Any eBay fanatics here?

Jimmytheirishvillain

So I have this question. A guy I know who is living in Australia just sold $4500 worth of stuff on eBay then he withdrew the funds he received from his Australian bank and fled the country. Can he be caught? The bank obviously knows his name and all his details but he's gone out of the country prob never to return how can someone get away with this it's crazy sure in that case we can all sell fake stuff on eBay ad leave the country

You mean he fled the country without sending whatever items he sold?

I.e. he just stole $4500?

Er, yeah I imagine he could be caught.

I also imagine that he's a complete word removed

Edited by Stevo985

thats daft,  if it was £2-3million, i'd understand it (not that i'd do it).

For £3k and having to flee the country, i think he needs to be put in a mental asylum.

and no, chances are he won't be caught if he's gone to a non-western country.

Edited by ender4

Sorry I wasn't very clear there. Yes he sold 4500 worth of fake stuff he never had the items then he left Australia after been living here 2 years to return to uk. The bank in Australia will just claim their money back off pay pal so pay pal will ban him for life but he will get away scot free unless he ever reenters Australia. He said he only scammed a small amount so if anyone did come looking for him he wouldn't get in that much trouble he'd just say he sent the things but they must not have arrived

Â