Christian Benteke

Kwan

1 goal every 2.17 games, his stats speak for them self, whether you can see it or not is different all together, if he kept up his goal scoring rate he would have gotten between 17-19 goals this season.

Or lets put it another way, if it wasn't for Benteke last season, he would be on course to get our highest league goal tally for a single player since Yorke in 96/97.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

I think his injury didn't help but I think his lack of confidence is mainly down to the way we play and TBH he must be getting fed up with it.

In a few years time when he's scoring goals for fun for a bigger team we can remember how we wasted such a talent.

But yet you can state that kozak, playing in the same system, is a waste of money. How?
Because one scored more league goals in a season than any other player in our prem history and one hasn't.

because Kozak has played a full season?

So you think he was going to break our premiership goal scoring record this year?

So you're saying that if Kozak doesn't break our all time Premiership goal scoring record for one player then he is a waste of money?

1 goal every 2.17 games, his stats speak for them self, whether you can see it or not is different all together, if he kept up his goal scoring rate he would have gotten between 17-19 goals this season.

Or lets put it another way, if it wasn't for Benteke last season, he would be on course to get our highest league goal tally for a single player since Yorke in 96/97.

Sorry but this is rubbish with made up stats.

Kozak has made 14 appearances and scored 4 goals giving him rate of a goal every 3.5 games.

He's first appearance came in our 4th game of the season meaning he could only play in 35 games in total. That means that if he continued his goal scoring rate he would have got 10 goals. Now given his poor performances and the fact half of his goals were put on a plate I find it hard to believe that he would have maintained that rate.

I think his injury didn't help but I think his lack of confidence is mainly down to the way we play and TBH he must be getting fed up with it.

In a few years time when he's scoring goals for fun for a bigger team we can remember how we wasted such a talent.

But yet you can state that kozak, playing in the same system, is a waste of money. How?
Because one scored more league goals in a season than any other player in our prem history and one hasn't.

So you think he was going to break our premiership goal scoring record this year?

So you're saying that if Kozak doesn't break our all time Premiership goal scoring record for one player then he is a waste of money?

No.

No.

But why is Kozak a waste of money when he gets the same alleged shit service? Surely you need more time to judge him?

Comparing him to benteke is pointless. Yes the service isn't great but the service doesn't make him slow or weak in the air. IMO he hasn't looked very good so far and I think for the money he cost is it would have been better to spend it on other areas.

Edited by Big_John_10

John, they're not made up stats at all. 4 in 14 is a very simplistic way of looking at it, it doesn't take into account starts and being subbed off. I used goals per minutes played, which gives 1 every 196 minutes, or 1 every 2.17 games.

And if he could only play 35 games, it still gives 16 goals and the point still stands.

• Like 1

OK if you want to believe kozak has the ability to score that many league goals then that's fine. I don't. There's nothing more to really discuss.

he never said he was. you said he wouldnt break our premier league goals record and he showed you that his goalscoring rate was close to it

John, they're not made up stats at all. 4 in 14 is a very simplistic way of looking at it, it doesn't take into account starts and being subbed off. I used goals per minutes played, which gives 1 every 196 minutes, or 1 every 2.17 games.

And if he could only play 35 games, it still gives 16 goals and the point still stands.

Dude, are you being naive on purpose? Snatching a few tap-ins in a matter of a few games doesn't exactly paint the whole picture. Suarez scored 18 goals in his first 12 games this season, that means he would have scored 57 goals or so in 38 games. In his last 10 games he has only four goals, so you get my point. Lots of strikers like Kozak score 3-4 goals in a matter of a few games, both because of luck and confidence, but very, very few sustain that over 38 games. From December 15th to January 11th, Danny Welbeck scored six goals in six games in the league. It happens, but you can bet your ass he won't be keeping that ratio if he suddenly plays 90 minutes the next six games.

Kozak is limited and for that reason he would have gone long periods without a single goal, just like most of the players fitting into that bracket. Just look at Gabby Agbonlahor, he can look red hot for ten games and then vanish for 15 games. What is it, three goals this season for him? Kozak's four goals came against Norwich, Cardiff, Soton and Stoke, it's hardly something to strengthen the argument.

OK if you want to believe kozak has the ability to score that many league goals then that's fine. I don't. There's nothing more to really discuss.

he never said he was. you said he wouldnt break our premier league goals record and he showed you that his goalscoring rate was close to it

Using his chosen stats. Using goals to games he wasn't close. This is really pointless even mentioning someone like kozak in the same sentence as record goal scorer.

Dude, are you being naive on purpose? Snatching a few tap-ins in a matter of a few games doesn't exactly paint the whole picture. Suarez scored 18 goals in his first 12 games this season, that means he would have scored 57 goals or so in 38 games. In his last 10 games he has only four goals, so you get my point. Lots of strikers like Kozak score 3-4 goals in a matter of a few games, both because of luck and confidence, but very, very few sustain that over 38 games. From December 15th to January 11th, Danny Welbeck scored six goals in six games in the league. It happens, but you can bet your ass he won't be keeping that ratio if he suddenly plays 90 minutes the next six games.

Kozak is limited and for that reason he would have gone long periods without a single goal, just like most of the players fitting into that bracket. Just look at Gabby Agbonlahor, he can look red hot for ten games and then vanish for 15 games. What is it, three goals this season for him? Kozak's four goals came against Norwich, Cardiff, Soton and Stoke, it's hardly something to strengthen the argument.

Gabby can look red hot for 10 games but still has less goals than Kozak despite the latter having a broken leg.

What's with all the Kozak hate anyway? He probably won't pull up many trees (no one is claiming this anyway) but he did a decent job for us before his injury and scored some important goals.

For me I probably get on Kozaks back more because he epitomises everything I hate about what we are becoming. He's just a limited try hard signed for fairly cheap wages. He's looked poor and nothing about his game makes me excited about what he can do or makes me look forward to watching him play. He's not the only one but he's the most expensive of the limited try hards and it was stupid to spend that money when other areas needed improving.

• Like 2

What's with all the Kozak hate anyway? He probably won't pull up many trees (no one is claiming this anyway) but he did a decent job for us before his injury and scored some important goals.

For me I probably get on Kozaks back more because he epitomises everything I hate about what we are becoming. He's just a limited try hard signed for fairly cheap wages. He's looked poor and nothing about his game makes me excited about what he can do or makes me look forward to watching him play. He's not the only one but he's the most expensive of the limited try hards and it was stupid to spend that money when other areas needed improving.

It's hardly his fault you see him as the symbolic personification of what you think we're becoming.

1 goal every 2.17 games, his stats speak for them self, whether you can see it or not is different all together, if he kept up his goal scoring rate he would have gotten between 17-19 goals this season.

Sorry but this is rubbish with made up stats.

Kozak has made 14 appearances and scored 4 goals giving him rate of a goal every 3.5 games.

Sorry, your stats are rubbish.

Kozak has played 791 minutes and scored 4 goals. That's 1 goal ever 198 minutes.

That's about 1 goal every 2.17 games like the previous poster said.

You are wrong and Kozak remains unappreciated. Big loss for the team this season. He would have got into double figures.

• Like 1

Sorry, your stats are rubbish.

Kozak has played 791 minutes and scored 4 goals. That's 1 goal ever 198 minutes.

That's about 1 goal every 2.17 games like the previous poster said.

You are wrong and Kozak remains unappreciated. Big loss for the team this season. He would have got into double figures.

Big John doesn’t like Kozak, because he’s not fashionable or ‘cool’ its as simple and childish as that. He scored some important goals, thats a correct stat.

• Like 2

Â