Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

hahahah i forgot we were once linked to Schneider! I wouldn't say Mertens is quite that level but he's very good and atleast on a par with an Ashley Young type player i would say. You never know, i don't believe the links for a minute, but if we were in for him i think he might come. Premier league > all day long and if no other prem team was in for him he might come

It's Sneijder. Snaei-der. NOT SCH-NEI-DERRR!!!!! ffffuuuu.jpg

Apologies, I've always had problems with Dutch names.

With the exception of Jools Holland of course.

Will we have to wait until June 30 to pass when contracts expire etc etc until we make our first signing? I love all this exciting speculation but would me much happier with an actual definite signing. When do posters believe we will make our first signing?

I'll go July 1st.

Will we have to wait until June 30 to pass when contracts expire etc etc until we make our first signing? I love all this exciting speculation but would me much happier with an actual definite signing. When do posters believe we will make our first signing?

I'll go July 1st.

I was actually gonna ask when players would be leaving having been released or contracts expired etc. Normally there is an announcement when we get rid of a bunch of people but don't know when that is usually.

I think we will be late in the market this year... I'm gonna go with August 8th....

Edited by Tayls

I'll go July 1st.

I was actually gonna ask when players would be leaving having been released or contracts expired etc. Normally there is an announcement when we get rid of a bunch of people but don't know when that is usually.

I think we will be late in the market this year... I'm gonna go with August 8th....

God! I hope we don't have to wait that long Tayls. I hope Lambert has the majority of his wih list in place before we return to pre-season training so that he can bed them in in the friendlies & have 'em raring to go come the big kick off.

I think I will go mental (some say I already am) if I have to wait till August 8 for our first summer signing!

I'll go July 1st.

Doesn't the season start on August the 17th? I would have thought we would have players in before the 8th as surely Lambert would want to try them in friendly games?

I'll go July 1st.

Doesn't the season start on August the 17th? I would have thought we would have players in before the 8th as surely Lambert would want to try them in friendly games?
If I was a manger I would look to bring players in as soon as possible.... But it may mean paying over the odds to get them in sooner. (Though how 'over the odds' could it be if we are signing young unknown players?).... Also, if you look at lambert in previous windows for us, we have done the majority of our business towards then end.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Villa transfer story but I just have a slight hunch that we will be late in completing our business. Players will leave first though....

Edited by Tayls

I'll go July 1st.

If I was a manger I would look to bring players in as soon as possible.... But it may mean paying over the odds to get them in sooner. (Though how 'over the odds' could it be if we are signing young unknown players?).... Also, if you look at lambert in previous windows for us, we have done the majority of our business towards then end.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Villa transfer story but I just have a slight hunch that we will be late in completing our business. Players will leave first though....

What with Dunne, Lichaj, Marshall and Petrov's contracts expiring this summer i would imagine we will be allowed to make moves for players on the basis that there is roughly 120/130k a week that will be falling off the wage bill in the not too distant future.

But i guess you might be right although i must say i hope you are extremely wrong-I would hope our first signing would be in in the first week of July as there are no European competitions this summer.

I just have a feeling we'll see one rather soon. Just a hunch.

Probably an indication on the quality of the player.I could see a lower league player signing for us quickly due to their being fewer better offers coming their way,whereas an established better known player would have his pick of any contract offers and can bide their time.

I just have a feeling we'll see one rather soon. Just a hunch.

Agreed. I think Lambert got right to work after the Wigan match. I bet we sign someone by this time next week.

as long as we are solidly linked with 2-3 players by the last week of june i'll be happy, i'm hoping most our transfers out at least happen in July so we have a month knowing where we stand with our squad

I can't see Mertens signing but i could see Chadli as an option, a cheeky bid for him might be worth a shot. he can only say no and would be a cracking player, i think he would adjust well to the prem. Is cracking on my Villa FIFA career too if you want further reasons ;)

Edited by skarroki

as long as we are solidly linked with 2-3 players by the last week of june i'll be happy, i'm hoping most our transfers out at least happen in July so we have a month knowing where we stand with our squad

I can't see Mertens signing but i could see Chadli as an option, a cheeky bid for him might be worth a shot. he can only say no and would be a cracking player, i think he would adjust well to the prem. Is cracking on my Villa FIFA career too if you want further reasons ;)

Two good players indeed but how realistic is it that we can attract them to come and play for us without other teams sneaking in? I think it will be more unknown players this season...

What ever happened to Eikrem? 22 years of age, can play anywhere in midfield. Didn't have a great season last time around I don't think but there could be a reason why?