FIFA 14

hogso

I'm getting absolutely destroyed on this game on Xbone. Doesnt help starting off in division1 because of 360. It's so different but i'm losing down to the same issues. Cant get past people playing high pressure, my defense always seems to be playing a high line and i get done by chip through balls alllllllllllllllllllllll the time. But cant do them to anyone else. Wish I could reset my stats. So annoying. 

I have to play five star because there's only about 200 so people at any given time playing seasons.

I only lose against Real. Literally nothing you can do to stop Ronaldo and Bale with a chipped through ball.

Edited by Kwan

Everytime someone rage quits my Xbox 360 freezes.  I'm still getting the 3 points thankfully but it's bleeping annoying having to restart my machine every other game.

Not sure if it's a patch required or if it's my machine packing up, only started a few weeks ago!

So all the rumours of it being a better game next gen were wrong. Good job EA

You on nextgen Nath?  What you get?

My 360 feels like it's on the verge of dying too Patty, the game runs like shit on my console and the console in general is slow as ****.

It's one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to the PS4 on Friday, so I'll have a nice fast console again. That's unless I'm one of the 0.5% or so that get a dodgy one.

Everytime someone rage quits my Xbox 360 freezes.  I'm still getting the 3 points thankfully but it's bleeping annoying having to restart my machine every other game.

Not sure if it's a patch required or if it's my machine packing up, only started a few weeks ago!

So all the rumours of it being a better game next gen were wrong. Good job EA

You on nextgen Nath?  What you get?

Nothing yet, was just basing that off of all the negativity here.

Don't know what I'll get yet mind, see what it looks like 6 months from now. Not paying £400 for Fifa

I agree, unless I'm playing against a friend I find many of the online players trying to play the exact same way as one another.

Offline however the new engine has improved gameplay drastically, hopefully they go back and work on more offline stuff for next year so we have more to do.

Offline is just as awful on next gen then, cant understand peoples high praise for it tbh. On the highest difficulties the ai are exactly the same as current gen perfect marking and defensive lines..they can pushpull you all they want but as soon as you touch them its a foul..is this just me, surely not? My players refuse to make runs and stand there on over the top balls while the ai is exactly the opposite..

It looks amazing on nextgen and plays amazing too but the ai is on steroids most of the time and the majority of humans are total cretins.

This year's fifa is shit. I know we say this nearly every year but no honestly this fifa is just awful all around. It doesn't feel like a real football match at all. What team in real life just constantly plays chipped through balls to such perfection? Also what team's defenders are so incompetent that they just watch the through balls every single time. If a defender sees a ball going over their head, they don't just stand there, then start running once the striker controls the ball. It's silly. Last year's fifa everyone complained about pace abuse but that was actually manageable to play against. You also didn't have to play pace abuse to win matches. I played very possession orientated matches last fifa and I loved it because it worked fine. It was annoying to let in a sweaty goal, but at least that happens in real life. 

What makes it so perplexing is that the through ball is almost spot on. At the right angle with the right run and hit at a certain power, it works well. Otherwise it's not a killer ball.

Lobbed through ball? NOPE. Perfect. On the mark. Unstoppable AND your defenders seem mesmerized when it's in the air

Think playing the game manually might be the way forward. Towards the end of FIFA13 I was playing manual online, against other manual players. It's so much more rewarding when you score a goal, put in a decent cross , or do a decent through ball. I kinda wish they'd make it manual only and it would force players to really learn how to play the game. But I guess people want the AI to do all the work for them. 

Manual is awesome but only when both players are manual yea otherwise it gets frustrating.

Oh completely. Which is why they should make it standard. I think EA did this with a NHL game IIRC? They really should do it on FIFA too. 

Urrghhh... I hated this game on 360. Hating it on next-gen too. I swear people just stick the RB button down with sellotape to constantly just high press. It's infuriating. Don't get a second on the ball and have no one to pass too.  Worst FIFA in years. It's just not fun, feels like you have to grind out each match. I'm done with it. Same shit as last gen, just looks prettier. 

There should be a massive penalty for constantly sprinting, like you can sprint for 5 seconds and then you are slow as **** for 30.  

It's been shit for a couple of years now.  I hate the fact there isn't a good football game to play, although I did enjoy this years PES demo, seemed much slower. 

Â