Christian Benteke

Kwan

Just going slightly OT, On the point regarding Rodgers and Lambert. I think they are both talented and probably at the same level tbf. I see Rodgers as a bit more subtle however, where as Lamberts a bit of a maverick. For me, Rodgers will go further but thats no disrespect to Lambert.

But yes, he has been backed to a hilt and I wouldnt be surprised at all if Benteke was tempted.

Its a fair point regarding Barry. However, MON had a pull himself. One more year and you could get champs league for the club you have been with for a decade. Whats Lambert going to say to Benteke? One more year and you might be able to almost single handedly get us higher than 15th?

Absolutley. Its also why Liverpool 'may' tempt him. After spending £23m in the Jan window, they look set invest more and will probably be around the top 6 next season, where as Lambert will be saying, 'im trying to bring this Polish bloke in' - Shame really, as I think Lambert is far better manager than Rodgers. But where as rodgers looks to be backed to the hilt in the transfer market, erm well Lambert doesn't.

And you know this for a fact? The window hasn't even bloody opened yet.

Absolutely?

So you can't think of a single footballing reason why Benteke would want to stay here?

I cant think of many. I think we are clutching at straws with the link to the world cup. After that, there is no reason. Better money, Better teams, Better players, Better managers, Better stadiums, better locations, better competitions will all be on offer.

I think the last decade or so has shown that the pinnacle of a players career is definitely not the world cup.

Its a fair point regarding Barry. However, MON had a pull himself. One more year and you could get champs league for the club you have been with for a decade. Whats Lambert going to say to Benteke? One more year and you might be able to almost single handedly get us higher than 15th?

Absolutley. Its also why Liverpool 'may' tempt him. After spending £23m in the Jan window, they look set invest more and will probably be around the top 6 next season, where as Lambert will be saying, 'im trying to bring this Polish bloke in' - Shame really, as I think Lambert is far better manager than Rodgers. But where as rodgers looks to be backed to the hilt in the transfer market, erm well Lambert doesn't.

In strictness you are correct the window isn't open. However players can sign contracts which commence on July 1. This is a forum, we discuss what we beleive is likley to happen. Lambert has said he won't be making any big signings. I don't follow Liverpool that closley, but they are always amongst the big hitters in the transfer market - and its fair bet they will be again.

I can't understand why Benteke would go to Liverpool

If the bloke has any ambition at all he will avoid them like the plague

He can do so much better at least a club playing in the champions league.

He won't go there. It's only June 5th so far he's been favourite to go to arsenal then spurs then city then athletico Madrid now liverpool I'm sure it will be PSG next week lets just see what happens there's a lot of ifs and buts

There's a lot of ifs and buts, but there's also a lot of crap flying around. We know very little so far, everything that has come out so far isn't news, it's just typical tabloid horseshit that's been pulled out of their collective arses. He could leave, but it's far far far from nailed on, don't know why people are freaking out. .

Yes most of the stuff being said is media BS to sell papers.  But i can guarantee you that Liverpool have made an enquiry regards Bentekke to Villa.  That’s all I know for definite. 

In strictness you are correct the window isn't open. However players can sign contracts which commence on July 1. This is a forum, we discuss what we beleive is likley to happen. Lambert has said he won't be making any big signings. I don't follow Liverpool that closley, but they are always amongst the big hitters in the transfer market - and its fair bet they will be again.

But last summer showed you don't need to make 'big signings'. 

Really?? 

Your happy down the bottom are you?

With respect, that wasn't the point.

And our league placing, and escaping relegation by a whisker wouls suggest that in terms of league placing we do need some pretty hefty signings.

Really?? 

5 points off relegation, 5 points off 9th - depends which way you want to look at it.

Really?? 

Not particularly, but I'm not narrow minded enough to suggest that league position tells the entire story.

Really?? 

Not particularly, but I'm not narrow minded enough to suggest that league position tells the entire story.

No, your right. the story is much worse than the position suggests, baring in mind we were rarely above that all season.

Really?? 

5 points off relegation, 5 points off 9th - depends which way you want to look at it.

And?, we were down the bottom whichever way you look at it. 5 points off 9th would more often than not be down the bottom end of the table.

12/13 - 15th

11/12 - 10th

10/11 - 15th

09/10 - between 12th and 13th

08/09 -  10th - 11th

07/08 - 9th - 10th

06/07 - 11th - 12th

05/06 - 9th - 10th

04/05 - 10th

Not particularly

Fair enough - we will change it to the whopping 5 points from 9th status. Great. the point is we were there largely because of Christian Benteke. Without him we are down. No two ways about it. he was our big money signing. if you think we can just add another load of Lowtons, Westwoods and Vlaars (that take an age to start playing at a level where we can win games in the league) and everything will be ok then I disagree and I think your very much mistaken.

12/13 - 15th

11/12 - 10th

10/11 - 15th

09/10 - between 12th and 13th

08/09 - 10th - 11th

07/08 - 9th - 10th

06/07 - 11th - 12th

05/06 - 9th - 10th

04/05 - 10th

Not particularly

Those are pretty crap positions and not where I would want to see the club finish regularly.

One thing we're forgetting here, just as much as we owe Benteke he owes us just as much. We can go on and on about him being our saviour, but which manager shown enough faith in him to shell out 7million on an unknown? Which manager stuck by him when press and some fans were calling him the new Heskey? Which manager persisted on playing him ahead of the 18million pound striker we had on the bench. Our manager deserves the credit for that. I've said it before it'll take a huge offer for Villa to sell in this window.

I would of stuck by him like Lambert. It was clear as day from the off that he was better than both Bent and Heskey by some margin. You only had to see the way he played to see that. He owes us nothing really. he has done exactly what we paid him to do and more. He is an absolutely top notch player that is far too good for us and it will be some time before we see a player as good in a villa shirt.

Â