The Randy Lerner thread

CI

His UNCLE was Sir William Dugdale - Chairman of Aston Villa after our saviour (Puke) and hero of some Doug Ellis. He attended games with his Uncle so I think it is possible he is a Villa Fan (regardless if he attends or not) just like many on here who don't attend for whatever reason

Between the prince the prime minister and an "a" class movie star....surely someone can "nod as good as a wink" to one of their Billionaire mates to relieve Randy of the burden.

• Like 1

That chairman was Ron Bendall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Dugdale_(Aston_Villa_chairman)

just goes to show wiki is not always right....I was in Rotterdam and at Highbury.....I knew who the chairman was.

ps ......no doubt some of the older posters will confirm

pps Sir william did hand over to Ellis with Harry Kartz in there somewhere, but Doug was ousted and Ron Bendall came in who was not much better, he had a funny turn after a few years,when we did most of our damage and sold his shares to HDE.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

You may not like his politics but Cameron was brought up around Aston Villa and is a fan of Villa if he is a fan of anybody. I doubt he would use that connection for any benefit to us other than what is also good for his role. But you never know.

I have said on here before..... we are very popular down the M6 corridor

The prince and Cameron have spent much time around Gloucester and Oxford, so we could be mentioned much by folk in those parts.

Edited by TRO

It might sound a bit mental, but Cameron being a Villa fan, a club with the potential to be amongst the elite but in dire need of investment, would have almost certainly came up if this guy is looking to get into football.

Not that anyone of sound judgement should listen to David Cameron. Just saying, we were probably mentioned.

Thing is he's not a villa fan. It pArt of his man of the people bullshit

How do you figure? Pretty sure if he wanted to pretend to support a football team to connect with the public he'd choose a more popular team.

Wasn't his uncle a club secretary or some nonsense. Have vague recollections of reading that about our Tarquin.

Something like that. I don't know why people try and deny that Cameron is a Villa fan. Admittedly he's probably played it up since becoming PM but that's about it.

His UNCLE was Sir William Dugdale - Chairman of Aston Villa after our saviour (Puke) and hero of some Doug Ellis. He attended games with his Uncle so I think it is possible he is a Villa Fan (regardless if he attends or not) just like many on here who don't attend for whatever reason

He still is Cameron's uncle. You make it sound like he's dead

I was going to say that his private jet was at Davos, but that is now plain to see. If it shows up here, I'll report

Wang's or Lerner's?
Wang's

Nooooooo don't jinx it if he turns up here.

I don't think that there is much likelihood of him turning up here.

Or anyone else for that matter.

I think that you are stuck with your favourite American!

I was going to say that his private jet was at Davos, but that is now plain to see. If it shows up here, I'll report

Wang's or Lerner's?
Wang's
Nooooooo don't jinx it if he turns up here.
I don't think that there is much likelihood of him turning up here.

Or anyone else for that matter.

I think that you are stuck with your favourite American!

Haha yeah I think you're right unfortunately.

It'd be horrible, for me.  Just look at the Man City fanbase - they've turned from being the darlings of Manchester to a bunch of spoilt brats (almost).  They (and other clubs) destroy anything that resembles the soul of football.  Players don't go to these clubs to progress; it's all just pure greed.

Top scorer in the Bundesliga?  Yeah, we'll just sign him for £30m and stick him on the bench.

Terrible, terrible attitude.  I'd hate it, I really would :(

Oh noes we've destroyed the soul of football by raiding Sheffiled United, Crewe and Chesterfield. Truth is Bowery's at Villa out of pure greed, instead of playing 90 minutes each weekend in division 10 or something. Yea right.

Â