Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

His brief in on the backfoot though with this new evidence about him not having his legs on when he smashed the door down. If can't disprove it then if Pistorius has lied about that then what else has he lied about.

His brief in on the backfoot though with this new evidence about him not having his legs on when he smashed the door down. If can't disprove it then if Pistorius has lied about that then what else has he lied about.

Far more damaging to the prosecution case though was the Dr's testimony that he heard a series of bangs, a scream, and then another series of bangs - backs up Oscar's story 100%. The evidence about legs or not is questionable... will be interesting to see if Pistorius himself shows how he hit the door and whether that tallies or not.

I just don't believe him. 

I don't believe anyone, knowing they weren't the only person in the house legitimately fires a gun through a door three times. Especially when that door is to an bathroom adjoining your bedroom which seems just about the least likely room for a thief to be in.

No matter what the outcome of the case I just don't believe it.

• Like 3

I'm with you Trent. I have never bought his version of events.

Saying that I have no idea which way this is going to go, with just 1 man and 2 advisor's making the decision on such a case it really could go anywhere (feels a bit like a high profile boxing match).

Who'd have thought that a shooting in your apartment in the middle of the night would generate over 100 witnesses to present evidence?

Oh he's guilty as sin. You know as soon as you wake up whether you are alone in bed or not, and in the even of a break in, you check your girlfriend is ok before you do anything else.

What you don't do is make a bee-line for the en suite and start blasting.

Its more the legal process I'm interested in - how his brief gets him off. The prosecution is a shambles.

She was wearing Nike trainers when she was killed. Who gets up at 3am and laces up a pair of trainers, without turning on a light, to walk into their ensuite and go to the toilet?

Perhaps they hadn't gone to bed yet? No, sorry, that doesn't fit the defence case. My mistake.

He says they went to bed at 10.  Evidence from the partly digested food in her stomach shows she ate at around 1.00.

Far more damaging to the prosecution case though was the Dr's testimony that he heard a series of bangs, a scream, and then another series of bangs - backs up Oscar's story 100%. The evidence about legs or not is questionable... will be interesting to see if Pistorius himself shows how he hit the door and whether that tallies or not.

Is it? Roux is certainly very good but that doesn't mean he didn't intentionally kill her. It was damming for the defence that his ex girlfriend said he had on two occasions woken her when he thought there was a burglar in the house. also the security guard ringing Pistorius after the shooting and he said everything was fine. There's other things like firing a gun in the restaurant and through the sunroof of a car. Ok Roux is doing his best at discrediting all the witnesses, but all these things are beginning to add up to a guilty verdict. 

Is it? Roux is certainly very good but that doesn't mean he didn't intentionally kill her. It was damming for the defence that his ex girlfriend said he had on two occasions woken her when he thought there was a burglar in the house. also the security guard ringing Pistorius after the shooting and he said everything was fine. There's other things like firing a gun in the restaurant and through the sunroof of a car. Ok Roux is doing his best at discrediting all the witnesses, but all these things are beginning to add up to a guilty verdict.

not a chance in hell. He will be found not guilty of premeditated murder...there is evidence of enough doubt of that...but he get 10yeats for culpable homicide.

not a chance in hell. He will be found not guilty of premeditated murder...there is evidence of enough doubt of that...but he get 10yeats for culpable homicide.

But I thought its premeditated murder or nothing. In South African law you can not be charged for a lesser offence if found not guilty on the other one. So he will walk free if found not guilty

Oh right....if that's the case he'll walk. Too much "reasonable doubt" already for a safe conviction.

The prosecution and the police have ballsed this up from the start....

It's the prosecutions fault.

I think he's guilt. I'm almost certain he's guilty, but if I'm to send a man down for ever I want to be 100% stone clad certain and I can't be that with the way they've totally ballsed this up.

I'd find him not guilty right now. I'd have to.

I'm in South Africa at the moment. I would say there is more coverage on uk tv than there is on local . There seems to be a general view here that he may well have done it and defence are looking for technicalities . The judge is getting a fair bit of praise for the way she is controlling things

• Like 1

this forensic evidence about the bat, are they saying that he shot through the door, then put his legs on? or that he had his legs on all the time? or that he didnt have them on?

what are they actually arguing? would have thought the ballistics would have been better at showing if he was on his legs or not

the defence arguing that he was bent over, and that the door was partly missing and had been tampered with doesnt make it sound that clear cut

this forensic evidence about the bat, are they saying that he shot through the door, then put his legs on? or that he had his legs on all the time? or that he didnt have them on?

what are they actually arguing? would have thought the ballistics would have been better at showing if he was on his legs or not

the defence arguing that he was bent over, and that the door was partly missing and had been tampered with doesnt make it sound that clear cut

I think it's just a case of trying to say pistorius is lying about his story, so could also be lying about thinking she was an intruder.

his story(I think) is he shot then put his legs on and broke the door with the bat.

prosecution were trying to say he shot and then broke the door down without his legs on.

and the door being tampered with is just ridiculous. how it can possibly still be used as evidence is beyond me.

Â