Geoguesser

Got 8907 on my first go with no research whatsoever. I used my initiative and used google translate's detect language feature on a sign on a building. Turned out it was Finnish.

Love this game though, very cool. I quite like taking my time and using the internet to find out exactly where these places are. I just pinpointed pretty much exactly where this place was by googling a restaurant advertisement board.

Edited by Ginko

I keep getting put in the middle of no where lol :lol:

Great game, but I like it when you can only move to see the language on the nearest sign, if it isn't blurred out.

I guessed one was in or around East Australia but it turned out to be in Albuquerque :lol: 6000 miles away  

Tricky game to play on the iPhone... The two europe ones I got were particularly tricky! But still got some good points for what my fat fingers were able to select. Didn't realise it did it by country either, I got a pic of the Grand Canyon and managed to roughly select Arizona but was still 500km out some how! Thought it would just say 'bang on'... But it didn't.

hey, how can you tell if someone's got an iphone?

I mean, genuine question, how do you all get such accurate answers?

I don't see how anyone can pinpoint the exact city in the vast majority of cases, most of the photos don't have signs with city names on them, and neither do they contain famous, instantly recognisable landmarks. In fact, half of them seem to be just photos of country roads - getting the state right in such cases would be almost impossible, let alone getting the exact answer!

I mean, genuine question, how do you all get such accurate answers?

I don't see how anyone can pinpoint the exact city in the vast majority of cases, most of the photos don't have signs with city names on them, and neither do they contain famous, instantly recognisable landmarks. In fact, half of them seem to be just photos of country roads - getting the state right in such cases would be almost impossible, let alone getting the exact answer!

a knowledge of Google maps and it's arrows is all you need

that and an obsessive compulsion to win / cheat at all cost

• Like 1

0.286m is nearest I got without cheating, it was near a border crossing between South and Western Australia and it appears there is only one road between the two. The ones without any signposts are an absolute nightmare though.

Â