The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Villa has to support its own growth, its how a proper business is run and Randy Lerner is a business man.

The name of the game is to increase revenue. If any area of Aston Villa needs improvement then its that area. We need to improve our press and public relations, raise the profile of the club.

We have a great chance to use the USA's teams visit to Birmingham next year, Why not arrange a friendly with the USA's team or other national teams or even club teams or something along those lines.

We need someone who can promote the Villa to the world. The area around Villa's ground is ripe for development, it has a park, church and national trust mansion very near to, buy a few run down houses knock em down build a hotel...............whatever build the brand and the success will come.

Villa has to support its own growth, its how a proper business is run and Randy Lerner is a business man.

The name of the game is to increase revenue. If any area of Aston Villa needs improvement then its that area. We need to improve our press and public relations, raise the profile of the club.

We have a great chance to use the USA's teams visit to Birmingham next year, Why not arrange a friendly with the USA's team or other national teams or even club teams or something along those lines.

We need someone who can promote the Villa to the world. The area around Villa's ground is ripe for development, it has a park, church and national trust mansion very near to, buy a few run down houses knock em down build a hotel...............whatever build the brand and the success will come.

Your issues about business are basically valid, but in a time of housing shortage you speak of knocking down houses and building yet another hotel!! :cry: Alright, "... whatever", you say, to accommodate other approaches.

Fine, then let's start with improving the spectacle on the pitch. That's what it's essentially all about. First of all have the playing product working and then do other things.

To get the playing bit right needs better management from the top at VP.

We need a good football manager, it's almost everything at a football club. Above that, things at VP aren't perfect, but they're not that bad either. Yeah yeah Randy appointed ..... 'it's his fault', well yes, but show me a chairman who hasn't appointed duds. Good, available managers are few and far between.

Am I right in thinking bad owners = those who do not spend money they havent got Richard?

I may be wrong but don't the browns fans consider him a bad owner?

And again I may be wrong but that sport is all about trades rather than personal wealth and money isn't it?

I consider him a bad owner because he makes bad decisions which ultimately send the team I support backwards.

While I agree with the sentiment, does the world want to know about Aston Villa ?

Unfortunately these day's the only teams people want to be associated with are the rich/successful ones. I say rich/successful because money is what football is about now, and even our own fans can't be bothered supporting Villa as some kind of demonstration against the lack of spending by RL.

I'm becoming disillusion myself, not because Villa aren't being successful, but because of the generally unrealistic and childish expectations of our fanbase.

On the second part of your comment, I think the people that live in those 'rundown' houses might have something to say about being move don, and personally I wouldn't have any desire to spend a night in a hotel in Witton, fancy some rape and murder with your kebab sir ?

I feel bad now for knocking a positive post. Sorry.

His mistakes have been crucially poor

1. Allow MON to run the shop

2. Appointment of Faulkner

3. Ditto GED

4. Ditto Eck

A catalogue of very poor decisions

Agree 100%. Randy is a nice guy and no doubt well meaning but when it really matters his judgement is flawed.

I consider him a bad owner because he makes bad decisions which ultimately send the team I support backwards.
The problem here is that you often blame Randy for things that are out of his control.

Really?

The 3 big problems i have with him are

1) allowed the wage bill to spiral out of control

2) hired houllier

3) hired mcleish

All fully in his control and all decisions that have contributed big time to us falling backwards.

Mcleish may well turn out to be good but his decision to hire him pissed off a lot of fans and at the moment doesn't look like being a decision that will see us back towards the top 6 come the end of the year.

I suppose in your world though controlling wages and hiriing employees is nothing the owner and boss can control

Mr L will arrive tomorrow in his shiny new aircraft.

I haven't tracked much lately as I assume that he has been using 3rd party aircraft while awaiting the new one.

Is he coming over for the Norwich game?

The problem here is that you often blame Randy for things that are out of his control.

Really?

The 3 big problems i have with him are

1) allowed the wage bill to spiral out of control

2) hired houllier

3) hired mcleish

All fully in his control and all decisions that have contributed big time to us falling backwards.

Mcleish may well turn out to be good but his decision to hire him pissed off a lot of fans and at the moment doesn't look like being a decision that will see us back towards the top 6 come the end of the year.

I suppose in your world though controlling wages and hiriing employees is nothing the owner and boss can control

Actually, I was referring to how you say things like "thanks Randy" when we lose.

3. Ditto GED

4. Ditto Eck

He has also made similar mistakes with the Cleveland browns. he seems to have very good ideas and plans but seems incapable of executing any of them. he seems to take very bad advice from somewhere and gets himself into a bit of a pickle before having to change his original ideas

3. Ditto GED

4. Ditto Eck

He has also made similar mistakes with the Cleveland browns. he seems to have very good ideas and plans but seems incapable of executing any of them. he seems to take very bad advice from somewhere and gets himself into a bit of a pickle before having to change his original ideas

To sum it up the guy is clueless when it comes to sport! :winkold:

Club has stumbled from bad decision to another in past year and is all just very disappointing way things have panned out.

McLeish appointment i still can't work out what they were thinking tbh.

But....Grass is not always greener elsewhere tho.

Theres much worse owners and much worse potential owners out there - look at Blackburn takeover etc.

Good to hear he can still afford one of lifes essentials.

Indeed. It's only like me owning a car to pursue my work.

Has he gone for the new Falcon800?

bargain at $50m

Good to hear he can still afford one of lifes essentials.

Indeed. It's only like me owning a car to pursue my work.

Has he gone for the new Falcon800?

bargain at $50m

Nope, the new Falcon 7X is the 'top of the range'

Probably somewhere between $40m and $50m fitted out.....

Â