The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I'm sure if we're doing well next year I'll obviously enjoy being at games but at the back of my mind its still in the championship. It will still effect some of the enjoyment I'll get from following villa.

'Zackly - it's the way the programme goes, John.

Step 1 - Gah! we can't go down it'll be the end of the world and total awful. We must fight to stay up, till it's mathematically...etc.

Step 2 - We're going down, it's inevitable. It'll be terrible.

Step 3 - Villa is my Club, I'll still follow them, I suppose

Step 4 - I've never been to [insert name of Championship town], I'll be up for that one.

Step 5 - Tickets might be cheaper, and we'll get great away support, some top away days beckon.

Step 6 - I'll still be the same person, with the same life

Step 7 - And we might go back up, winning and having got rid of the wasters and greedy sods.

Step 8 - So, if we go down, it'll be sad, but it's not going to ruin my life

Step 9 - or my week

Step 10 - I don't want us to go down, but if we do there'll be some upsides - I'll get over it in a short time, and life will go on.

'Zackly - it's the way the programme goes, John.

Step 1 - Gah! we can't go down it'll be the end of the world and total awful. We must fight to stay up, till it's mathematically...etc.

Step 2 - We're going down, it's inevitable. It'll be terrible.

Step 3 - Villa is my Club, I'll still follow them, I suppose

Step 4 - I've never been to [insert name of Championship town], I'll be up for that one.

Step 5 - Tickets might be cheaper, and we'll get great away support, some top away days beckon.

Step 6 - I'll still be the same person, with the same life

Step 7 - And we might go back up, winning and having got rid of the wasters and greedy sods.

Step 8 - So, if we go down, it'll be sad, but it's not going to ruin my life

Step 9 - or my week

Step 10 - I don't want us to go down, but if we do there'll be some upsides - I'll get over it in a short time, and life will go on.

I might have to sign you up for some one to one counselling sessions if it happens.

I'm picturing a good will hunting scenario. Except instead of a troubled genius abused by his father I'm just an angry fan full of hate for our owner.

I think the good thing about being a bit older than most on here is we have seen it before and come through it. I myself like Blandy started watching the Villa from the Holte with my dad when we were in division 3, god the crowds in them days were brilliant and hooked me for life,

On a negative side of being older is having to stay up PAST MIDNIGHT, to see the highlights, unless of course we can get the kids to record it for us.

It will not be the end of the world, ask the Bluenoses, baggies, coventry, WBA, in fact all the midlands clubs, we will survive and come through it hopefully stronger and wiser.

• Like 1

What we need is some leadership above the manager - there's no strategy here, if you believe what you read (ok) - Lambert was told he had £10m this window - was then told erm..actually you don't - what will be the plan if we go down.,....."get those high earners off the books" - yeah thats worked wonders so far.

We have no presence, let alone direction from the top - i think we are unmanageable

There is nothing good about the championship we'll be the laughing stock of that division after not long. Every team will be coming for us as we're the new 'big boys' in the league. Just this morning lambert has come out and said that villa can't compete with stoke and Newcastle anymore in the transfer market are you **** kidding me? Why people are accepting that relegation is gonna be not that bad and not trying to drive Lerner out is beyond me. The premier league is where all the big boys play. In 2 or 3 seasons when albrighton Gardner weimann etc.... Are scoring all around them in the championship in will swoop teams like stoke, Cardiff, Swansea, Norwich and take them off us for pittance. Lerner is a billionaire a **** billionaire and he has sent us packing to the championship with a shit team and an even shitter manager. I can't believe what I'm reading lately on this forum people accepting that well be in championship for maybe years just take a leaf from Blackburn fans still protesting to get their owners out. We're just gonna lie down now and watch villa burn and Lerner ruin us that's what people seem to accept

If we can't compete with Stoke financially then Lerner has to find someone who does and sell to them.

If what Lambert has said this is true and given the 2 panic buys for next to nothing in the last few hours of the trandfer window I see no reason to disbelieve him then things are going to just get worse.

If by some fluke we stay up this year what chance will we have next season?

Lamberts tatics are confusing at times but Randy Lerner is the real problem, sell up and **** off ASAP. Also give that **** coward of a General a slap for me!

If we can't compete with Stoke financially then Lerner has to find someone who does and sell to them.

If what Lambert has said this is true and given the 2 panic buys for next to nothing in the last few hours of the trandfer window I see no reason to disbelieve him then things are going to just get worse.

