The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Immediately after he left there was hardly any. A month or so later is when the abuse started coming (and rightly so).

Still wrong.

There was about 15 mins of shock and no abuse.

Then, there was...er....lots of abuse.

Think you're remembering history differently to everyone else Mantis.

Whatever way MON left, it had been coming for months. Indeed rumour was he'd jacked about 6 months prior if you recall but RL persuaded him to stay

The fault of the board was having absolutely no contingency plan for the inevitable

Agreed. And you get the sense that they're still flying by the seat of their pants to this day....

You do get that impression, botched appointments, public PR gaffes eg being rebuffed by the manager of Wigan **** Athletic

From what I saw, MON didn't get much abuse shortly after he quit.

Coincidently though, my point's entirely been lost. There were many people on here criticising Randy for O'Neill's departure, despite the fact that the whole incident was likely over Randy trying to reign in spending, which many on here have criticised him for not doing sooner.

Coincidently though, my point's entirely been lost. There were many people on here criticising Randy for O'Neill's departure, despite the fact that the whole incident was likely over Randy trying to reign in spending, which many on here have criticised him for not doing sooner.

You seem lost again.

Some are annoyed that Lerner let the financial situation spiral out of control. The fact he finally dealt with it isn't something to be praised. He was left with no choice but to deal with it because of his poor leadership of the club he owns which resulted in the loss of a good manager and dropping back to a nothing mid table premier league because our great owner hired a past it word removed and then could only attract MacLeish to then replace that failure.

You seem lost again.

Some are annoyed that Lerner let the financial situation spiral out of control. The fact he finally dealt with it isn't something to be praised. He was left with no choice but to deal with it because of his poor leadership of the club he owns which resulted in the loss of a good manager and dropping back to a nothing mid table premier league because our great owner hired a past it word removed and then could only attract MacLeish to then replace that failure.

I never said he should be praised, I'm just saying it's a bit ridiculous criticising him when he finally does do what you think he should've done.

Immediately after he left there was hardly any. A month or so later is when the abuse started coming (and rightly so).

Still wrong.

You never seem to be.

Its a bit off going around telling everyone their opinion is wrong in numerous threads i've noticed.

I'm sure you smart enough to know not everyone even yourself is always right.

Anyway back on topic, Villa fans want to hear from Randy there is even this stupid thread about it.

They hear from him in the paper tomorrow and it will be all the stuff they dont want to hear :lol:

We want to hear from Randy, heard from Randy err shit its not what we wanted.

Brilliant.

Matt Dickinson has tweeted: "Rare interview with Randy Lerner in Times tmrw on his commitment to Villa, O'Neill, McLeish etc #avfc"

Which must be the media event that MM alluded to recently. Look forward to it.

I'd be surprised if it revealed anything we don't know.

Fully expect it to focus on competing within our means and focusing more on youth development.

Yup i suppose he could say how he is going to invest a hundred billion on players and watch as everyone puts their prices up.

Villa fans would be happy though!

Could go back to moaning about **** all.

I hope Lerner didn't fire MoN as it will make him worse than I already think he is.

What idiot would sack a manager 5 days before the start of a season and replace them with houllier?

As the club stated he resigned and that clearing in the woods of a journo who seemed to want to bum MON, forget his name, but he said he was forced to quit, I'm pretty sure you will chose to believe the poster on here as it suits you. Same as with your earlier post claiming he must have been forced out due to compensation.

Still wrong.

You never seem to be.

Its a bit off going around telling everyone their opinion is wrong in numerous threads i've noticed.

And if you read the previous page or more of this thread you will see that every other poster is in agreement with Trent. I don't think this is really opinion - more a matter of fact.

Anyway back on topic, Villa fans want to hear from Randy there is even this stupid thread about it.

They hear from him in the paper tomorrow and it will be all the stuff they dont want to hear :lol:

We want to hear from Randy, heard from Randy err shit its not what we wanted.

Brilliant.

You tell Trent its a bit off to tell everyone else their opinion is wrong yet you constantly criticise "Villa fans" for having their say and you constantly neglect to read what they are, for the most part, being critical of. All of your posts say we are moaning because he is not spending big yet most of us understand and appreciate this but are critical of his management of the club. At least when Trent tells people they are wrong he has read their posts beforehand and addressed that.

Read the interview in tomorrow's Times because I'm a subscriber. Randy says he is fully committed and would never sell, unless it was something to do with his kids. Not sure you can copy and paste Times articles to other websites, mods, can you?

Read the interview in tomorrow's Times because I'm a subscriber. Randy says he is fully committed and would never sell, unless it was something to do with his kids. Not sure you can copy and paste Times articles to other websites, mods, can you?

Good news.

Midtable is where everyone wants to be anyway.

maybe he should give us a free scarf again this winter, that should please everyone.

Randy bought in Alex McLiesh to heal the wounds of a broken squad left by Gerard Houllier, stating it was wrong to have a World Cup England player like Stephen Warnock sitting in the reserves. McLiesh was also apparantly the preferred choice for Lerner early on in the interviewing process. Alex Ferguson also sent Randy Lerner a letter through the post speaking up McLiesh, something Randy cherishes.

I hope Lerner didn't fire MoN as it will make him worse than I already think he is.

What idiot would sack a manager 5 days before the start of a season and replace them with houllier?

As the club stated he resigned and that clearing in the woods of a journo who seemed to want to bum MON, forget his name, but he said he was forced to quit, I'm pretty sure you will chose to believe the poster on here as it suits you. Same as with your earlier post claiming he must have been forced out due to compensation.

Actually i don't believe. I think Lerner is a poor owner but even I don't think he's that shit.

I don't believe that MoN walked for no reason, The general said he wasn't willing to address the wage issue yet he had sold shoddy, agreed a fee with Liverpool for Luke young and it was widely reported he'd also agreed a fee with fulham for sidwell. That and the fact the general ignored questions about that and has now been shown up as a bullshiting, PR machine leads me to believe his initial comment was rubbish. And yes no one knows the exact details but its possible he was given compensation because of something that went on behind closed doors.

The MoN thing is one small part. Lerner has shown since then and with the browns that as a sports team owner he's pretty useless.

Good news.

maybe he should give us a free scarf again this winter, that should please everyone.

So because Randy isn't as rich as other owners, he "wants" us to be midtable? Ridiculous logic as usual.

Just goes to prove that it's all about money with some people.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed by the interview, seeing as there is rarely an interview with Lerner, it is quite short.

He is doing everything good and proper though, he claims to have studied English football and seems extremely knowledgable on the past of the club. He also mentions that they researched thoroughly into the collapse of Leeds United.

He is trying to create "organic growth" at Villa. Saying money is being spent on areas that don't always get all the applause from fans. Villa are still going to boost the capacity of the ground to 50000.

The article does make Randy seem admirable, the interviewer obviously admires the man. The way he is going about business.

Randy says this about transfer policy;

“We bought well, sold well and are trying to do it again. We have to correct the perception we’ve had more players going than coming.”

On his lack of communication

“I am someone who runs the risk of being an under communicator. But I would rather be hard-working and focus on my job and under communicate than the opposite description.’’

Good news.

So because Randy isn't as rich as other owners, he "wants" us to be midtable? Ridiculous logic as usual.

Just goes to prove that it's all about money with some people.

It's ridiculous logic because you've made it up. Well done.

I didn't say he wants us to be there, unfortunately we have an owner who through poor decision making and poor leadership will see us there.

Â