Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Hypothetically, would anyone trade Benteke for Bony, Wanyama and Belhanda? (Provided net spent was about 0-3£ M)

Keeping Benteke would have less risk as we know he can score bags of goals for us. We don't know that Wanyama/Belhanda/Bony will be good enough in the PL. We could buy the three and they could be useless as so many hyped up players have been in the PL.

Bird in the hand and all that....

Hypothetically, would anyone trade Benteke for Bony, Wanyama and Belhanda? (Provided net spent was about 0-3£ M)

Without a shadow of doubt. 100% yes. What you've essentially asked is, would you swap 1 decent player for 1 decent striker, 1 worldie midfielder and 1 very good playmaker :P

Don't know how you can call Benteke a "decent" striker and then say Wanyama is a "worldie" midfielder.

Not that Wanyama isn't good mind you, but come on, Benteke is more than decent.

Well Benteke has had a one really good season, if he performs at the same level again next year I'll say he's better than decent. The reason I consider Wanyema a worldie as he's had 2 very good seasons for Celtic and has proven he can play at the very highest level. Also there aren't really that many midfield destroyers who can also play football. I can only think of Yaya Toure. Whereas there are a lot of strikers which score a great deal of goals and hold the ball up well.

How many games has Wanyama played at the highest level?

The Scottish Premier League is a mid-Championship side versus league 2.

Barcelona = 1, he did very well in that one - I'm not sure it counts as proven though.

How many games has Wanyama played at the highest level?

The Scottish Premier League is a mid-Championship side versus league 2.

Barcelona = 1, he did very well in that one - I'm not sure it counts as proven though.

I'd be inclined to agree. I see him play quite often in SPL and he rarely does he really wow me. He's no 10 million pound player, IMO.

Mirror has a funny story about Ireland going to stoke or Everton.......

At first look I thought great get him out the squad then I saw the line that said they would pay his 30k a week wages at villa...... Yea double it and that would be his real wage what a bunch of bollocks  :)

At first look I thought great get him out the squad then I saw the line that said they would pay his 30k a week wages at villa...... Yea double it and that would be his real wage what a bunch of bollocks  :)

Stoke could well be the destination for SI - He played really well under Mark Hughes at Man Citeh so there could be some mileage in this one.

Oh come on, it's clear Benteke is a bit more than "decent". He's got bags of quality and there are few strikers that scored the amount of goals he did last season.

He does it again next year I'll say he's more than decent.

What about the Belgian league? That league is probably just as good if not better than the SPL.

I honestly can't believe you're calling Wanyama more than decent when all he has is two seasons in the best team in the SPL yet Benteke apparently isn't purely because he's only been in the Premier League for one season, ignoring all the things he's done in a poor team battling relegation.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Fingers-crossed1.jpg

• Like 3