Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Helenius is or at least was a shy guy..
I dont know this for sure but I assume it started to make him feel embarrassed.

Probably also because the song could fit his name.

At Aab we a few years back had an American player called 'Chris Rolfe' who was just mr. friendly..

everybody loved Chris Rolfe..

when he scored people would sing to 'Go West!'

'Chris Rolfe.... is getting laid tonight... Chris Rolfe.... is getting laid tonight'

I'm confident that song was all about embarrasing him

we adopted that from the Chicago fans from where he came.

so if for nothing else at Aalborg it was to tease Helenius

at Aston Villa I suppose if you kept the song, other than just having a unique and funny song

you would maybe make Helenius feel a little bit more at home

Edited by P3nnyw1se
  • Like 1

you can just tell what a shy little boy is hiding behind that big shed

in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWGUhjTQ9I

first his former assisting coach 'Allan Kuhn' jokes with the reporter when he

asks what he looks forward to at the european championsship "video is from may 2012"

and Allan Kuhn goes

'which... ec?.. in football?'

then afterwards Allan Kuhn talks about Helenius should be on the national side for it.

Edited by P3nnyw1se

As a part-time amateur psychologist I can believe that Helenius is a shy bloke. That stoop of his! It's as if he doesn't want to make a big thing of being 6 ft 5. Of course it could be due to many bitter experiences banging his crust on low doorways.

As it is he ends up reducing his effective height to about 6 ft 2. I hope Paul Lambert can get him to bulk up and stand up straight. What a unit he would be then!

whats a false-9? 

The Deep lying forward, more commonly known as a "false-9" also shares some similarities with the trequartista role, although the false-9 player appears to be playing as a centre-forward (shirt number 9) rather than as an attacking midfielder (shirt number 10). The false-9 will then drop deep into the midfield drawing defenders with them, creating space for other team-mates to make attacking runs, allowing the false-9 to dribble with the ball or provide these players with assists. Examples of deep lying forwards are Lionel Messiunder Josep Guardiola and Francesco Totti under Luciano Spalletti.[7][8] 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playmaker

The Grealish goal against Walsall: Helenius' flick from midfield, Grealish ran into the space he vacated. Classic false-9 play.

I have never seen a 6ft5in playmaker/attacking midfielder before, so why will this player become one? I think he will be a bit-part player, behind Benteke, Weimann and Gabby. We will not always play all of them, some will be injured etc. No matter what his strengths were in Denmark, the Premier League will mould him into a new player when the level is so different. My impression is that he will become (at best) a player like Bendtner when he was at his best at Arsenal, a lanky striker who wins headers and scores some goals :)

I think Helenius is slated to be a key component of our first XI attack, essentially, replacing N'Zogbia: Helenius, Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor.

Surely we're keeping the midfield 3 of Westwood, Delph and Sylla intact? 

well we've barely fielded 3 midfielders all pre-season so i'm worried Lambert's going to try his barmy 2 in the middle and all out attack again. Which he tried and failed with last season before switching to the 3 midfield which helped turn things around

I think Helenius is slated to be a key component of our first XI attack, essentially, replacing N'Zogbia: Helenius, Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor.

That's a very conservative midfield.

Delph, Sylla and Westwood are not attack-minded midfielders. The first two were needed to help bail us out of the relegation zone. Unless we end up back in there after Christmas, we will be looking to score goals and win matches, so one of them drops out.

I have never seen a 6ft5in playmaker/attacking midfielder before, so why will this player become one? I think he will be a bit-part player, behind Benteke, Weimann and Gabby. We will not always play all of them, some will be injured etc. No matter what his strengths were in Denmark, the Premier League will mould him into a new player when the level is so different. My impression is that he will become (at best) a player like Bendtner when he was at his best at Arsenal, a lanky striker who wins headers and scores some goals :)

why should his height stop him being a playmaker. he wont score many with his head as his weakness is in the air

The first two were needed to help bail us out of the relegation zone. 

I think you are underestimating these two players.

Is it possible to under-estimate 0 goals in a collective 75+ appearances?

I think our midfield three are very effective. We have goals up top, although I do think we need players other than Benteke to contribute more goals. Maybe this is where Helenius will come in to play.

Is it possible to under-estimate 0 goals in a collective 75+ appearances?

Are you seriously slating Westwood, Sylla and Delph? You must be mad! 

I understand you're probably angry at them because the've rightfully stolen Bannan's place in the side, but christ. Westwood in particular is VITAL to our play. 

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 1

Â