Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

On 11/08/2023 at 10:32, Zatman said:

I think Tonali is a very good player but he wont show it either until the end of the season or next season.

Thats how long it took him to get going in Milan

Or the first 6 minutes of this season 😂

• Haha 2

No shame in losing to a better team, £400m+ spent post-takeover will do that. But you can't say they didn't massively benefit from poor officiating today as well as our own ability to implode. Still would say they will be hard to displace from the top 4.

Edited by The_Steve

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No shame in losing to a better team, £400m+ spent post-takeover will do that. But you can't say they didn't massively benefit from poor officiating today as well as our own ability to implode. Still would say they will be hard to displace from the top 4.

Stop being so salty, they haven’t spent much more than us, you have to give them some credit.

It’s quite amazing how little respect Howe gets on here and they clearly have their house in order off the pitch as well.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

A very good game. Lucky to have won. With 2 offside goals and some penalty claims for you. I'm impressed by Diaby, Watkins, and hope that Mings injury is not that bad. Good luck for the rest of the season except when we play you again. Lets break the big 6 dominance together!

Lucky to have won ? You're being very generous to us there. We got took apart at times and have no complaints that the better team won.

I mean....4-1 up and you're still harrying us for more. That was impressive. 

Edited by mottaloo

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Lucky to have won ? You're being very generous to us there. We got took apart at times and have no complaints that the better team won.

I mean....4-1 up and you're still harrying us for more. That was impressive. 

Was it? I mean, it's not at all rare to see teams already ahead by a few goals and playing well hungry to get even more.

Just now, Pinebro said:

Newcastle is a top 4 team and they aren't slowing down anytime soon

They did well to finish 3rd last season and there's no doubting they're a top 6 team now but to talk of them as a "top 4 team" in the same way you would say, Liverpool, seems incredibly premature.

Don't fall for the hype.

25 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Was it? I mean, it's not at all rare to see teams already ahead by a few goals and playing well hungry to get even more.

Yes it was..... in my opinion of course. Game was well won at that point.

35 minutes ago, Mantis said:

But it's not remotely uncommon to see in that sort of situation.

Agreed. I guess I was just hoping they'd ease off at that point 😧

Here's to us being as ruthless to others this season 

Â