Don't confuse the current unwinding of an unwise financial strategy with being at a lower level than Stoke.  We are a far, far better prospect than Stoke.  I hear they have done well financially, and good luck to them.  We have underperformed relative to what we should have done given the location and potential fan base, and perhaps they have performed at or above potential.

These were not panic buys.  They were probably not first choices, but they had obviously been scouted and considered.  Bent was a panic buy.  These are quite different.

And what's the problem with buying in the last couple of days of the window?  That's when most business gets done.  Do people think that managers have been asleep, only realising very late that there's only a couple of days left?  Do they think that if a manager decides to buy someone early, everyone else involved will just fall in to line and do as instructed?  It's just not like that, is it?

Don't confuse the current unwinding of an unwise financial strategy with being at a lower level than Stoke.  We are a far, far better prospect than Stoke.  I hear they have done well financially, and good luck to them.  We have underperformed relative to what we should have done given the location and potential fan base, and perhaps they have performed at or above potential.

These were not panic buys.  They were probably not first choices, but they had obviously been scouted and considered.  Bent was a panic buy.  These are quite different.

And what's the problem with buying in the last couple of days of the window?  That's when most business gets done.  Do people think that managers have been asleep, only realising very late that there's only a couple of days left?  Do they think that if a manager decides to buy someone early, everyone else involved will just fall in to line and do as instructed?  It's just not like that, is it?

I'm sorry to aim this at you mate but your one of the villa fans that's blinded by live for the club. We're not a better prospect than stoke not anymore not by a long shot. Look at their manager and chairman, look at their fans. If we had of bought the likes of sissoko , coutinho etc..... In first week of January when it was needed we would have more points from Wigan, Southampton and Newcastle and west brom to hey we may even have been looking forward to wembley trip but that wasn't to be because Lerner/ lambert are useless miserable idiots

:crylaugh:

I'm sorry to aim this at you mate but your one of the villa fans that's blinded by live for the club. We're not a better prospect than stoke not anymore not by a long shot. Look at their manager and chairman, look at their fans. If we had of bought the likes of sissoko , coutinho etc..... In first week of January when it was needed we would have more points from Wigan, Southampton and Newcastle and west brom to hey we may even have been looking forward to wembley trip but that wasn't to be because Lerner/ lambert are useless miserable idiots

So if you were assessing the two clubs financially, you would see Stoke as the better prospect?

I think you're confusing current league position with underlying financial potential.

So if you were assessing the two clubs financially, you would see Stoke as the better prospect?

I think you're confusing current league position with underlying financial potential.

I think you could quite reasonably argue Stoke is a better prospect. Next year they're assured of a ton of Sky money. Villa isn't. Then if you look at the accounts of the two clubs, Stoke would show a better run and more stable business. Then you could look at stability within the Club - which keeps changing it's senior staff? which has the expertise needed on the board?

Looking dispassionately, over the next few years, Stoke looks to be likely to stay in the Prem, to operate in a safe, stable way, with a good prospect of sharing over that time, in the new TV deal. Villa frankly does not.

Villa looks a strong bet for relegation, it looks like a club indulging in furious cost cutting, likely to lead to falling income levels. It looks like a bad prospect to me.

It sure does. Lerner also sold of cleveland browns, and he made another 300 million here two-three weeks ago. Honestly if he doesn`t wanna splash the cash then he better get out of here. And no, I am not expecting signings like aguero and stuff but we should be able to secure something we all have heard off. 

Worst thing is, you know this joke is not gonna be here if we are relegated. He will be in his suite in USA, not giving a shit. 

I think you could quite reasonably argue Stoke is a better prospect. Next year they're assured of a ton of Sky money. Villa isn't. Then if you look at the accounts of the two clubs, Stoke would show a better run and more stable business. Then you could look at stability within the Club - which keeps changing it's senior staff? which has the expertise needed on the board?

Looking dispassionately, over the next few years, Stoke looks to be likely to stay in the Prem, to operate in a safe, stable way, with a good prospect of sharing over that time, in the new TV deal. Villa frankly does not.

Villa looks a strong bet for relegation, it looks like a club indulging in furious cost cutting, likely to lead to falling income levels. It looks like a bad prospect to me.

Stoke does look as though it's been better run over the last few years.

However, if you were looking to invest in a club, aiming to make it successful, I would imagine you'd think we were the more likely prospect.  You can screw that up, like Leeds have done, but again there's a club with more potential than is currently being shown.

I suppose if you get relegated and stay down for a few years, there could be a widening gap between the divisions which would change the outlook.

Â