Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Fair play to Lambert for dropping Lowton and giving Bacuna a chance. A lot of managers wouldn't have dropped one of "their" players, let alone somebody like Lowton who was brilliant for us last season.

'Cept of course Bacuna is one of "his" players as well!  :P

Can we forgive Lamberts post match comments tonight ?

What were they?

Need you ask:-

"That's important. You don't dwell. You enjoy, yes. But you go into work and you're ready to go again."

LOL

He also said he thought Villa were "Excllnt" in the first half. I didn't, so I won't forgive him for that and it was clear they came out for the 2nd half with Lambert-style shoemarks on their backsides.

Can we forgive Lamberts post match comments tonight ?

What were they?

Need you ask:-

"That's important. You don't dwell. You enjoy, yes. But you go into work and you're ready to go again."

LOL

He also said he thought Villa were "Excllnt" in the first half. I didn't, so I won't forgive him for that and it was clear they came out for the 2nd half with Lambert-style shoemarks on their backsides.

I think the defenders were excellent, at least a great deal better than we've seen in the past.

Our problems in the first half were in the middle of the park, all 3 players kept losing the ball but fair play they came out like they were on speed in the 2nd half.

Fair play to Lambert for dropping Lowton and giving Bacuna a chance. A lot of managers wouldn't have dropped one of "their" players, let alone somebody like Lowton who was brilliant for us last season.

'Cept of course Bacuna is one of "his" players as well!  :P

True, but Lowton was one of his first and also one of his most successful last season. Hopefully Matt reacts the right way to this.

Never in doubt. Even if things won`t go our way all the time, we are clearly making progression. Excellent second half,  he got it spot on today. Those are some of the most creative players there are, they smashed manu last weekend and had a lot of confidence. Great win. 

Well at least it buys a few days being able to come on here without people saying we ....aren't improving....cant win at home......never change tactics.....blah blah blah.

.............Until the next defeat.

Anyway, credit to PL great tactics, great fight and determination and spirit...can't buy that......and fantastic fun in the Holte when the 3rd went in what a lot of mental celebrations !!

This time last year we were 15th on 5 points scored 6 conceded 10.

This year we're 4 points better off having scored 9 conceded 8.

Looking at like for like fixtures

Arsenal away this year 3-1 win, last 2-1loss.

Chelsea away this year 2-1 loss, last 8-0 loss.

Liverpool at home this year 1-0 loss, last 2-1 loss.

Newcastle at home this year 2-1 loss, last 2-1 loss.

Norwich away this year 1-0 win, last 2-1 win.

Man City at home this year 3-2 win, last 1-0 loss.

6 points & 11 goals better off.

was just this minute wondering what our comparative numbers were. good man

and some will still say there's no improvement. we've at least equalled every result last season, and bettered  2

Lets be honest about this. We don't have a great team or great players in any way shape or form. What we do have though is a manager that gets the most out of his resources through sheer resilience and bloody mindedness ( come from behind victories against both arsenal and man city )

Genuinely can't think of anyone else I would want in charge with the budget we have

Lets be honest about this. We don't have a great team or great players in any way shape or form. What we do have though is a manager that gets the most out of his resources through sheer resilience and bloody mindedness ( come from behind victories against both arsenal and man city )

Genuinely can't think of anyone else I would want in charge with the budget we have

And I know I certainly want him in charge if we ever have a decent budget!

I back Lambert 99.9% :P

to finish 8-12 we don't really need a great team. the standard of the premier league is pretty bad

This is where I believe I have mis-judged things. I was wide awake last night looking at some of the teams and the players they have available.

Our first team is 6th-11th, but with injuries to key players we are perhaps 9th-14th - and with a lot of shitty luck (which is how I felt after the shorts being pulled down and other ref favours, injuries and more) lower than that.. but looking back, I think I was a little quick to be a sore loser ;)

• Like 1

Hope he doesn't continue with the 5-3-2. Worked against city but have to come or more attacking against hull

Ah come on; you get away with that sorta thing against the likes of City.  There's no way Lambert will stick with that formation against the 'smaller' teams

Fully expect a return to 4-3-3 against Hull with Gabby in for Clark/Baker

And I know I certainly want him in charge if we ever have a decent budget!

I back Lambert 99.9% :P

He has made some mistakes tactically and I'm not totally sold on all the players that he has brought in this summer but the last 2 games have shown that togetherness, hard work and bloody mindedness can actually take you quite far.

Can you think of anyone else that could have turned around the team like this with such a small transfer and wage budget ? I genuinely can't. We are lucky to have him as our manager.

I think it's obvious that he's been trying to get a tactic together that works at home. Away we seem to have the right balance, but our home form has been screaming out for a different system. 

He tried 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and now 5-3-2. At least he has been trying to change things up to get a win, which has now come against a team the majority of us expected to get hammered by.

Hope he doesn't continue with the 5-3-2. Worked against city but have to come or more attacking against hull

he wont. glad he changed it for city though, there were times last year when we didnt change things and we got pasted.

Thinke we will beat hull, west ham tore them apart but couldnt score and they are generally bollocks away from upton park