The Randy Lerner thread

CI

• 3 weeks later...

3 consecutive relegation battles.

Falling down the table in terms of revenue.

Credit for backing the manager this summer but think it will take a bit more before I'm a fan.

me too. Made some shocking decisions making some right ones now and it needs to continue

Credit for backing the manager this summer but think it will take a bit more before I'm a fan.

So the good years we had with MON don't count?

That's right. When things are going badly - Randy is to blame. When things are going well - manager is the one who deserves all the praise.

• Like 1

You mean the years where he allowed the spending to reach levels we could never continue at?

That's right. When things are going badly - Randy is to blame. When things are going well - manager is the one who deserves all the praise.

Who hasn't given him credit for our summer activity then?

Smetrov is an example of a poster who is continually stating the opinion that the club will never achieve more than mid-table mediocrity until Lerner starts spending more. Your above post is blaming Lerner for backing the manager too much. He can't win.

It's also noticeable that this thread has had about two positive posts in it after the Arsenal victory, whereas the Lambert thread has had about 200. I can see why Lambert is more directly responsible, of course, but it does illustrate what Mantis is talking about.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

Well, this thread certainly has gotten quiet in recent months.

• Like 1

Â