Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Taarabt, Myhill and Hennessey, still out celebrating Villa's survival, Taarabt is just another Ireland, arrogant and can't be arsed and if Guzan is out injured would you honestly want either of Myhill and Hennessey in between the sticks, I certainly wouldn't. 

Hmm...Isn't it a bit harsh comparing him to Ireland?  :detect: 

I kind of like Taraabt. He's Confident on the ball, has a great first touch and outstanding ball control. Only problems are his workrate (which would certainly improve whilst training alongside Gabby, Delph, Weimann and Sylla) and his ambition to nutmeg all of the opposition (Zoggy syndrome with more skills)...

Not my Nr.1 target but I wouldn't say no at a reasonable price!  :thumb: 

Apart from him I think we could give these a go:

GK: Why not give Siegrist a try?

CB: Aleksandar Dragovic :excl: ; Joleon Lescott; Bruno Martins Indi

LB: Martin Olsson; Aaron Cresswell; Faouzi Ghoulam :excl: 

AM: Dwight Gayle; Maxime Lestienne :excl: ; Aiden McGeady; Steven Zuber

ST: Imoh Ezekiel  :excl: 

Peace!

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Given

Dunne

Warnock

Hutton

Ireland

Makoun

Bannan

Bent

Delfouneso

- all gone, should raise at least 20mil to spend on 3/4 defenders and a backup forward. Would like summer to be focused on the defence assuming we keep hold of everyone else.

also, is there any reason as to why warnock and hutton aren't listed on the squad on the OS, or is it just painfully ironic coincedence

Edited by juanpabloangel18

Given

Dunne

Warnock

Hutton

Ireland

Makoun

Bannan

Bent

Delfouneso

- all gone, should raise at least 20mil to spend on 3/4 defenders and a backup forward. Would like summer to be focused on the defence assuming we keep hold of everyone else.

also, is there any reason as to why warnock and hutton aren't listed on the squad on the OS, or is it just painfully ironic coincedence

Lucky to get £12-13 million for that lot.

Given

Dunne

Warnock

Hutton

Ireland

Makoun

Bannan

Bent

Delfouneso

Lucky to get £12-13 million for that lot.

Fingers crossed MON and Eck snap up jobs quickly this summer, might help.

But if we can get 8 mil for Bent, then Given, Warnock, Hutton, Ireland, Makoun, Bannan, and Delfouneso...... yeh you're right.

Nursey of The Mirror saying Lambert is after:

2 Fullbacks (1 being Cresswell)

1 Experienced Centre Half (Lescott)

1 Creative midfielder (Luke Murphy)

Paul Lambert is prioritising improving Aston Villa’s defence after transfer talks with owner Randy Lerner.

MirrorSport understands the Villans boss Lambert wants two new full-backs, an experienced centre-half and a creative midfielder this summer.

He is set to bid again for Ipswich left-back Aaron Cresswell, 23, after missing out last summer before getting Joe Bennett.

Borussia%20Dortmund%20v%20Manchester%20C
Martin Rose

Lambert also wants an experienced stopper - Manchester City’s Joleon Lescott is still on his radar - plus a midfield schemer with Crewe captain Luke Murphy, 23 having been watched several times by the Villa boss.

Further signings will be made if Villa manage to offload any fringe players or flops like Karim El Ahmadi.

Richard Dunne has been released while Shay Given, Darren Bent and Stephen Ireland can all go.

Lambert is scouting new strikers in case Villa receive an irresistible offer for Christian Benteke.

But Lambert and Villa insiders are hopeful the marksman will pen a new contract.

Mirror

As far as that goes, I would like all of those but I really 100% cannot see Lescott coming in. Presuming Nursey is right (I know, its the Mirror, but still)

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Lescott Cresswell

Westwood Sylla

Weimann  Murphy  Agbonlahor

Benteke

Could be quite nice! Chuck in a young, direct winger/wide forward (Lestienne would be lovely) and a striker to deputise/replace [next summer] Benteke (Finnbogason for me) and I would be very happy.

But I cannot, at all see Lescott and I think Cresswell will be out of our price range for a left back considering we spent £3m on Bennett just 10 months ago.

Edited by HalfTimePost

I think Lescott would be a great signing if the wages aren't to high, I think he's price is about £4 million. He can also cover left back and bags a few goals.

But it goes against Lamberts philosophy, I think it's a to simplistic link, I can't see it happening.

Although I hope it does.

• Like 1

I'd expect surely more than 4 in. For me the outgoings look like:

Dunne (Out of Contract)

Petrov (Retire)

Lichaj (Out of Contract)

Hutton (Loan/Sold)

Given

Ireland

N'Zogbia

Bannan

Holman

Edited by LockStockVilla

Dunne (Out of Contract)

Petrov (Retire)

Lichaj (Out of Contract)

Hutton (Loan/Sold)

Given

Ireland

N'Zogbia

Bannan

It does say we are likely to make more signings if we can get rid of more fringe players.

Dunne (Out of Contract)

Petrov (Retire)

Lichaj (Out of Contract)

Hutton (Loan/Sold)

Given

Ireland

N'Zogbia

Bannan

It does say we are likely to make more signings if we can get rid of more fringe players.

Yeah. I also forgot Bent. Definitely will be a cull of players out. I'm just very interested to see what happens!

I think Lescott would be a great signing if the wages aren't to high, I think he's price is about £4 million. He can also cover left back and bags a few goals.

Although I hope it does.

I hope so too. Also Lescott plays very well for standard / penalty and scored the necessary goals.

I think Lescott is a good defender, but not sure it is the right move for us. He has a serious lack of concentration at times too, which wouldn't help our mistake prone defence. I think we need a true leader/ organiser in the back line and that is not Lescott.

We desperately need an attacking midfielder as well.

Oh, if my passion shared by players from Russia. I'd like to see in Aston Villa, Alan Dzagoev from CSKA Moscow.  ;) The only player from Russia, who can play in English football.