FIFA 14

hogso

I have been having a nightmare with Ultimate Team, defending in particular has been shit. But I messed about with Custom tactics last night (which I've never done with any other version of Fifa) and I don't know if it's a fluke but my record is nearly perfect since changing to a more attacking and free form tactic.

The most frustrating thing about this game for me is definitely the foul system. It just doesn't make any sense. I went round a keeper who then took me out, I would have had an open goal had he not, and the keeper did not receive any kind of booking whatsoever?

Also, it seems sometimes when you get dragged back by a defender it's a foul, and sometimes it's not. I don't know if they're going for the "real referees are inconsistent" angle. But it's just so bloody annoying. I have no idea if what I do is going to be a foul, yellow card or sending off or nothing at all.

Yeah the fouls are horrid in this game. The lack of fouls by keepers is the most frustrating. I also have had the same situation happen already where the goalie should have received a red and I should have had a penalty but nothing was called.

I was playing last night and I accidentally slid into a player who was about the receive the ball with his back facing me. Obvious red but somehow not even a foul called. Oh well.

Its fifa every year its annoying as hell with some bizarre new addition, its made in canada isnt it? They need to learn the rules of football because i can guarantee that you cannot pull someone from behind them for a good 10 seconds almost ripping their arm off and get away with it.

On the plus side Benteke + Kozak partnership in ultimate team both with finisher cards is almost cheating, incredible!

• Like 1

Its fifa every year its annoying as hell with some bizarre new addition, its made in canada isnt it? They need to learn the rules of football because i can guarantee that you cannot pull someone from behind them for a good 10 seconds almost ripping their arm off and get away with it.

On the plus side Benteke + Kozak partnership in ultimate team both with finisher cards is almost cheating, incredible!

Might have to save up for Benteke then, he seems quite popular on UT!

I think its safe to say I will not be purchasing this. Sounds dire! Was going to be a straight choice between the upcoming Champo and Fifa 14. Havent bought a new Football Manager since 2010, but have got Fifa 13. Cheers for heads up.

Ultimate Team can **** off.

My record is absolutely dire. I am in division 7 and I haven't won in about 10 games. The teams I'm up against are always amazing but the people behind the controller aren't that great. It's just that invincible goalkeeper with the cat chemistry card stopping me from winning. Oh yeah and probably my mediocre Aroune Kone, Tom Cleverley and Pablo Hernandez attack force. Division 7 though? What the **** is division 1 like? I played seasons on 13 and made it to the division 1-3 mark comfortably. The trouble is I don't want to spend real life £ on coins to get up to scratch, I see no achievement in it then.

I can tell you what safely I can't remember the last time I won a game though.  

/cry

Ultimate Team can **** off.

My record is absolutely dire. I am in division 7 and I haven't won in about 10 games. The teams I'm up against are always amazing but the people behind the controller aren't that great. It's just that invincible goalkeeper with the cat chemistry card stopping me from winning. Oh yeah and probably my mediocre Aroune Kone, Tom Cleverley and Pablo Hernandez attack force. Division 7 though? What the **** is division 1 like? I played seasons on 13 and made it to the division 1-3 mark comfortably. The trouble is I don't want to spend real life £ on coins to get up to scratch, I see no achievement in it then.

I can tell you what safely I can't remember the last time I won a game though.  

/cry

Try messing with the custom tactics mate. I did and I seem to be alot more competitive in games now whereas before I was getting spanked regularly. I find that the players with the better teams are generally the people that I'll beat heavily. Also, Kone is awesome in this game with the Hunter Chemistry card.

Officially finished with this game for now.

Played a game where i pretty much just laughed through the entire match, passes going nowhere i point too.

Momentum completely taking over my player even when i'm not sprinting.

Where can you change the custom tactics on FUT Nath???

Sorry mate, just seen this. If you go to the main menu (not the FUT menu), there's an option to customise. If you go to Edit team then Custom Tactics, there are a few sliders for passing, shooting, speed etc. Just change them as it suits and then save it, once you've done that go to the quick tactics option and assign it to one of the D-pad shortcuts. You'll be able to select it in a game then like when you pick Posession, High Pressure or Counter Attack normally.

Can you still play FUT against AI?

I'm not really one for online gaming, just like a chilled out one player mode.

Yes it can be played against AI, either seasons mode or one off games (I think) as well as the TOTW challenge.

• Like 1

Â