Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Well thanks for that.

Like i said, its the worst thing you've ever seen and you're moaning about people unhappy with it.

As ridiculous as our performance today.

I'll leave it at that. No interest in a morpheous style argument with you.

Do you not read my posts? I said everyone has a right to complain. I'm moaning about the people who are blowing things out of proportion and going overboard.

Like who?

And you had a go at those people before anyone had actually said anything. And that was after the worst thing you've ever seen from villa.

Hahaha

There were already overreactions before I'd even posted on VT after the game.

I have always been uncertain with the Lambert appointment from the start and today again shows his inept tactics and bad decision making.

His line up is a joke. The defence is not strong enough and he puts Lichaj in who should not IMO be anywhere near the 1st team, he is culpable for a lot of of errors thsi season, then Herd WTF is he doing playing in the defence, the team was out of sorts from the 1st minute to the last, no effort. The fault lies with Lambert though as he should have bought experience, something that needs to happen in the 1st week of the transfer window, not waiting till the last few days, this defeat has destroyed our already poor goal difference and we are looking like getting drawn in to another relegation dog fight. God help us UTV.

Oh great we're back to this "experience before all else" thing again. Yeah that worked out great for us last season didn't it?

Quality is the problem, not experience.

Experience, quality, play on words, lets get some "experienced quality" signed in January, happy with that.

Lambert has got a lot of praise in recent weeks and I think rightly so.

Today he got things wrong from the start, failed to change them and then compounded them by not trying to close the game down once it was gone with the result we got humiliated and **** our goal difference yet further.

I know they are Champions of Europe, I know all the factors that have contributed to us being what we are and where we are but today was really really poor. Yes it was one game but by the same token so was Liverpool and I would say the positives posted after that are rightly going to be balanced out by negatives after today.

It was a bad bad day at the office for the players but also for Lambert, all managers have them and he will have more. I hope he learns from this one and it serves as notice to Randy that a lot more cash is needed.

Overall all though my views on Lambert and our general position in the grand scheme of things hasn't changed a great deal today just as it didn't last week following the Liverpool result.

Individual results don't dictate the direction or the running of a club and for me, despite today I still think we are moving forwards.

Today he got things wrong from the start, failed to change them and then compounded them by not trying to close the game down once it was gone with the result we got humiliated and **** our goal difference yet further.

I know they are Champions of Europe, I know all the factors that have contributed to us being what we are and where we are but today was really really poor. Yes it was one game but by the same token so was Liverpool and I would say the positives posted after that are rightly going to be balanced out by negatives after today.

It was a bad bad day at the office for the players but also for Lambert, all managers have them and he will have more. I hope he learns from this one and it serves as notice to Randy that a lot more cash is needed.

Overall all though my views on Lambert and our general position in the grand scheme of things hasn't changed a great deal today just as it didn't last week following the Liverpool result.

Individual results don't dictate the direction or the running of a club and for me, despite today I still think we are moving forwards.

another top post
  • Like 1

No. It wasn't aimed at anybody in particular. I was just saying how lots of people will now crawl out of the woodwork and grasp the opportunity to stick the boot in and call for Lambert's head.

Aston Villa fans have the right to find that performance unacceptable from their team and its manager.

Could you imagine if you had paid £45 plus travel and expenses to watch that performance served up?

Aston Villa fans have the right to find that performance unacceptable from their team and its manager.

Could you imagine if you had paid £45 plus travel and expenses to watch that performance served up?

Of course they do, I never said they didn't, but people shouldn't go overboard and start acting like we weren't on a good run of form before this.

As you can't press the 'Like' button on a moderator post I will just say 'This'.

Of course they do, I never said they didn't...

And we know that's true because your post in the reactions thread laid in to the players for the performance.

You initial comment after the end of the match, however, was Watch them all come out of the woodwork now.

It rather gets the conversation with a lot of people off on the wrong foot, doesn't it?

And we know that's true because your post in the reactions thread laid in to the players for the performance.

You initial comment after the end of the match, however, was Watch them all come out of the woodwork now.

It rather gets the conversation with a lot of people off on the wrong foot, doesn't it?

But it's true though.