Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Winds me up when that is wheeled out for either players or managers.

Has no baring whats so ever.

No it has a bearing (note sp.) on whether he can rightly claim that he is "hurting" more than Villa fans at the moment. It's just a job for him and if it doesn't work out, massive payoff, a few weeks golfing in Spain and then another job. It will be the fans left with the wreckage of relegation.

Edited by briny_ear

Our midfield is **** shit

We have gone from Downing,Young,Miner,Barry,NRC ,Petrov to Allbrighton,Ireland,Nzogbia,KEA,Delph,Bannan,Westwood,Herd.

This is where it has gone tits up. one of the best midfield in the prem. to one of the worst in our history within 4 years. Shocking stuff.

Yeah or look at Barcelona, but they have skilled gifted players, we do not. Of course size isn't everything but it does help, especially in a physical league as the Championship

Swansea got out of the Championship with little players. 

But if size isn't one of the factors to why we can't win headers or the midfield battles then it has to be tactical inabillity and lack of motivation from the players, i can't see that being any better once we get relegated

We are one of the best 5 clubs in the league for winning headers. Look at what this table is telling us.

b844nm.png

Liverpool are one of the most dominant teams in the air in the PL at the moment.

Daniel Agger wins 61% aerial dules, Martin Skrtel wins 69%. Clark wins 58%, Vlaar wins 71%/Baker wins 70%.

At CB we're about the same.

The league leaders? Man Utd are worse. Ferdinand wins 56% aerial battles, Johnny Evans 52%.

We are good in the air. What we lack is organisation - at set pieces, and in "second phase."

Look at the key passes stat and compare with other teams - esp. Bannan's. The midfield does provide service.

Problem is our wing backs and defence don't have nearly as good passing, crossing, longball stats as our midfield, and it's often the wing backs and CBs - not our wingers, CMs, or forwards - lobbing the balls in.

This is also a matter of organisation.

Our midfield is not terrible.  That is an unfounded assertion. Our midfield is underused.

Our defence is terrible and our organisation is wretched. 

the defence is over worked as teams waltz through the midfield at will. Do you watch any of our games or do you supply analysis to Paul Lambert because he too cannot see our midfield problems

We have gone from Downing,Young,Miner,Barry,NRC ,Petrov to Allbrighton,Ireland,Nzogbia,KEA,Delph,Bannan,Westwood,Herd.

This is where it has gone tits up. one of the best midfield in the prem. to one of the worst in our history within 4 years. Shocking stuff.

One of the best midfields in the league? Yeah I think that's going a bit too far. Should also be worth noting that Downing and Barry never played together.

Edited by Mantis

How important is tonight's game for Lambert or is it not only the league that counts? Think he should play strongest team possible tonight or try and rest one or two with the Newcastle game on Tuesday and them having a free weekend?

Id play the entire U19 team. Confidence is already at rock bottom and sending the 1st team out for another embarrassing defeat will do more harm than good. Remember we must stick together whatever happens.

the defence is over worked as teams waltz through the midfield at will. Do you watch any of our games or do you supply analysis to Paul Lambert because he too cannot see our midfield problems

What a load of nonsense. He knows full well we need bodies in midfield. But the cupboard is bare.

But please do tell me the players you would have brought in using the 20 mill budget and for wages not over 20k??

League is what matters .however another lose would effect players IMO so has to go as strong as he can.

In latest interview talked about going back to basics , I agree.No time for pretty football now need to use wings and our pace more.

Though it was just Dunne. don't the other two have a year left?

Dunne, Warnock, Lichaj and Marshall are out of contract in the summer. 

Makoun, Ireland, Albrighton, Bannan, Clark, Herd, Weimann, Gardner and Baker till 2014

Bent, Agbonlahor, Hutton, Holman, Vlaar, Delph, KEA, Guzan, Bowery and Stephens till 2015

Given, Nzogbia, Bennet, Westwood, Benteke and Lowton till 2016

Our midfield is **** shit

Yes, yes it is.

One of the best midfields in the league? Yeah I think that's going a bit too far. Should also be worth noting that Downing and Barry never played together.

I know they never. I was just highlighting the players out the door and the players who have replaced them. There really is no comparison when it comes to quality.

What a load of nonsense. He knows full well we need bodies in midfield. But the cupboard is bare.

But please do tell me the players you would have brought in using the 20 mill budget and for wages not over 20k??

he didn't need to sign lowton, Bennett or bowery so he could have got two better midfield than KEA and Westwood.

he didn't need to sign lowton, Bennett or bowery so he could have got two better midfield than KEA and Westwood.

Because warnock and hutton are so awesome?? every fan wanted them gone - so yeah he did. Again prob not his first choices. Not enough money for those.

Who are they then?? name them