Paul Lambert

Pilchard

If Lambert were to go we are **** - RDM? don't make me laugh

This. There is no other manager out there and available that would come to villa better than lambert. Alternatively if we poached someone from another club thst just smacks of stupidity and hipocrisy, that money could have been spent strengthening the squad!

Money?

Surely he's rich already

He needs to issue an ultimatum to the board Back me or Sack me

He will inevitably be sacked anyway if he has to persist with the current bunch of clowns taking us down why delay the inevitable

Edited by AshVilla

Surely he's rich already

He will inevitably be sacked anyway if he has to persist with the current bunch of clowns taking us down why delay the inevitable

The money when he was a player was not as big as today, and Villa is surelly his first big earning job as a manager?

I agree that he should issue an ultimatum to the board as anyone can see we need new players, but managers walking, does that ever happen?

Edit: We do have the MON situation so i guess managers do walk...

Edited by sne

Where do you think some of the information is coming from?

PL will initially try to influence RL by releasing titbits through the media and via forums to get a groundswell of opinion to see if he can loosen the pursestrings a bit

Failing that you might well see a "back me or sack me" statement next week

The money when he was a player was not as big as today, and Villa is surelly his first big earning job as a manager?

I agree that he should issue an ultimatum to the board as anyone can see we need new players, but managers walking, does that ever happen?

MON, Brian Little ?

Where do you think some of the information is coming from?

PL will initially try to influence RL by releasing titbits through the media and via forums to get a groundswell of opinion to see if he can loosen the pursestrings a bit

Failing that you might well see a "back me or sack me" statement next week

"Back me or Sack me?!"

That is the worst ultimatum ever. "Give me money to spend - or unfairly dismiss me and give me money for compensation"

That is NEVER going to happen.

MON, Brian Little ?

Yeah i thought of MON the second i hit post.

As for Little that was before the really silly money came into football. Lambert would lose millions by walking

Edited by sne

Yeah i thought of MON the second i hit post.

As for Little that was before the really silly money came into football. Lambert would loose millions by walking

Yes - but he may write off his managerial career if he stays. (or at least set it back a few years)

But if that's the case why hasn't Lambert walked by now

He's on a hiding to nothing by staying here if the board are not going to back him

He's only just finished one very messy dispute with a club he left. Maybe he can't face another one so soon after?

If he waits to be sacked it makes the compensation etc. so much simpler.

I'm really hoping this is all wild and inaccurate speculation but there's just a mood developing around the club that is sinking me deeper into gloom.

If it's going to happen and Lerner has any intention of trying to fight off relegation, it will need to be this weekend or maybe Tuesday at the very latest.

That is spot on

The fact PL hasn't told them to **** off is massive credit to him. He could easily walk and point to the lack of backing and he would be in another job within days. If, IF Lambert stays and gets us out of this mess he deserves the thanks of every Villa supporter because IMO he is our only hope

I really don't think he would be in another job with some of the mistakes he has made here.

In fact, I don't think he'd be touched with a barge pole at the moment.

(clarifying my position I don't know whether sacking him would be a good idea or not).

No manager wants relegation on their CV

If Lambert walked and we got relegated he'd still more-or-less have it on his CV. He'd forever be seen as the man who got them into a position they were unable to recover from, especially if he walks. I think Lambert would be more keen to turn it around and save his reputation, even if it means he then goes in the summer (which I don't think he will). Lambert walking now will not protect his reputation,

I think lambert has the following games to keep his position

WBA

Bradford

Millwall (irrelevant)

Newcastle

Everton

West ham

After that its 5 very tough games

Are you reading Randy's mind or is that your opinion?

I'd fire him if we lose against West Brom. That would give the new manager or caretaker an opportunity against Bradford.

It would be difficult to fire Lambert if we did beat Bradford 3-0 and got to the Carling Cup final.

As we know, CC doesn't mean a thing about form in Premier League. It's much more important we win in PL than win the CC.