Knee injury

daz316

So I've had an MRI scan and its shown i have a small tear of the lateral meniscus and a small radial tear from twisting my knee playing football on the 04th December.

I'm just starting proper physio but did pay for some private therapy with ultrasound etc before this. Up until a few weeks ago I could really straighten of bend my knee properly but I can know. It just feels quite week when I put pressure on it and the pain seems to move around.

I've played football twice so far since, the first time it didn't go well, last week it held out ok and didn't make anything worse. I'm just wondering is this going to be as good as it gets Know? I'd there any possibility it will feel normal again?

I generally kept fit with football in mind, the weights etc were all too build strength for playing. If I can't play properly again ill be gutted.

Your physio should let you know.. Ive had knee pain for a while and MRI showed no tear. My physio is giving me different stretching exercises to strength the muscles around the knee.. Yours may be able to do likewise which would help

I think you need to help your knee out by strengthening your quad muscle first

Yep. As well as hips/glutes and hamstrings. Tight and/or weak hip flexors can cause knee problems as can imbalances between the muscles that make up the quadriceps.

They recommend physio before surgery saying that surgery could do more damage but the physio I was seeing privately seemed to think surgery would be a simple job?

Lol thought that comment was a bit naughty then until I saw what I'd typed......bravo!

You have my sympathies Daz, though I must admit my disappointed that this latest installment in The Daz Show is no way near as fantastic or salacious as previous episodes.  I mean, actual advice? This show's been going downhill since season 2, if you ask me.

You have my sympathies Daz, though I must admit my disappointed that this latest installment in The Daz Show is no way near as fantastic or salacious as previous episodes.  I mean, actual advice? This show's been going downhill since season 2, if you ask me.

Maybe he injured his knee when he was jumping the shark?

• Like 1

Â