Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

The FACT is that Bacuna IS PROVEN at a higher level so looks a better PROSPECT! It doesn't mean he's a better player! But it does mean we should expect a little bit more from him in comparison. Its no gurantee though! Oh and Murphy is 2 years older than bacuna!Everywhere I look he is describe as a CM / box to box, so I assume ......

I think PL has asked for these players to be signed before the start of July so he can take them on pre season tour so they can gel with the rest of the team.

However I think he will also sign a few late on that are already english football experienced players.

I expect cresswell to sign towards the end of the window.

Remember there's over 2 months left yet so I expect at least 4 more signings!

• Like 1

Well how many more signings are we getting? One goalkeeper, one lb/rb backup, one cam and what else?

No more strikers as I am pretty sure helenius will sign

You've summed up what we need but I suppose anything else depends on who is leaving. Its all very well building a team of 17/18 young, hungry players but if we get 3 or 4 injuries we will struggle. we need strength in depth without having 50k per week players sitting on the bench that cant be arsed when they do come on.

• Like 1

With Helenius we will have 4 players to unveil in Tuesdays press conference. Its so nice to get these players in early. They will have 2 months to gel with the squad before the season starts.

Also, with the fixtures coming out on Wednesday we have another fun week with lots to look forward to coming up. Loving being a Villa fan right now  :D

• Like 1

Stephen Ireland is the latest high earner to be told he can leave Aston Villa, as Paul Lambert continues to build for the future after making two new signings.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10118947/Stephen-Ireland-told-he-can-leave-Aston-Villa-by-manager-Paul-Lambert.html

At the risk of posting out of date news, I thought this was quite a positive read and will do to ease the boredom for now.

• Like 1

Have a feeling we may see more than 4 players at the press release and also hear that Benteke has signed on the dotted line, There is a great feeling at this club at the moment and it must be seen by the players, CB must see this and think hey for a year what is there to lose.

Have a feeling we may see more than 4 players at the press release and also hear that Benteke has signed on the dotted line, There is a great feeling at this club at the moment and it must be seen by the players, CB must see this and think hey for a year what is there to lose.

that's bold! hope you're right though ay.

Interesting how other clubs fans perceive our transfer dealings, I've had a bit of a tour around a few messageboards and there are some odd opinions.

Sunderland fans think we are thick because Okore looks shit in the v Chelsea video but no Villa fan has picked up on that 'fact'. Baffling

Norwich appear to be bitter and in denial about Lambert, people snapping at any poster who dares praise him even though it is relevant to the discussion.

I've seen us described as following the Udinese model (Watford will be chuffed!). The funniest description I have seen is that we are 'Newcastle lite'.

Edited by AndyClarke

Is anyone else slightly concerned that we don't seem to be placing much emphasis on actually improving the first team?

Of the players we've signed (and I'll include Helenius in that), it looks like Okore may be the only player who will immediately dislodge any of the first teamers. Neither Helenius nor Tonev will be an immediate improvement on Gabby, Benteke or Weimann (I assume), and it looks like Bacuna could be backup for any number of positions.

Our squad finished last season battling relegation, and unless we improve in a number of areas then I think we'll be facing another tough season. 

I am 100% in favour of the signings that we've made, but I really would like to see a bit of quality added to the team in the form of some kind of leader in the middle of the park.

With Helenius we will have 4 players to unveil in Tuesdays press conference. Its so nice to get these players in early. They will have 2 months to gel with the squad before the season starts.

Also, with the fixtures coming out on Wednesday we have another fun week with lots to look forward to coming up. Loving being a Villa fan right now  :D

Also what people forget is that they are moving country.

Have to get used to speaking English (it's great that they are all fluent already), but also find a home and having experienced travelling and moving to different countries myself I can tell you it took me a month to adjust to London and I'm from Dublin.

These younger players will have all of June to go find a place to settle down and the whole pre season to get used to the commute to Bodymoor and adjust to the new life in general.  

Is anyone else slightly concerned that we don't seem to be placing much emphasis on actually improving the first team?

Of the players we've signed (and I'll include Helenius in that), it looks like Okore may be the only player who will immediately dislodge any of the first teamers. Neither Helenius nor Tonev will be an immediate improvement on Gabby, Benteke or Weimann (I assume), and it looks like Bacuna could be backup for any number of positions.

Our squad finished last season battling relegation, and unless we improve in a number of areas then I think we'll be facing another tough season. 

I am 100% in favour of the signings that we've made, but I really would like to see a bit of quality added to the team in the form of some kind of leader in the middle of the park.

Agreed. I would defo like to see a big signing in midfield. We need a Fellaini type player in there. Hopefully PL's scouting network and obvious FM13 research team have their eye on some scandinavian fella to fit the bill.

I'm sure a first team left back will be signed and can see 3 of the 5 being starters or near to it come our first game. 

It's possible Lambert may have 1 more player he's interested, a luxury possibly contingent on a raft of departures of players like Ireland, Bent, Given, Hutton. 

As I'm sure the 4 players we've signed collectively are not getting paid more than Bent. Our wage bill must be well down if we move the aformentioned players on.

When we signed Lowton, Westwood or Benteke did we not think they would be on the bench at the start?

You have to give them time and see. For me Okore is definitely starter for us. The other 3 add great depth to the bench, and with Helenius especially we have a MASSIVE talent on our arms to break into the squad slowly, not as fast as Benteke though I think.

Richard pointed out that Juky and August will be busy too, because we already signed 4 players, doesn't mean we won't sign 4-5 more. Those 4 players earn less than Bent's alltogether wage ( or Given's for the fact ) ;)

Edited by Alakagom

I'm sure a first team left back will be signed and can see 3 of the 5 being starters or near to it come our first game. 

It's possible Lambert may have 1 more player he's interested, a luxury possibly contingent on a raft of departures of players like Ireland, Bent, Given, Hutton. 

As I'm sure the 4 players we've signed collectively are not getting paid more than Bent. Our wage bill must be well down if we move the aformentioned players on.

That's a good point.

It's very possible that any of the more expensive signings (of which I don't expect there to be many) will have to wait until we can get some of our own big names out of the door.

Getting the wage bill to a low base it the utmost priority. The remnant of the Lerner Champions League gamble should be done this summer. We can then keep a full grasp on the wage bill and have tight controls on all future signings. 

With the massive increase in TV revenue we are probably in a very very good financial situation. Ticket sales will be up next season too. 

I'm very happy for next season to be more blooding the players and gaining everyone experience. Stay clear of a relegation fight and then build next summer with a booty load of Benteke money.