The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I can't reveal my sources. But I have heard from a couple of people that Graham Taylor + David Platt will be joining villa in the summer. Mcleish remains as manager though.

Heinz?

They way I see the situation is a bit like an F1 Grand Prix, we might be 15th in the race but we're the only car to have made it's pit stop, once the other's come in we'll move back up the pack.

Just wondering. What clubs do you think will be dropping? I don't see any other club run as badly as we are with a manager as bad as ours.

We haven't made a pitstop. We've left the race and we're rebuilding our f1 car with a mechanic who would find it difficult working at Kwik-fit.

I can't reveal my sources. But I have heard from a couple of people that Graham Taylor + David Platt will be joining villa in the summer. Mcleish remains as manager though.

Heinz?

Reggae Reggae?

All managers - Ferguson, Mourinho, even the greatest of them all, Saunders - have signed rubbish players at some point.

of course they have... what separates the good managers from the not so good is the amount of bad v good signings in terms of ratio.

Plus the fact that the good managers usually introduce new recruits in to a well oiled machine....chances are they fit in.

Just wondering. What clubs do you think will be dropping? I don't see any other club run as badly as we are with a manager as bad as ours.

We haven't made a pitstop. We've left the race and we're rebuilding our f1 car with a mechanic who would find it difficult working at Kwik-fit.

I think there's a lot of clubs that whilst maybe not as high as ours was/is have wage bills that exceed the UEFA regs. City will definatley have to do something, although I think they're now firmly established as one of the top clubs they'll cope, selling half the squad that dont get a game will almost do it for them.

I'd be interested to see what Sunderland's, Stoke's, Newcastle's and even Spur's wage bill is as a percentage of income. I'm not saying that anybody will fall as hard as we have over the last 2 years, the manager situation has compounded that, but other clubs will have to adress the way they operate, and if we've already sorted our house out we may, repeat may, be in a position to benefit.

Of course it could be that Lerner just doesn't want to spend any money, but it would be nice if the majority on this thread at least acknowledge an alternative argument.

Â