The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I wonder what Learner will do with his Villa tattoo if and when he sells up?

I suppose if it is on the leg of the 'arm and a leg' that he is going to lose on his 'investment' then the new owner will get it.

:)

• Like 1

I saw Micky Arison mentioned before don't know anything about him, although I notice he isn't in his seventies like a lot of the other American Billionaires people have been guessing at. I don't necessarily think the new owners will be American.

Some interesting speculation (name) on twitter tonight. I know twitter is 99% bullshit, but I thought this might make for an interesting conversation.

???

Some interesting speculation (name) on twitter tonight. I know twitter is 99% bullshit, but I thought this might make for an interesting conversation.

HH and Heart of the Holte both say that they've heard the name mentioned. Both credible sources somewhat. Very interesting.

Partnership with the Miami Heat would suit Tekkers

Looks like wishful thinking to me. People are so desperate for change they latch on to any rumour and its origin is quickly forgotten.

Read my post above, it's interesting IMO. Pretty sure HOTH got a lot right last summer

I'm off the hook as he doesn't own a jet!

Last time the company jet was in the UK was June last year, in Southampton. I assume that he doesn't use that any more.

Last night's private charter visitor came from Beirut, which is in a region of the guy's interest, so may have been him (I do not know, so no PMs please)

But, two problems.

1. Inherited money - many VTers don't like (apparently) spoilt rich kids who inherit.

2. One of his captains ran one of his ships seriously aground while paying attention to a younger woman. Let's hope that he wouldn't choose a philandering manager ;)

On the upside, if he buys, the VT meltdown will continue for years to come, because it will be a nice roller coaster.

People are now tweeting him to ask him if it's true!! like he is going to respond.

Hope people don't abuse him (i.e. Non-Villa Fans)

It won't be too bad.

It's when he gets the abuse from the Villa fans that he will really feel it!

Are twitter rumours enough to assume were about to be sold and start a new thread? Its twitter guff, nothing more.

Not really, but if names are going to be bandied about, there may as well be a thread.

On the subject of speculation someone on another VIlla forum last night said that he'd heard that next year there would be two American owners either a new investor working with Randy or two new guys completely. Not sure how that would play out maybe a similar situation to the two guys who were at Liverpool before WInter.

Last time the company jet was in the UK was June last year, in Southampton. I assume that he doesn't use that any more.

Last night's private charter visitor came from Beirut, which is in a region of the guy's interest, so may have been him (I do not know, so no PMs please)

But, two problems.

1. Inherited money - many VTers don't like (apparently) spoilt rich kids who inherit.

I'm not sure that's strictly true mate.  The issue with Lerner is that he doesn't appear to have done anything to further develop the wealth he inherited.  This Mickey Arison character earned over $7m in his last year as a CEO.

It's not like Lerner has demonstrated the leadership skills of a billionaire businessman during his tenure at B6.

But, two problems.

I'm not sure that's strictly true mate.  The issue with Lerner is that he doesn't appear to have done anything to further develop the wealth he inherited.  This Mickey Arison character earned over $7m in his last year as a CEO.

It's not like Lerner has demonstrated the leadership skills of a billionaire businessman during his tenure at B6.

I guess that over in off topic a CEO who earned over $7m last year would be described as a 'fat cat'

Agreed on the last point.

Â