silly to me unless they get eto'o or villa, defoe or keane with romours of berbs goin to manure or chelsea cant see either of those leaving if that happens. as tevez is in wonderland what he is doing end of the sesaon would like to see him lots of skills just needs to wrk on finishing. apart from that will we have to just pick from the religated sides? e.g bent, reo coker, king? or forieners? if we got bellamy and artur boruk a good right back, a good central defender and a young paddy berger i would be pleased but who realisticly could we get?

First off Liverpool have every intention of selling Bellamy. defoe/Keanes future does not depend on Berbatovs because they are the options to play WITH berbatov so if he went they'd sign another 'big lad'. I think Defoe is the more like to go. Agree that Villa or Torres is out of our league but SWP and Klose are certainly not. Werder Bremen are a decent side but as long as a bigger clubs didnt go in for him then we could certainly entice him here, especially with Premiership wages.