Paul Lambert

Pilchard

me three

Me too - yes I know it is 3 defeats in a row and a poor league position at present but we are only half way through. I think some of the criticism and abuse PL is getting now is way over the top - a shame you have no patience.

He is the right man, doing the right restructring job, in the right way, and it will come out fine.

Quote me in May !

me three

Me too - yes I know it is 3 defeats in a row and a poor league position at present but we are only half way through. I think some of the criticism and abuse PL is getting now is way over the top - a shame you have no patience.

He is the right man, doing the right restructring job, in the right way, and it will come out fine.

Quote me in May !

he wont quit lamberts a fighter i give him that credit even though i am not happy with his performance as manager in last 3 games

he needs to go back to basics and play negative dump this 3-5-2 failure, worked for 2 games but has been disaster in the last 3 games

he needs to play 4 at the back. first thing i would do is swallow my pride and get warnock back. he is experienced and miles better than bennett and lichaj. next i would also try get makoun back. sorry he cannot be any worse than bannan, delph and KEA who have been absolutely useless.

he should try get palacios in as that is teh type of CM we lack.

and as for january stop with this lower league rubbish that isnt good enough for aston villa football club. get some real experience in. enough is enough

We'd be much more solid with Cuellar and Collins at centre half, not that they were great.

we really werent that much solid, both are atrocious and stole a living from this club. Cuellar was muscled off the ball last week by the behemoth Ashley Young for one of UNited goals and whoever told Collins he could pass the ball from defence or was Ginger Rio Ferdinand should be taken to a mental institution

IMO - he has to play 3CB'S because a pairing clark and a.n. other would be feeble - Clark\Vlaar wasn't great by any means - To me Clark is the problem - he directly contributes to us conceeding at least one goal a game - and doesn't really have any redeeming attributes.

I m just saying what he said. I hope he signs some experience in Jan, and hope he can take it from there.

However he is 13/8 fav to be the next prem manager to leave.

I hope he signs some decent experienced players. Buying experience for the sake of experience is pointless

You're reading too much into it. Those odds aren't based on anything concrete, they're just reacting to the money that is being thrown their way. Of course people will be backing Lambert to go as at the moment as he is the most under pressure manager.

Edited by Mantis

I am aware that at least on here I am - suddenly - in a minority but where is the sense of persepective ?

We have had 24 games in League and Cup.

In my view we have had 3 poor away scorelines, 1-4 Southampton, 0-5 Man City, and 0-8 Chelsea. But only one of those could be classed as a dissappointing result, in that we would have hoped for a draw at Southampton.

At home we have also had only 3 poor scorelines, 1-3 Everton, 0-4 Spurs, and 0-3 Wigan - but again I would say only one of these was a dissappointing result - today against Wigan (who we never beat at home anyway !).

On the other hand we have had a couple of really good victories away in the Cup, and a good one in the League, everything else is in the middle.

Seems like a huge over reaction against a guy trying to turn round a Club that got 38 points last year and was going nowhere.

If he walks due to fan pressure I think I will call it a day with modern football.

I am aware that at least on here I am - suddenly - in a minority but where is the sense of persepective ?

We have had 24 games in League and Cup.

In my view we have had 3 poor away scorelines, 1-4 Southampton, 0-5 Man City, and 0-8 Chelsea. But only one of those could be classed as a dissappointing result, in that we would have hoped for a draw at Southampton.

At home we have also had only 3 poor scorelines, 1-3 Everton, 0-4 Spurs, and 0-3 Wigan - but again I would say only one of these was a dissappointing result - today against Wigan (who we never beat at home anyway !).

On the other hand we have had a couple of really good victories away in the Cup, and a good one in the League, everything else is in the middle.

Seems like a huge over reaction against a guy trying to turn round a Club that got 38 points last year and was going nowhere.

If he walks due to fan pressure I think I will call it a day with modern football.

It might be self preservation - he might view, that if he walks now - his managerial reputation is better, than a few more months of mullerings then relegation.

15 goals without reply - a meeting with the chairman about funds for players - I really wouldn't be surprised.

15 goals on 3 games isn't acceptable against any team. This is not and an over-reaction. One game 8-0? ok a slip up, 4-0 where's the fight? 3-0 is past a joke, there has been no fight, no passion, no hunger for redemption, disgusting is an understatement.

