Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

i wouldnt mind bellamy if im honest, i think we need some players that the opposition dont wanna play against....... in a nutshell some horrible b*stards.......... i think Bellamy & Carew would be a good partnership..............

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i think the bloke is a dickhead but a very good player. Far more effective when played regularly and given the backing of the manager.

Him and Carew would cause chaos. The one thing I like about CB is his workrate. He might be an idiot but he doesn't half work hard.

I'd still prefer Bent or Defoe though!

So what MON has done today is almost promising Berger a new contract and bid his interest for Craig Bellamy, the second most rated gipsy in the world of football, after our own John Carew, shocking.

We should not keep Berger, he is never good enough for top-6 now, neither as a starter nor as a joker. And that's that. We should be making McCann and Davis the jokers and reserves, not the 5th pick in our squad. It is possible to alter a squad quicker than this MON, and it involves getting rid of the dead wood.

I don't want Bellamy, he means trouble. Is it a chance worth taking? I don't think so, he has shown numerous times he can't be trusted. Splash the American cash on Darren Bent or even Jermain Defoe before him. I don't want second best in our department, I don't want Spurs and Newcastle to snatch the best whilst we take their riddens.

Splash the American cash on Darren Bent or even Jermain Defoe before him. I don't want second best in our department, I don't want Spurs and Newcastle to snatch the best whilst we take their riddens.

So you don't want us to sign Liverpool's second choice striker because that would mean accepting second-best, but you want us to sign Tottenham's third choice striker?

I'd take Bellamy as well, as I seem to say every time he's mentioned. He'd be a superb signing I think, he's proved he can score goals in an average team pushing for Europe and we'll have someone the opposition fans love to hate, which is a good motivator I think. He's clearly an absolute tosser, and I'd hate him to be in the same room as me, but I'd love him in my football team.

How did he do under O'Neill at Celtic, I can't remember, he did alright though didn't he?

Firstly, Tottenham's strikeforce is far better than Liverpools IMO. It's only Pool's better midfield that contribute to them scoring more. Secondly, I am not talking down on Bellamy's ability, I am questioning his idiotic behavior. Thirdly, I don't think Jermain Defoe should be third choice behind Robbie Keane. That is only my humble opinion though, but we're allowed to have them.... or else this place would be pretty dull.

id bring robbie keane to the club over any striker weve talked about, but tottenham seem to like him at the moment, although they didnt last season, so we will just have to look elsewhere!

we dont need defoe, we alreay have a small pacy striker in gabby, what we need is strength up front, like bellamy or ashton or both!

Matuzalem - Now, this is probably one of the most exciting "unknown" players playing in Europe. Creative, attacking midfielder with a great shot and fantastic skills. Don't know if it's true, but I heard he chose Shakhtar Donetsk over Barcelona because of their training facilities so I guess there's a lot of money involved in the Ukrainian club...Probably enjoys playing CL football for Shakhtar, but when Julius Aghahowa left Shakhtar for the mighty Wigan, then surely it must be possible to get Matuzalem to Villa?

Just saw a replay of last night's UEFA-cup match between Shakhtar and Sevilla. I do think I'm spot on with this bit of scouting job for the Villa. (I'll do it for free though :winkold: )

Matuzalem was by far the best player on the pitch in the first half. Faded a little in the second, but still good and scored this bizarre, but incredibly well taken goal.

Appiah and Matuzalem in the middle of the park? Yes, please.

yes great player, why not bring a player like this in. we quite clearly need a bit of creativity in the middle of the park, and the unknown quantity like matuzalem could be really beneficial.

I love doing these teams!!

----------------------M. murray------------------

L.Young------Cahill--------Heinze---------Bridge

SWP--------Appiah-------Matuzalem--------Barry

-----------Carew-------------Bellamy--------------

I love doing these teams!!

----------------------M. murray------------------

L.Young------Cahill--------Heinze---------Bridge

SWP--------Appiah-------Matuzalem--------Barry

-----------Carew-------------Bellamy--------------

Someone else who does not rate almost everone in the current team!