Paul Lambert

Pilchard

You need to get in the real world - you obviously think Lambert and all his staff are idiots. Do you really think he thought "I could buy a few experienced top class players but I think it would be more fun to sign League 1 players

No. But like everyone in the world he is capable of making mistakes.

:crylaugh:

What are you basing your laughter on?

The amount of goals we let in last season compared to this one?

:crylaugh:

Nice selective quoting while leaving out the point of using the money saved to improve CB and CM (our weakest positions in the entire squad).

Lambert has really masterminded a good defence though. You're right.

Edited by DCJonah

What are you basing your laughter on?

The amount of goals we let in last season compared to this one?

Lambert has got to move out the top earners, to allow himself funds to bring in better players. Warnock, Hutton, Dunne, Given, Bent, Ireland, Zog are sucking our club dry and contributing little. In fact doing less than contributing little - poisoning the culture around the club. I want Warnock and Hutton nowhere near my club. I would rather struggle with youngsters who are giving there all than have those two anywhere near my team

Warnock & Hutton got us to 16th last season - no thanks

Guzan is playing for free is he?

No, but guess what, we were paying him last season as well.

Anyway, as I said, I think people are bored with us going around in circles. Lets just agree to disagree, and hope that we get some decent players in before the end of the month.

:wave::wave::wave:look at the bigger picture!

Bigger picture? sure let's look at that.

Let's start with the corners.. Why oh why hasn't he told Bannan to get lost from them? Why are we still floating corners when they are easy to defend against?

Why are we not working on out set pieces? If we can't score from open play at least have an plan B with set pieces.. or is that part of someone else job?

The players may belong in the championship but as a team they lack any sort of tactical measure, any sort of belief and do not look like they have a clue on how to attack.

Why is he so adamant in playing 3 at the back when we are shipping goals every game?

That's just part of the problem but he is part of that "bigger picture" and his decisions have hit the team just as hard.

Our attack is also very very naive, hoof to Benteke and hope for the best.. now i'm not asking for 5-6 different options but at the very least mix it up.

One of many problems but please do not make out Paul is innocent in all this because he is far from.

Nice selective quoting while leaving out the point of using the money saved to improve CB and CM (our weakest positions in the entire squad).

Lambert has really masterminded a good defence though. You're right.

At least my quotes are what you actually said rather than yours which are made up

Our defence is not very good at the moment - not helped by the fact that two first choices are injured.

I'm judging Lambert on how well he has done with what is available to him - I think he has made some mistakes as every manager does but I admire him for taking on a thankless job and trying to put Villa back where we belong. I have faith that 18-24 months from now we will be a force to be reckoned with

Lambert could easily walk away, claim that he wasn't backed to buy the players he wanted and be in another job almost immediately but I don't think he will. I think he understands the restrictions that RL has put on the finances and slowly he will put a side together. I doubt we will get rid of the deadwood in January so it will probably be the summer when PL can make some proper siginings instead of shopping in the bargain basement like he is now

It's really really easy and (from the enthusiasm shown) apparently quite enjoyable to sit on the sidelines and snipe. You are entitled to your opinions and too express them but I think you are dead wrong

• Like 1

Starting to think that VillaCas actually is Paul Lambert.

It kinda makes sense if Paul Lambert is spending all his time arguing a hopeless point on an internet forum instead of managing the team. That would explain why we are now worse than under McLeish in every aspect of the game.

He is determined to defend Lambert to the hilt and blame everything on the owner. You won't get him to change his tune.

