Christian Benteke

Kwan

Morpheus, you use neville and shearers opinions on him. Now with him being a striker I think I'd rather listen to shearer.

Really? I would always take Neville's opinion over Shearer. Every single time. Doesn't mean he's infallible.

That said I've no idea what he said about Benteke. I though he was ok that day, he's clearly adapted a lot since.

'VillaCas' I've felt you have had a little thing about me since you have come on site. I guess it's ridicule to feel accepted so I should feel flattered you taking such a keen interest in my posts.

Just a little point for you to mull over which I have stated in another thread which no one answered.

You remember when I used Shearer's quote on MOTD blaming Benteke for Man Us third goal to back my debate and was soundly ridiculed for using Shearer's opinion? I'd like to ask why has Shearer now become acceptable?

I refer you to the above question.

I have never said I wanted to although there doesn't seem to be much wrong with my previous choice of players such as Diame, Adam and Berbatov. All doing well I believe. Since I'm literally being castrated for one wrong opinion on a player I just wonder how Fergie feels in getting several wrong, or any other manager in the transfer market?

With all due respect Benteke was poor in his first set of games. Remember Neville's opinion of Benteke after the game against WBA? So, much better qualified people than I judged Benteke prematurely. I'm also more than amused at several posters who also doubted Benteke but who now seemingly thought him to be quality from the start of his career with us.

I hope i'm not the only one who has learnt valuable lessons on site. At least I have been man enough to admit when I'm wrong and not actually try to hide behind the ridicule of others.

This was answered many times, you blamed Benteke for not holding it, yes a mistake on his part however there were plenty more times that goal could have been prevented. KEA fouling the player when there was really no need, then we had the smallest player win a header in the box. But instead you solely blamed Benteke, others were saying the goal was preventable as other errors had also occured. Also will there ever be a time that you won't mention Berbatov?

'VillaCas' I've felt you have had a little thing about me since you have come on site. I guess it's ridicule to feel accepted so I should feel flattered you taking such a keen interest in my posts.

;) LOL

It wasn't my intention to "flatter" you.

It was my intention to remind you of some of the opinions you've given recently - to be fair, unlike some of the trolls on this site, I do believe that you are sincere in those opinions it's just that in the main I think that you are mostly wrong

In my opinion, Lambert will prove to be a great manager for Villa and I love his philosophy of trying to build with young lower league players and bargains from overseas - I would get much more pleasure from success achieved that way than from a Redknapp style approach of signing PL mercenaries like Berbatov or Adams

Villa are on the move - we might not get there all in one jump but it will be an exciting journey - get onboard, you might enjoy the ride

• Like 2

;) LOL

It wasn't my intention to "flatter" you.

It was my intention to remind you of some of the opinions you've given recently - to be fair, unlike some of the trolls on this site, I do believe that you are sincere in those opinions it's just that in the main I think that you are mostly wrong

In my opinion, Lambert will prove to be a great manager for Villa and I love his philosophy of trying to build with young lower league players and bargains from overseas - I would get much more pleasure from success achieved that way than from a Redknapp style approach of signing PL mercenaries like Berbatov or Adams

Villa are on the move - we might not get there all in one jump but it will be an exciting journey - get onboard, you might enjoy the ride

I think it was quite obvious what your intention was not only towards me but other posters who you quoted as well.

Secondly with the exception of one player, I have not been proven wrong about anything else and my opinions have been based on current performances and position.

Lastly I don't think you could refer to either Berbatov or Adam as mercenaries in the true sense of the word considering both players moved due to wanting to play football rather than just earning a wage while on the bench and Redknapp by the way isn't doing too badly at the moment either is he?

Benteke has made incredible progress since he joined. I didn't expect him to have such an impact to be honest - I felt he was still a little 'raw' and would need longer to adjust. That said, he will have it tougher the second half of the season once everyone has had a 'look' at him - but with so many attributes to his game, they will still find it hard to stop him..

This was answered many times, you blamed Benteke for not holding it, yes a mistake on his part however there were plenty more times that goal could have been prevented. KEA fouling the player when there was really no need, then we had the smallest player win a header in the box. But instead you solely blamed Benteke, others were saying the goal was preventable as other errors had also occured. Also will there ever be a time that you won't mention Berbatov?

Can't you get anything right??

The question I was referring to was why opinion from Shearer was ridiculed prior to the game against Liverpool when now it's accepted?

Benteke has made incredible progress since he joined. I didn't expect him to have such an impact to be honest - I felt he was still a little 'raw' and would need longer to adjust. That said, he will have it tougher the second half of the season once everyone has had a 'look' at him - but with so many attributes to his game, they will still find it hard to stop him..

clever players are the ones who last, he should be fine as he has enough footballing brain to do something different or find the space.

one dimensional players like gabby are the ones who get found out, he has pace, thats pretty much it. while effective on occasions, it cant be relied upon for prolonged periods of time.

the clever forwards always manage to get a decent amount of goals each season.

if benteke had just shown pace or won headers then there would be more expectation for the bubble to burst but this lad to be fair to him has shown clever hold up play, semi decent control, power, pace and if you watch him , each game he does a little bit of tekkers, sometimes it is more noticable, like the back heel for the goal but he does something like that every game. shows he also has the confidence in his own skills

fingers crossed his form continues for his entire time at villa

He's now such a threat that he will be a marked man and teams will go with a plan to stop him. That can work to our advantage though as it will mean more space for others like Wiemann. It will be interesting to see how he progresses as the season develops. I think he has really caught fire since that court business has been put behind him.

Massive +1

If we'd signed both players and either of them had made the same mistake then my criticism would have been the same.

I have already complemented both the team and manager concerning the game on Saturday and will continue to do so if our present form continues?

I am however very much guarded on going over board just based on one game much in the same way I was criticised for judging our manager after twelve.

Can't you get anything right??

The question I was referring to was why opinion from Shearer was ridiculed prior to the game against Liverpool when now it's accepted?

Who ridiculed him? I certainly didn't, however i was referring to you using Shearers comments to beat Benteke with? Now he says its the best forward performance he's seen this season, errm we shouldn't take NO notice.

If we'd signed both players and either of them had made the same mistake then my criticism would have been the same.

I have already complemented both the team and manager concerning the game on Saturday and will continue to do so if our present form continues?

I am however very much guarded on going over board just based on one game.

This is you all over, you won't go overboard based on one game, however you slated him after one game? Calling him all sorts, saying he is not quite a player, errm comparing him to Balaban. Also can we have a ban on mentioning Berbatov or Adam as they were never ever linked to us nor were they ever likely to join even though Morpheus constantly mentions them.

Â