Christian Benteke

Kwan

The Andy Carroll who hasn't scored any goals yet? Sorry Morpheous you bang on about stats when it suits you. Lukaku has only scored one more goal than Benteke, you say we could have used the 7Million elsewhere for a DM. It's simple you don't rate Benteke, leave it that rather than your constant tripe over the past few pages!

Well said that man!

Also didn't we sign a DM called El Ahamdi?? oh that's right you dont rate him either!

Straight from wiki the fountain of knowledge!!

Karim El Ahmadi Arrousi (Arabic: كريم الأحمدي; born 27 January 1985 in Enschede) is a Dutch footballer of Moroccan descent who currently plays as a defensive midfielder for Aston Villa in the Premier League.

Goes to prove what I saying. Even with limited time on the pitch he's still scoring goals and also getting into positions to score more. We could have saved ourselves 7m by getting him on loan or indeed even Carrol from plop with a view to buy at the end of the season funded by the extra revenue from TV and used the 7m to purchase the DM we so badly needed.

No it does not.

Lets take a look at how many minutes he has been on the pitch and how many goals WBA has scored while he has been on the pitch.

WBA - Liverpool 3-0 22 minutes - WBA scored 1 goals while he was on the pitch - he scored it

Tottenham - WBA 1-1 27 minutes - WBA scored 1 goals while he was on the pitch

Fulham - WBA 3-0 45 minutes - WBA scored 0 goals while he was on the pitch

WBA - Reading 1-0 78 minutes - WBA scored 1 goals while he was on the pitch - he scored it

Villa - WBA 1-1 28 minutes - WBA scored 0 goals while he was on the pitch

WBA - QPR 3-2 27 minutes - WBA scored 1 goal while he was on the pitch

WBA - City 1-2 8 minutes - WBA scored 0 goals while he was on the pitch and City scored the winner after he entered the pitch

So in total, WBA has scored a total of 4 goals while Lukaku has been on the pitch. I do not agree that his precence is the reason why WBA is where they are at the moment due to these 4 goals, of which Lukaku has scored 2.

The Andy Carroll who hasn't scored any goals yet? Sorry Morpheous you bang on about stats when it suits you. Lukaku has only scored one more goal than Benteke, you say we could have used the 7Million elsewhere for a DM. It's simple you don't rate Benteke, leave it that rather than your constant tripe over the past few pages!

Pretty ironic when you accuse me of 'you bang on about stats when it suits you.' For example, 'the Andy Carroll who hasn't scored any goals yet.' Would that be because he has been injured? And lets forget about his manager being more than pleased with his performances when he has played.

You might disagree with my opinion, you can also describe it as 'tripe' if you wish but at least i am certainly not a hypocrite and i have every right not to 'leave it' when i believe my opinion is right!

I agree, I asked him which established premier league forward we should have signed for that £7m instead and he replied Fletcher LOL.

My answer to your question was in reference to what other Premiership strikers were available to purchase when we signed Benteke. I did not include the price tag of 7m as my my point of debate has always been purchasing someone as an alternative only. Thats why i included possible loans who wouldn't have cost us anything other than loan fees and Fletcher who quite obviously would have cost more than the 7m. I thought that would have been quite clear but obviously not.

No it does not.

Lets take a look at how many minutes he has been on the pitch and how many goals WBA has scored while he has been on the pitch.

WBA - Liverpool 3-0 22 minutes - WBA scored 1 goals while he was on the pitch - he scored it

Tottenham - WBA 1-1 27 minutes - WBA scored 1 goals while he was on the pitch

Fulham - WBA 3-0 45 minutes - WBA scored 0 goals while he was on the pitch

WBA - Reading 1-0 78 minutes - WBA scored 1 goals while he was on the pitch - he scored it

Villa - WBA 1-1 28 minutes - WBA scored 0 goals while he was on the pitch

WBA - QPR 3-2 27 minutes - WBA scored 1 goal while he was on the pitch

WBA - City 1-2 8 minutes - WBA scored 0 goals while he was on the pitch and City scored the winner after he entered the pitch

So in total, WBA has scored a total of 4 goals while Lukaku has been on the pitch. I do not agree that his precence is the reason why WBA is where they are at the moment due to these 4 goals, of which Lukaku has scored 2.

He has been in their team has he not. He has scored goals for WBA has he not. So it is more than fair to say that he has contributed to where WBA currently are in the table.

Please explain 'WUM?'

For the record i'm not trying to wind anyone up. I don't believe Benteke has been a good signing for a number of reasons which i have already clearly stated and i will continue to defend my opinion on that until he proves otherwise, at which time, i will gladly admit that i have been wrong about him. However, presently, i believe his performances have substantiated my opinion of him when there were better alternatives available.

He has been in their team has he not. He has scored goals for WBA has he not. So it is more than fair to say that he has contributed to where WBA currently are in the table.

The Albion are where they are due to several seasons of stability, owing to their set up with Ashworth allowing a change of manager to not scupper the club.

They also have very good central players such as Morrison.

Luakau is obviously contributing, but his contribution weighed against the other elements is far smaller.

This all of course has nothing to do with Benteke, who is a good player, who will score a lot of goals for this club.

There’s an art to being a polemicist and it doesn’t involve arguing the sky is green.

Though you fail to mention any realistic alternatives. Also as for calling me a Hypocrite how the hell do you work that out? As well as your superior Football opinion to everyone else about which players are better do you have mystical powers too!

I put forward five realistic alternatives so i failed at nothing.

You are a hypocrite and i fully explained why in my previous post concerning our debate.

Where have i stated that my 'football opinion' is 'superior' 'to everyone else?' It is my opinion and just because it doesn't conform with yours or several other posters, doesn't mean to say that it is right, wrong or indeed superior. It is just my opinion. Nothing more.

As far as asking the question do i have mystical powers? In a previous post you accused me of talking 'tripe.' Pretty dam ironic that.

Â