Maybe we can now express worry and concern without being told we're wired a certain way or mocked for being moaning fans.

Apart from a few rare moments its been **** obvious that this squad is absolute shit.

Now in full defence of lambert he was not backed enough in the summer. While a few of us pointed this out most went back to telling everyone now great Lerner was.

I truly blame Randy Lerner 100% for the current mess this club is in.

Lambert though has not done himself any favours at all. It's been abysmal this year and worse than last. All this talk of improvement was utter bollocks from people who couldn't bring themselves to acknowledge actual facts and statistics. FFS I had someone only days ago tell me that the facts showed there was nothing to worry about.

Lambert's tactics have been poor, his persistence with a narrow diamond earlier and this stupid 3-5-2 now does not show his skills off in a good light. His attitude towards Darren Bent when his team are the worst attacking side in the league was crazy and again is something that hasn't shown him in a good light.

This season and our future now needs to be saved in January. I'm confident this time money will be spent because Lerner can not allow us to go down the year the tv money rockets up. It's now up to lambert to spend that money on players who will improve us straight away in all departments.

No chance whatsoever of a) Lambert quitting or B) being sacked! The plan is to get a few new players in during the transfer window, attempt to steady the ship, get the injured players back and go again for the second half of the season. Its not going to be pretty but this year was always going to be a tough one. So many expensive mistakes were made under McLeish and others that it will take time to recover fully.

My tip is for 4 new players to arrive - one being a defender! Possible cup final to look forward to as well. Eventually, we'll start to climb the table. Swansea is going to be another tough one as none of the injured players are back but once some of them are, and a few new faces on board as well, an improvement in results will follow.

He's not walking Smetrov.

Lets hope not. His demeanor on Radio WM wasn't that of man who knew what needed to be done, and was preparing to knuckle down.

Im really hoping for a couple of monster centre halves in the Jan window !

There is no point getting rid while Randy Lerner is running this club.

Lambert has been worse than I expected but I still think I'd rather him continue than sack him right now. This doesn't mean I'm happy with what he's doing, can see imaginary improvement or think what we've seen so far is acceptable. It's just right now I don't see a new man coming in and changing everything for the good.

Maybe we can now express worry and concern without being told we're wired a certain way or mocked for being moaning fans.

Apart from a few rare moments its been **** obvious that this squad is absolute shit.

Now in full defence of lambert he was not backed enough in the summer. While a few of us pointed this out most went back to telling everyone now great Lerner was.

Lambert though has not done himself any favours at all. It's been abysmal this year and worse than last. All this talk of improvement was utter bollocks from people who couldn't bring themselves to acknowledge actual facts and statistics. FFS I had someone only days ago tell me that the facts showed there was nothing to worry about.

Lambert's tactics have been poor, his persistence with a narrow diamond earlier and this stupid 3-5-2 now does not show his skills off in a good light. His attitude towards Darren Bent when his team are the worst attacking side in the league was crazy and again is something that hasn't shown him in a good light.

This season and our future now needs to be saved in January. I'm confident this time money will be spent because Lerner can not allow us to go down the year the tv money rockets up. It's now up to lambert to spend that money on players who will improve us straight away in all departments.

How can you blame Lerner 100%? That's just absurd. The players and Lambert have to take some of the blame as well.

That is childish, would be like me saying a couple of games ago maybe I can say he's the right man without people moaning. I have tried to debate with you but only here you complaining, and nothing has changed.

I did a long reply explaining why those of us who support him see more than just results, and you ignored it.

A few lines earlier up this page I have spelled out why I STILL think these are overreactions - do you agree on my representation of how many bad scores and bad results we have had ? If you think there have been more, which ones are they ?

We are only half way through the year. We have only had half a dozen poor results in 24 games, and from a very low starting point.

Of course you can have disquiet and concern but it is the knee jerk over the top reactions which are so silly.

If you dismiss the Chelsea result and spread the last 2 home games apart people would react very differently -(as they will have to when results pick up again in my view ).

Debates are fine, criticism is fine, but this idea that some poor results and they guy can go hang is utterley utterley stupid, blind, and destructive.

And for all those who delight in saying which players he should buy/ have bought/ how much better you would manage out Team - have you any idea how childish that sounds to anyone with half a brain cell ?