• N'Zogbia
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • El Ahmadi (for Westwood 72)
    • Dawkins (for N'Zogbia 82)

Thought bringing off Westwood was a mistake. He takes up good defensive positions that didnt let Arsenal carve us up.

We always turn to shit when Westwood gets brought off. We should try keeping him on when we have something to protect

• Like 1

It was an expected result but this giving late goals away should have been sorted.

Once Weimann scored did we make changes to close the game out ? Did not see the game

The two subs were Westwood and Zog off and were replaced by KEA and Zog. Pointless changes IMO, we fell to pieces after Westwood went off, Dawkins didn't offer anything.

Well, that's poor. Taking Westwood off for KEA is just inviting trouble. What on earth goes through Lamberts head at times is a concern.

Was NZogbia not at the races today ? He's been good of late

It was an expected result but this giving late goals away should have been sorted.

Once Weimann scored did we make changes to close the game out ? Did not see the game

The two subs were Westwood and Zog off and were replaced by KEA and Zog. Pointless changes IMO, we fell to pieces after Westwood went off, Dawkins didn't offer anything.

Well, that's poor. Taking Westwood off for KEA is just inviting trouble. What on earth goes through Lamberts head at times is a concern.

Was NZogbia not at the races today ? He's been good of late

He was pretty poor yeah. If we had a player equal to him on the bench then the sub would be understandable, but replacing him for Dawkins is suicide. When he went off we just defended and it led to the inevitable. 

Hoped for a draw today and probably would of got it if we could defend conceding late goals, just accept now we will always concede late goals, which normally costs us the points. Weimann MOTM, Villa through and through and quality finish on the counter, Benteke and Zog should of used stayed on the team bus. Where were Bent and Vlaar today??

Our mistake, as with Swansea and Everton, was to retreat deep when in a good position in the game. This plays to our weakness which is the defence. I know an Arsenal season ticket holder who texted me to say that if we had gone for it we would have won the game. Instead we cama away with nothing.

We go again.

Looking at the reactions on here, I think some are more in the context of this season.

Weve just lost narrowly away from home at the 5th best team in the league.

There's many winnable home games weve **** up in this season, but that doesnt mean a 2-1 defeat at Arsenal is a disgrace, it means the results and performances in games such as Wigan and Soton home was a disgrace.

I thought we deserved a point.

WTF was the point in taking Zog off and replacing him with Dawkins ? We take a guy off who came from Wigan, so he is used to this type of situation and replace him with a young player with no experience at this level at all.FFS.With tactics like this we will end up in league 2.   

Looking at the reactions on here, I think some are more in the context of this season.

Weve just lost narrowly away from home at the 5th best team in the league.

There's many winnable home games weve **** up in this season, but that doesnt mean a 2-1 defeat at Arsenal is a disgrace, it means the results and performances in games such as Wigan and Soton home was a disgrace.

It's those games you mention that have caused the reaction though. We have to pick up points in these games now due to our ineptness earlier in the season.

Err, Simon Dawkins is 25, He is not young by any stretch of the imagination.

What I am not sure about though, is how on earth he can be considered a professional footballer.

From what I have seen in the 2 cameo appearances he has made, he looks to me like one of those people who play 5 aside football, and are really not very good, but run around, getting in the way and falling over themselves.

Very willing, but very shit.

Edited by andyh

WTF was the point in taking Zog off and replacing him with Dawkins ? We take a guy off who came from Wigan, so he is used to this type of situation and replace him with a young player with no experience at this level at all.FFS.With tactics like this we will end up in league 2.   

Normally the Aussie lads have a pretty well-balanced viewpoint so I've got a lot of time for their views. 

What happened to you?

N'Zogbia was getting worse and worse as he tired, it already wasn't his best game by any stretch so Dawkins was the closest fit to not ruin the formation which, up until then, was working well.

And have I really read this right? N'Zogbia should automatically play because he played for Wigan, who have been almost relegated every season? Sod me, why didn't we think of this before? Just buy loads of players from almost relegated teams so they're used to the fight. That makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

Lambert seems to **** up his substations week in week out. Why wasn't Bent even on the bench today ??

What the **** is he doing bringing KEA onto the field ??

Really not impressed with Lambert.

Err, Simon Dawkins is 25, He is not young by any stretch of the imagination.

What I am not sure about though, is how on earth he can be considered a professional footballer.

From what I have seen in the 2 cameo appearances he has made, he looks to me like one of those people who play 5 aside football, and are really not very good, but run around, getting in the way and falling over themselves.

Very willing, but very shit.

Maybe when he's played another 10 minutes you'll have a different view.

N'Zogbia was getting worse and worse as he tired, it already wasn't his best game by any stretch so Dawkins was the closest fit to not ruin the formation which, up until then, was working well.

And have I really read this right? N'Zogbia should automatically play because he played for Wigan, who have been almost relegated every season? Sod me, why didn't we think of this before? Just buy loads of players from almost relegated teams so they're used to the fight. That makes perfect sense.

Exactly. I said upthread that I'd have taken Zog off for Dawkins even earlier. Zog was rubbish yesterday.

Lambert seems to **** up his substations week in week out. Why wasn't Bent even on the bench today ??

I thought KEA actually played quite well in the short time he was on.

I didn't see the game so I may be being harsh on him but based on every time I've seen him he seems awful, off the pace, weak in the tackle, ineffective with the ball and generally quite meaningless .

I didn't see the game so I may be being harsh on him but based on every time I've seen him he seems awful, off the pace, weak in the tackle, ineffective with the ball and generally quite meaningless .

Agree with Poitier. KEA did well v Arsenal: Calm and reliable passing when it was needed. Otherwise I don't disagree with your reservations, but Bent was injured and KEA did well, so give Lambert a bit of a break whydontcha?

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Â