Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Saviola would be an expensive way of taking us down to the next level. Even so his agent will be looking to place him with an ECL club.

I'm in the "let's sign backup for Carew" camp anyway, but who?

Ashton, how's the old ankle or whatever? He hasn't played for a year has he? Good player but I'd rather he got fit somewhere else.

Big money I'd rather see invested in midfield or right back. Milner would be nice too.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't help but think the red bulls fans will be dissapointed with what they end up after all this build up

i was hoping he would come off the bench against sheffield united tbh, so we can say so long our south american amigo

Also here

ANGEL MAY BE FLYING OUT TO U.S.

Villa record signing Juan Pablo Angel could bring the curtain down on his English career with a move to New York Red Bulls.

American reports claim an arrangement has been struck to take the £9.5m Colombian international to the United States on a two-year contract.

Neither club is confirming the deal and there was no confirmation the transfer had taken place before yesterday’s Major League deadline, but a Villa source today refused to rule out the move.

Stories in the States say wages been agreed and there will be no transfer fee as Villa won’t have to pay the final year of the 31-year-old’s £42,000 a week salary, saving them around £2.1m.

I agree. If we are honest, he has flattered to deceive for most of his time at VP. But he is still ours as a result of the £ sign campaign, forcing Deadly to spend. His performances over the last 3 years havn't justified his contract, but still think he's been a good ambassador for the club. Really nice bloke. Could have been a legend, but wasn't.

There seems to be a massive obsession with signing strikers at our club...now that we have Carew i think strikers like Bent are out of the question...Carew didnt come to play reserve football...and as for Ashton he needs to prove himself next season before anyone would make a go for him...as for the wide men we have plenty in Gabi, Maloney, Luke and Young so why would we want Saviola and Bellamy...up front we need a backup for Carew otherwise we're fine up there...

Petrov looks more comfy in his new spot...we probably need one more central midfielder but Sidwell seems to want to go Newcastle...whats good though is Gardener is showing promise...i know the massive desire to sign players but its always more satisfying if one of your own can step to the plate...

The main position that needs to be addressed is our right back...so if Charlton do go down we should go for Luke Young...Bardsley is backup quality...Also whilst Bouma is doing alright i think we need a step up from him...cant think of asnyone of the top of my head but thats a spot we need to look at...

Centre backs im fine with...Laursen and Mellberg are proficeint and Cahill will get better...give some of the young guys a chance...

And as for Sorensen hes alright for the moment...if we get the Boruc guy then great but hes not a grave concern...

So for me priorities are a backup for Carew...and a first chouce right and left back...3 players sounds good and shouldnt upset the balance of the side...

There seems to be a massive obsession with signing strikers at our club...now that we have Carew i think strikers like Bent are out of the question...Carew didnt come to play reserve football...and as for Ashton he needs to prove himself next season before anyone would make a go for him...as for the wide men we have plenty in Gabi, Maloney, Luke and Young so why would we want Saviola and Bellamy...up front we need a backup for Carew otherwise we're fine up there...

Petrov looks more comfy in his new spot...we probably need one more central midfielder but Sidwell seems to want to go Newcastle...whats good though is Gardener is showing promise...i know the massive desire to sign players but its always more satisfying if one of your own can step to the plate...

The main position that needs to be addressed is our right back...so if Charlton do go down we should go for Luke Young...Bardsley is backup quality...Also whilst Bouma is doing alright i think we need a step up from him...cant think of asnyone of the top of my head but thats a spot we need to look at...

Centre backs im fine with...Laursen and Mellberg are proficeint and Cahill will get better...give some of the young guys a chance...

And as for Sorensen hes alright for the moment...if we get the Boruc guy then great but hes not a grave concern...

So for me priorities are a backup for Carew...and a first chouce right and left back...3 players sounds good and shouldnt upset the balance of the side...

We still do need a quality centre back if we want to step up a level and to put Mellberg on the bench and allow for injuries to Laursen. The 2 lads Cahill and Ridge are still learning regardless of their displays. Agree with you on the full backs though I think Freddy is doing a good enough job to keep his position

We also need a much more creative midfielder because Petrov just isnt it and Gardner is still only 20 and is not yet that midfielder who controls games their way!

Agree with you on the striker situation too, though I can see calls for someone to step up and at least score 15 next season or we will probably make a move for a prolific striker the summer after.

What is his lifestyle?

Ahem. He likes to go out to bars and dance and have a generally happy time. Its tough to do that in Newcastle.

Have you ever been to Newcastle? :?

I live in Newcastle.. I'm trying to be delicate in the type of happy bars I'm talking about.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but if we're looking for a big striker - Yakubu. It amazes me that the top teams have no signed him. He has scored goals for Portsmouth and Middlesbrough, both of which are teams that were/are struggling in the Premiership. If he can score goals for them, imagine what he can do for a decent side. Strength, pace, finishing. Yakubu is a top class player. But whether Middlesbrough would even consider letting him go is another thing.

We need a new goalkeeper. Tommy never comes outside his six-yard box, hardly commanding for our defence.

There's a piece in todays' Guardian saying that Sidwell is set to sign for Newcastle after holding preliminary talks. It also says that the deal could fall through if there is a change of manager in the summer. I take this to mean that Sidwell wants to play for Newcastle, which is strange enough, but even stranger is that he actually wants to play for Roedent and no other manager at Newcastle!

WTF.....Is he mental?

There's a piece in todays' Guardian saying that Sidwell is set to sign for Newcastle after holding preliminary talks. It also says that the deal could fall through if there is a change of manager in the summer. I take this to mean that Sidwell wants to play for Newcastle, which is strange enough, but even stranger is that he actually wants to play for Roedent and no other manager at Newcastle!

WTF.....Is he mental?

Or maybe the other way around. If they get a new manager he might not want Sidwell as he probably wants to sign his own players. And it's not certain that Sidwell is one of those.

Anyway, if Sidwell goes to barcodes, would you take Parker instead? I think I would. And Milner.

There's a piece in todays' Guardian saying that Sidwell is set to sign for Newcastle after holding preliminary talks.

If thats the case, I hope the FA drag Newcastle over the coals... They're not allowed talk to Sidwell until the end of his contract.

There's a piece in todays' Guardian saying that Sidwell is set to sign for Newcastle after holding preliminary talks.

If thats the case, I hope the FA drag Newcastle over the coals... They're not allowed talk to Sidwell until the end of his contract.

I think they are. I think every club is allowed to talk to players in 3 months time before their current contracts are up.

Thought that as his contract is up in the summer he is free to talk to anyone after Jan 1