Geoguesser

You either cheated, got very lucky, or have been to the first 2 places on that challenge, because you got them both outrageously close! The second one on that you got to within less than 0.2 of a kilometre?!

Anyway, I got 13561, way short of your total.

C let me down.

No cheating, mi amigo, in fact I didn't even move around except to pan 360 degrees.

But I was in the exact spot of the second one only two weeks ago (0.2 km my arse, it was more like 2m, seems the geolocator is a bit inaccurate!), and I've been to the general area of the first one. So I got lucky, but with the pics rather than with guesses.

You went out on a limb guessing Cuba. Most of the stuff that looks South Americany is Brazil, although they chuck in the occasional Central America one to **** you over. Easy enough to pick if there's some writing that's clearly Spanish, but Central America all seems pretty samey.

The game could definitely do with improving: Fewer random ones of the Aussie bush, fewer bumfuck nowhere North America ones and a proper spread of different countries would be nice.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

You either cheated, got very lucky, or have been to the first 2 places on that challenge, because you got them both outrageously close! The second one on that you got to within less than 0.2 of a kilometre?!

Anyway, I got 13561, way short of your total.

C let me down.

No cheating, mi amigo, in fact I didn't even move around except to pan 360 degrees.

But I was in the exact spot of the second one only two weeks ago (0.2 km my arse, it was more like 2m, seems the geolocator is a bit inaccurate!), and I've been to the general area of the first one. So I got lucky, but with the pics rather than with guesses.

You went out on a limb guessing Cuba. Most of the stuff that looks South Americany is Brazil, although they chuck in the occasional Central America one to **** you over. Easy enough to pick if there's some writing that's clearly Spanish, but Central America all seems pretty samey.

The game could definitely do with improving: Fewer random ones of the Aussie bush, fewer bumfuck nowhere North America ones and a proper spread of different countries would be nice.

Not sure why I went Cuba. Something must have triggered it.

I got slightly lucky with E. I saw the RV which you can see from the first spot and decided it looked like Jesse and Walt's from breaking Bad. So guessed New Mexico based purely on that :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://bit.ly/1b25N0V

16171. No cheaties, and that's even with guessing St Lucia instead of Sth Africa!!

You might say it helps that I got 2 from Aussie, but just guessing the country can still leave you 3000km out!

Easiest one in that one plonked me right in front of a sign saying "Cincinatti Zoo and Botanical Gardens"!

Â