The Randy Lerner thread

CI

A helluva lot of people with egg on their never-satisfied faces as it grows more and more clear that MON did not walk out.

It was pretty clear to a lot of us a the time, and the abuse our most sucessful Manager - bar Saunders (and Barton ?) - since the war has been a disgrace.

our most succesful manger since the war :shock: :shock: :shock:

Taylor won promotion and finished 2nd

Big Ron finished 2nd and won the league cup

Little finished 4th, won the league cup and reached FA cup semi

Gregory finished top 6 twice, reached an FA cup final and reached UEFA cup 1/4 final

Eric Houghton won the FA cup in 1957

Jo Mercer won promotion and the league cup

Vic Crowe won promotion in the 70's

I would say they were more succesful than MON since the war.

Maybe he meant the second Iraq war?

:lol:

Well then martin, why dont you do the good thing and tell us why you actually left instead of speaking in riddles?? Actually... I don't care. Any bloke who is managin a PL team and walks out on them 5 days before the season starts is already in the wrong as far as im concerned. **** weasel.

Im so gutted we didnt do em today. That would have actually been the highlight of my season

I honestly think that he took a look at the piss poor squad hed assembled and thought '**** this'

lets face the facts here... Mon assembled a team of shite - the best players were being poached and there was **** all he could do about it. He took one look at our team of talentless mercenaries and didnt fancy it. He bottled it.

Wouldn't say it was a team of shite but it definitely wasn't a great team either. He said he left us with an infinitely better squad but in reality I'd say the squad he left wasn't that much better when you consider the money he spent.

...yeah its all Randy's fault.

He gives him c 100 million to spend he buys in the best part junk and when he gets told we need to recover some of the money on the junk.... throws his teddy.

poor ole Martin

ps I'll bet some of our previous managers would have loved the funds Martin Got.

What an utterly simplistic viewpoint you have expressed there. It is all Randy's fault ultimately, simple as that. Randy didn't just hand O'Neill a briefcase full of banknotes and say "here Martin, do your worst...". Mr Lerner kept approving ridiculous transfer and wage deals and thus committing financial suicide in the process. Every manager wastes money on shite signings, but as a manager if you've got a buffoon at the top which keeps giving you the money regardless then you're unlikely to moan about that fact.

Randolph hasn't a clue about how to run a sports franchise, let alone an English football club, and it shows. It IS all Randy Lerner's fault, please wake up. He has run the club in an unsustainable way, employed non-football people to advise him, employed some of the worst managers seen at this football club for decades, and people are surprised we're on the brink of relegation? He has **** us over bigtime.

McLeish is the symptom, yes. But Lerner is the cause.

Generally in life you reap what you sow. An over the hill Houllier followed by an at least equally clueless McLeish was always going to see us go quickly backwards,especially when you factor in selling your best players and not providing the funds to replace them, and so it has proved.

Lerner is getting what he deserves. Its just such a tragedy that the supporters of this great club are being made to suffer alongside the inept pr*ck.

He gives him c 100 million to spend he buys in the best part junk and when he gets told we need to recover some of the money on the junk.... throws his teddy.

poor ole Martin

ps I'll bet some of our previous managers would have loved the funds Martin Got.

£134 million in transfer fees, and £203 million in wages during his 4 years at Villa by my counting.

He knew the best players were all gonna leave, and he knew that what hed be left with wouldnt be good enough.

And he was right to be fair. Still a tosser for walking out on us. Honestly... Any manager who had that sort of affection and support from the fans and then walks out and leaves them in the shit - tosser. End of.

Generally in life you reap what you sow. An over the hill Houllier followed by an at least equally clueless McLeish was always going to see us go quickly backwards,especially when you factor in selling your best players and not providing the funds to replace them, and so it has proved.

Lerner is getting what he deserves. Its just such a tragedy that the supporters of this great club are being made to suffer alongside the inept pr*ck.

Those and giving O'Neill too much control.

£134 million in transfer fees, and £203 million in wages during his 4 years at Villa by my counting.

He had a net spend of 80 mill over 4 years. We have since made huge profits on three of his signings Milner, Downing and Young. During our three top six finishes on the spin we had the 8th, 6th and 6th highest wage bill. Given where he found us and the money spent on transfers and wages what he achieved was par for the course and anything else would have been over achieving.

The managers you mention, I agree with, wouldn't have been my choices.

I agree with the supporters being let down.... not good enough.

The players we sold I'm assuming you are referring to Young, Downing,Milner & Barry, only balanced the books from the bad ones bought, But they also wanted to leave themselves.If we had of bought in some decent ones in the way Newcastle have recently done , some of them may have stayed.

I will say it a million times nearly all our troubles are borne out of poor performance in the transfer market per sa.

For all the money we recouped on his good signings, we have lost a shitload on the players who we are stuck with. Most of whom arent fit to play in the championship. The money he wasted on absolute shite (4m on harewood whilst chasing a top 4 finish???) far outweighs the good he did here

I honestly think that he took a look at the piss poor squad hed assembled and thought '**** this'

lets face the facts here... Mon assembled a team of shite - the best players were being poached and there was **** all he could do about it. He took one look at our team of talentless mercenaries and didnt fancy it. He bottled it.

Stu, you are absolutely spot on

If a used car manager paid over the odds for his stock he would be told in no uncertain terms you bought em you sell em.

In my view he knew he had bought shite, done an oliver twist and was told no ... he then walked.... if thats contructive dismissal I'm a monkeys uncle.

He was brought to book and he didn't like it.

Not so long ago Mike Ashley was public enemy No 1 in Newcastle.

I would suspect they would have said a while ago, the worst chairman they have had...London Mafia etc.

IN COMES :

New Manager/new coaching staff/ new players that have come off.

what a wonderful world for a Geordie fan.

bet they love him now.

PS its all about signing good players that can have an impact on your team.

Stu, you are absolutely spot on

If a used car manager paid over the odds for his stock he would be told in no uncertain terms you bought em you sell em.

In my view he knew he had bought shite, done an oliver twist and was told no ... he then walked.... if thats contructive dismissal I'm a monkeys uncle.

He was brought to book and he didn't like it.

I thought the above is obvious.

How can anyone spin it any other way. FFS with the new rules coming in something had to be done.

Those and giving O'Neill too much control.

Pure speculation.

It's great to keep blaming a guy who hasn't been here for 2 years and let a shit owner off the hook.

Mon should have bought some scarfs and paid for a coach.

Wouldn't say it was a team of shite but it definitely wasn't a great team either. He said he left us with an infinitely better squad but in reality I'd say the squad he left wasn't that much better when you consider the money he spent.

Wow thats some real bullshit there.

Inherited squad that got lowest points total in a premiership season.

Left a squad that achieved the highest points total in a premiership season.

Crazy.

Â