Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Crazy money for a guy just coming back from an ACL injury.

They’ve still got to abide by FFP, at least in theory, and their transfer dealings in the last two windows have been horrendous from a value perspective. A modern MON indeed.

Heads will roll before Christmas when they perform worse than last season I imagine.

Amazon documentary starts next Friday.

Saw a clip yesterday of Howe using Ten Haag's criticism of their style to "inspire the players" - he literally says "he said we're slow so let's shock them and be quick and intense with everything we do".

Geordies lapping it up like a bunch of feral animals 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Amazon documentary starts next Friday.

Saw a clip yesterday of Howe using Ten Haag's criticism of their style to "inspire the players" - he literally says "he said we're slow so let's shock them and be quick and intense with everything we do".

Geordies lapping it up like a bunch of feral animals 

please say thats in the wembley dressing room for the league cup final

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

They’ve still got to abide by FFP, at least in theory, and their transfer dealings in the last two windows have been horrendous from a value perspective. A modern MON indeed.

Heads will roll before Christmas when they perform worse than last season I imagine.

Over £100m spent on English talent under Howe and arguably the only major success has been Trippier. Very interested how Barnes will do. Think he will score goals but they did overpay for sure. 

Howe might be in for a shock next season once teams work them out and can get over the thuggery and tactical fouling his team excel at. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Newcastle agree a deal to sign Southampton right back tino livramento.

Wonder who else they gonna sell to saudi arabia to pay for this one?

19 hours ago, Ceemo said:

Deal is supposed to be up to £40 million which is mad money for essentially a back-up right-back.

Chelsea also get a sizeable cut of around £15 million from the deal.

15 hours ago, duke313 said:

Wee bit of extra cash for their Saudi brothers *wink wink* 😉

The whole lot stinks.

It's a like a Bermuda Traingle of corruption.

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Over £100m spent on English talent under Howe and arguably the only major success has been Trippier. Very interested how Barnes will do. Think he will score goals but they did overpay for sure. 

Howe might be in for a shock next season once teams work them out and can get over the thuggery and tactical fouling his team excel at. 

They also have a horrific start to the season. Hardest set of fixtures.  Howe could be under a bit of pressure if he has no wins in first 5 games.

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Sadly not, it's for the league game a few weeks later

Sounds like something Gerrard would say. Doesn't have a plan, just uses the emotion of the moment. 

See then having a real struggle this season and Howe getting the sack by Christmas. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

He was always the same at Bournemouth

Howe has face you'd never tire of punching. Your knuckles would be dust and you'd still just have to keep punching away.

Will also be interesting which striker he stumbles on a purple streak for this season.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wont be watching or supporting any of this rubbish. 

Only one i watched was welcome to wrexham and that was epic

The Sunderland one was hilarious, supposed to follow their story of promotion back to the Premier League and they ended up getting relegated again.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I wont be watching or supporting any of this rubbish. 

Only one i watched was welcome to wrexham and that was epic

The Sunderland one on Netflix is brilliant, but 95% of that brilliance is because they're so laughably bad whilst being filmed 😂

The Man City one was awful - barely showed anything resembling drama other than losing at Wigan in the FA Cup. Spurs was ok, a bit bland, but I quite enjoyed the Arsenal one on Amazon

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Sounds like something Gerrard would say. Doesn't have a plan, just uses the emotion of the moment. 

See then having a real struggle this season and Howe getting the sack by Christmas. 

the thing is i dont even think he's that emotive, the music is doing all the heavy lifting there, he swears and wilson looks befuddled

if thats them trying to paint him as enigmatic or as a character then **** me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

The Sunderland one on Netflix is brilliant, but 95% of that brilliance is because they're so laughably bad whilst being filmed 😂

The Man City one was awful - barely showed anything resembling drama other than losing at Wigan in the FA Cup. Spurs was ok, a bit bland, but I quite enjoyed the Arsenal one on Amazon

it doesn't need to be dramatic though...when all or nothing started for me it was more just about being the fly on the wall, it was access that id never seen before, loads of the athletes and the coaches were happy to be open and honest, you got a great look at the facilities and all the behind the scenes stuff, the cardinals was about the owner and GM showing you their normal side, the cowboys was about the mind blowing training facility, man city was about how pep works but then from memory also about aguero being home sick (?) and seeing his family, spurs for me was about the canteen and the physio room! sure there was always something happening but none of it felt forced

if we did one id like to see lange's data analyst room and the infrastructure that we've set up, id like to see the spanish guys round each others houses and stuff they do with their families, i want to see something that I've never seen before, i don't need amazon to put some snazzy music on a game i watched and tell me it was exciting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Thanks the only one i would ahvw watched is the arsenal but im just not interested in these pl shows unless its villa. It helps them the more popular the show gets

Barnes will struggle for first team with Gordon, Isak, and now Anderson play the same position and all firing. Livramento is just backup for the future. Tonali is meh. Honestly, I'm dumbfounded  by Howe/Ashworth transfer strategy. We desperately need LB and hey ho we bought (another) backup RB, a 40 million injury prone backup RB that only had one good season in PL. And send the not injury prone ones on a season long loan. Madness.

We have difficult start with 5 easily losable games. Lose all those game and all believe and good feeling will fastly evaporate into thin air and toxic atmosphere will creep in.

Honestly I dont think Howe will be Newcastle manager next season.

Edited by veriaqa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Barnes will struggle for first team with Gordon, Isak, and now Anderson play the same position and all firing. Livramento is just backup for the future. Tonali is meh. Honestly, I'm dumbfounded  by Howe/Ashworth transfer strategy. We desperately need LB and hey ho we bought (another) backup RB, a 40 million injury prone backup RB that only had one good season in PL. And send the not injury prone ones on a season long loan. Madness.

We have difficult start with 5 easily losable games. Lose all those game and all believe and good feeling will fastly evaporate into thin air and toxic atmosphere will creep in.

Honestly I dont think Howe will be Newcastle manager next season.

Maybe Livramento is being signed to play left back? I think he's comfortable playing either side if I'm not mistaken.

Bold statement with your last line after how well it's gone so far!

Â