The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Lerner In

Faulkner Out

Lambert In

Any reason why the owner stays, the manager stays yet the man it seems with the least influence in terms of what happens on the pitch - he doesn't supply the finance, he doesn't pick which players to sign, he doesn't pick the team/tactics/make substitutions etc - is the one to go. I am no fan of Faulkner by the way but in order of whose back I want to see he wouldn't be my first and only choice.

Lerner In

Faulkner Out

Lambert In

Any reason why the owner stays, the manager stays yet the man it seems with the least influence in terms of what happens on the pitch - he doesn't supply the finance, he doesn't pick which players to sign, he doesn't pick the team/tactics/make substitutions etc - is the one to go. I am no fan of Faulkner by the way but in order of whose back I want to see he wouldn't be my first and only choice.

The given contract alone is reason enough to want him out.

No one knows what Faulkner's job is on a day to day basis, or how much control he has of things at Villa. Randy will have the final say on all important decisions, and it's the important decisions which he's getting wrong time and time again. How anyone can blame Faulkner is beyond me. Randy employs the bloke ffs.

• Like 2

Faulkner is the easy one to blame for those that still can't bring themselves to criticise an owner who has dropped us to this disgusting level.

On the other hand, solely blaming the owner like this post does is also an easy thing to do

Faulkner is the easy one to blame for those that still can't bring themselves to criticise an owner who has dropped us to this disgusting level.

On the other hand, solely blaming the owner like this post does is also an easy thing to do

You mean the man with the overall power at the club? Yeah crazy to do that. Let's blame a guy he employed who no one really knows what he does.

You mean the man with the overall power at the club? Yeah crazy to do that. Let's blame a guy he employed who no one really knows what he does.

Says the Blackburn fan. Wonder if it would go down well if I went on their forum and suggested Venky's weren't the problem.

No one knows what Faulkner's job is on a day to day basis, or how much control he has of things at Villa. Randy will have the final say on all important decisions, and it's the important decisions which he's getting wrong time and time again. How anyone can blame Faulkner is beyond me. Randy employs the bloke ffs.

He is a CEO, look it up!!

Says the Blackburn fan. Wonder if it would go down well if I went on their forum and suggested Venky's weren't the problem.

What does this have to do with his point?

I said solely. Lerner hasn't been a good owner, but that's largely because his managerial appointments and managers have failed. So, he takes some* responsibility for hiring the managers that spent poorly, but likewise, the managers like mcleish take some responsibility for being so inept in the transfer market.

And please, lerner isn't nearly as bad as the Venky's.

*some meaning a large portion.

Edited by Rovers13

Faulkner is the CEO look up the description we know exactly what he does.

As for blaming X Y or Z I know who is to blame for this situation and it is Lerner, Faulkner and O'Neil.

That will continue for a couple more seasons until we are guaranteed to finish top half 7 to 10th and then it will be I know who is to praise for this Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert.

But we digress I guess I am not as simple as some.

I said solely. Lerner hasn't been a good owner, but that's largely because his managerial appointments and managers have failed. So, he takes some* responsibility for hiring the managers that spent poorly, but likewise, the managers like mcleish take some responsibility for being so inept in the transfer market.

And please, lerner isn't nearly as bad as the Venky's.

*some meaning a large portion.

Trying...to...find...where.. I said Lerner and Venkys were as bad as each other....

Â