How to post links or photos on VT

Morpheus

Question

Ok with over 3000 posts now I think its time I learnt how to do this. I need instruction from scratch folks which will also help new members. Please advise in a way the non technically gifted can understand.

You need to long press between the square brackets and you'll get a "PASTE" pop up. To be honest though, you might as well just past the URL. The site will convert it to a link.

Please read the posting guidelines about linking to other sites though. It is not usually enough to just post a link to another site, you also need to quote the article you are linking.

You need to long press between the square brackets and you'll get a "PASTE" pop up. To be honest though, you might as well just past the URL. The site will convert it to a link.

Please read the posting guidelines about linking to other sites though. It is not usually enough to just post a link to another site, you also need to quote the article you are linking.

Thanks for reply limpid, I'll give that a try.

I was aware that the site would automatically convert a url into a link but I thought it was frowned upon to a whole (long link ) url as opposed to a short link?

Sounds like your phone playing silly buggers.

Test 2 

Hi all, I'm trying to learn how to post short links from my galaxy s3, I followed the instructions above and in the FAQ'S but when I click the link button I'm redirected to a external site called reddit. Is this just my phone playing silly buggers?

Thanks.

Test 3

Hi all, I'm trying to learn how to post short links from my galaxy s3, I followed the instructions above and in the FAQ'S but when I click the link button I'm redirected to a external site called reddit. Is this just my phone playing silly buggers?

Thanks.

Are you using the VT app or the mobile skin?

Test 

Yesterday I took a screenshot on my laptop, which copied to my clipboard. I figured I could just paste the image directly into the reply box, it did appear but when I hit the post button I got a notice popup saying the feature was disabled on this board.

Any particular reason why? I ended up saving the screenshot locally, and then uploading it, but it was an extra step I didn't want to do :P

Yesterday I took a screenshot on my laptop, which copied to my clipboard. I figured I could just paste the image directly into the reply box, it did appear but when I hit the post button I got a notice popup saying the feature was disabled on this board.

Any particular reason why? I ended up saving the screenshot locally, and then uploading it, but it was an extra step I didn't want to do :P

VillaTalk won't host your image. We have no way to validate all posted images to ensure you have the rights to make a copy. Sorry.

VillaTalk won't host your image. We have no way to validate all posted images to ensure you have the rights to make a copy. Sorry.

No worries, thanks for the reply.