I don't think it's all RL's fault

There plenty of blame to go around

- MON - wasted a lot of money, left us in the lurch

- RL - didn't control finances well enough

- RL - odd appt in Houiller

- RL - terrible appt in McLeish

- McL - poor signings, dire tactics, allowed poor culture to develop amongst senior pros

- RL - trying to fix financial problems to quickly (although to be fair I don't know enough about the finances to know why the panic)

- Throughout there has and continues to be poor communication from the club

I am not of the opinion the RL should pump limitless funds into the club or that he is taking money out of the club. I think he has invested a substantial amount. I also think he is a decent, genuine guy but his inexperience in football matters shows

Why don't I blame Lambert - because he has been here five minutes, because we had problems well before he was here, because he is working to a tiny budget and I suspect restrictions on which players he can choose (I also think that he knew this before he signed up)

Do I think he's perfect - far from it. I'm sure he makes mistakes on a regular basis - i'd be surprised if he didn't but I think he is a very decent manager easily capable of steering us to mid-table and above. I think he could easily have walked and would have garnered very little criticsim in the media but I admire him for staying and fighting

It is easy to snipe but I've decided that I'm going to take the opposite view and defend a guy who I think (and from what I hear) is sweating blood to try and improve my club

• I expected him to strengthen our squad in the key areas we were weak (CB and CM)
  • I expected him to spend wisely (not waste £6m on fullbacks when that position wasn't a priority)
  • I expected us to improve with our performances and results (compared to last season).

None of the above has happened. I'm not blaming Lambert for everything. Yes, there are probably wage restrictions in place, and we have been on a steady decline since MON left. I just don't agree with the people that are blaming Lerner for the entire thing. I think Lambert has been given enough resources to steer us away from releagation.

Why don't we cut out the middle man then as this is clearly where the massive problem lies then is it not?

Sure why not..

Bigger picture? sure let's look at that.

Let's start with the corners.. Why oh why hasn't he told Bannan to get lost from them? Why are we still floating corners when they are easy to defend against?

To be honest with you I would say the corners coming in most of this season have been poor from the numerous amount of different players have taken them. We have not had a decent crosser of the ball since Young and Milner left, Downing had his moments too.

Why are we not working on out set pieces? If we can't score from open play at least have an plan B with set pieces.. or is that part of someone else job?

I don't know what goes on in the dressing room nor do I the board room and have never claimed to either but what I can tell you is we need to strengthen this squad alot more first and some more reinforcements before we worry about playing fancy football and worrying about set pieces etc. as no matter how much you practice them they are not going to have any effect when the current team is nakered and in need of a rest, injury struck combined with players on big wages not giving a **** along with young inexperienced players what chance did you think we had! I am glad set pieces is all we need.

Randy.. put the cheque book away and bollocks to the cost cutting - it's set pieces we need to get us out this storm so get out there and look for the best set-piece coach you can find and we will be fine.

The players may belong in the championship but as a team they lack any sort of tactical measure, any sort of belief and do not look like they have a clue on how to attack.

Maybe it's more coach's we need then and not players?

Why is he so adamant in playing 3 at the back when we are shipping goals every game?

Maybe to accomodate injuries and inexperience in other areas of the team to avoid us getting humped 5-8 nill every game!

That's just part of the problem but he is part of that "bigger picture" and his decisions have hit the team just as hard.

I disagree, I would say some, not all.

Our attack is also very very naive, hoof to Benteke and hope for the best.. now i'm not asking for 5-6 different options but at the very least mix it up.

At times this season we have and at times it has worked and at times it hasn't but again when your using limited resources then you have a limited amount of tactics to choose from.

One of many problems but please do not make out Paul is innocent in all this because he is far from.

I am not saying he is totally innocent but again the bigger picture is where this club is currently at and not another manager with fancy tactics could make any difference with the current budget and players available to him than what we have seen so far...

Edited by AvfcRigo82

It really does not matter who he signs,because with tactics like this we have no chance at all, I am talking about.....

We are 0-1 down to Southampton and we need a goal desperately to salvage a point or 2 goals to get all 3 points, so who does he bring on ?................Bowery

while Bent is nowhere in sight.

Good tactics, good thinking.

Bent got injured against Bradford, I suppose that's Lambert's fault as well.