Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reo Cocker was second best player on the pitch behind Carew in the recent game at Villa Park .... him and Barton and we'd finally have a midfield to take us places

Totally agree.

Bernardo Corradi is being linked by reports in Italy with a summer move to Aston Villa

13:48 March, 21, 2007

Bernardo Corradi is being linked by reports in Italy with a summer move to Aston Villa

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

The former Italian international forward joined City from Valencia last summer but has failed to make an impact and his agent has been touting a return to play for Lazio in recent days.

Villa though are now being linked with a shock swoop as boss Martin O'Neill weighs up his options for next season.

Corradi, who was one of the players believed to have been the target of Richard Dunne's critical comments about foreign players recently, has also been quoted in Italy as making unflattering remarks about City boss Stuart Pearce's tactics.

Clicky

I'm glad FansFC isn't very reliable because Corradi is shite.

I don't want NRC - he's a whinging clearing in the woods. I'm not that keen on Bellamy either. If we want to make that step up we don't want one season wonders, or inconsistent players. We need to spend wisely and probably spend a lot, and get pure quality. Carew is the type of quality that we need throughout the team to make the step up to Europe.

I don't want NRC - he's a whinging clearing in the woods. I'm not that keen on Bellamy either. If we want to make that step up we don't want one season wonders, or inconsistent players. We need to spend wisely and probably spend a lot, and get pure quality. Carew is the type of quality that we need throughout the team to make the step up to Europe.

spot on......... a few players of the calibre of carew and well be ok next season......

for me id spend a good few quid on proven players. Ideally, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Scott Parker, Jermaine Defoe, Gabriel Heinze & Luke Young........ thatd look a really solid team then

Scott Parker would be my number 1 target but I fear his type of player is still a few years away from us!

you never know, theres always been slight rumours hes never really settled at the club or upnorth, so I reckon money could talk !! would be nice - play him in a midfield trio of mccann, parker, petrov - would be interesting

play him in a midfield trio of mccann, parker, petrov - would be interesting

Would be sooo defensive

i dont aggree, when parker was at charlton he was more of an attacking central midfielder.............

Parker would be tops but is captain of Newcastle. I'm suprised he's not got in the England Squad. Not sure I can see McCann and Parker in the middle though.

Parker covers a lot of ground and drives forward, he likes a tackle and is a good passer of the ball. I think he'd compliment Petrov well. Nolan is a viable alternative but thought he'd signed a new contract with Notlob? NRC would be a good addition provided we don't pay silly money for him.

Yes to Foster (even if only on loan), not seen much of Boruc so can't comment.

Parker would be tops but is captain of Newcastle. ISorry, I meant the team. Owen Hargreaves has done well but when he was injured we struggled. Think Scotty Parker would have done a good job.

Anyway, am in danger of going OT so...

... Corradi? Surely not? Load of tosh if you ask me.