Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Let's clear some things up.

1. Being 'right' is better than being 'wrong' in some cases but not all but I do prefer to be right where I can.

2. I do not wish to see the Villa 'not doing well' as this would be a rather ridiculous thing for a supporter to want.

3. Whatever I say is my 'opinion' whether I am right or wrong.

4. Not everyone on here will agree with me whether that be for genuine reasons or just because it goes against the grain to do so.

Ultimately I say it how I see it.

• Like 1

Is it worth remembering that this was our first game of the season against an 'average' team? And so the way Lambert set us up yesterday isn't necessarily indicative of how we'll play the rest of the season?

Not sure that's any sort of excuse at all.

Probably not, I'm just wildly searching for signs of hope I guess.

It seems we went through last season with people saying that Lambert's wonky tactics were the result of his inexperience as a manager and he would get it right this season after strengthening the squad, having a proper pre-season, etc.

He should be clear about the tactics against "average" sides by now or we are in a lot of trouble. For him to come out and say we were hampered by our slow start is exasperating. We have had four "slow starts" so far this season. Why isn't he addressing it?

Let's clear some things up.

1. Being 'right' is better than being 'wrong' in some cases but not all but I do prefer to be right where I can.

2. I do not wish to see the Villa 'not doing well' as this would be a rather ridiculous thing for a supporter to want.

3. Whatever I say is my 'opinion' whether I am right or wrong.

4. Not everyone on here will agree with me whether that be for genuine reasons or just because it goes against the grain to do so.

Ultimately I say it how I see it.

Ok then, let me clear something up:

I will not "always" disagree with you. I don't have some sort of sad vendetta against you where I feel I must disagree with everything you say.

Liverpool have long had far more resources at their disposal and probably will for the foreseeable future. Unlike some I'm not going throw a tantrum just because Lerner can't afford to spend huge money on us every year.

That's good. You just throw a tantrum when someone disagrees with what ever view you've taken at certain points.

One minute you saying a limited budget has nothing to do with some of our problems and now you're saying that a limited budget is the reason why Lambert can't compete with Rodgers.

So Lerner's limited budget has effected us then?

• Like 1

Liverpool have long had far more resources at their disposal and probably will for the foreseeable future. Unlike some I'm not going throw a tantrum just because Lerner can't afford to spend huge money on us every year.

That's good. You just throw a tantrum when someone disagrees with what ever view you've taken at certain points.

One minute you saying a limited budget has nothing to do with some of our problems and now you're saying that a limited budget is the reason why Lambert can't compete with Rodgers.

Where have I thrown a tantrum? You're just taking what I said (and I wasn't even referring to anyone specifically) and throwing it back at me.

What I'm referring to here is not the temporary cost-cutting but the two clubs in general. Liverpool are a bigger club as much as I hate to admit it. They have long had more resources than us in the form of a better squad, more money and more drawing power. Now they may not be as relevant as they once were but they're still way ahead of us. Even when we were spending big in Lerner's first years Liverpool were still outspending us and attracting higher calibre players.

Where have I thrown a tantrum? You're just taking what I said (and I wasn't even referring to anyone specifically) and throwing it back at me.

What I'm referring to here is not the temporary cost-cutting but the two clubs in general. Liverpool are a bigger club as much as I hate to admit it. They have long had more resources than us in the form of a better squad, more money and more drawing power. Now they may not be as relevant as they once were but they're still way ahead of us. Even when we were spending big in Lerner's first years Liverpool were still outspending us and attracting higher calibre players.

Yes, and every year they fail to get into the chumps league I hope the stop spending. But they don't. I don't know how Henry can afford it. They have to redevelop Anfield to get the money in. They have 16 boxes at present, but I guess all those Stevie Me shirts bring in the cash.

Is it worth remembering that this was our first game of the season against an 'average' team? And so the way Lambert set us up yesterday isn't necessarily indicative of how we'll play the rest of the season?[/quot

Really ? How do you think we'll play then.....he has set us up the same way every game since January. He is unlikely to change whether we're playing Man City or Morecambe....he's said as much himself - God feckin help us !

[quote name

Edited by King Cropley

sorry for being specific....but the Home form is a serious problem that has being going on for too long...much like conceding needless goals.

IT HAS TO STOP

If it means going back and re-inventing ourselves then so be it ...because this ain't working at Home.

some things just won't sort themselves out ....they have to be Managed.

Paul Lambert needs our support ,but he also needs to know we ain't mugs.

......we will be watching you Paul.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

So now you are agreeing that you need to spend more money to get higher quality players and all the people who were saying our signings were too cheap to be real quality were right all along?

So now you are agreeing that you need to spend more money to get higher quality players and all the people who were saying our signings were too cheap to be real quality were right all along?

Not necessarily true....but could be.

The important thing is signing the right players.

It lends itself that the more money you have the odds are you will get it right....the less money you have you need great scouts to find something that others could not see.

Sissoko cost 2.2 Million....far more effective that anything we had....so these players can be found at low prices...first you need to spot them, next you need to know you NEED them..

My point is a "good big un" will beat a "good little un" all day long why do we persist in signing "lightweight" players in midfield .ie Holman, KEA

It wasn't great yesterday but you could see some of the things we're trying to do at times.

We try to keep the ball and we did a couple of moves that were fantastic. If Weimman had finished his chance that would have been an early contender for goal of the season.

We lack quality creating chances and obviously defence is an issue.

No, that isn't what I'm saying.

No, that isn't what I'm saying.

So why say Liverpool have an advantage having more resources?

So why say Liverpool have an advantage having more resources?

Because Liverpool having a massive advantage with resources does matter. However, I don't agree with this idea that lots of money needs to be spent to get quality players. Benteke is a fine example of this.

I wasn't just talking about money though. The squad Rodgers inherited is far better than the squad Lambert inherited.

The squad Rodgers inherited is far better than the squad Lambert inherited.

Did Lerner's decision making have an effect on this?

Yes, as did O'Neill's, Houllier's and McLeish.

But let's face it, Liverpool are a bigger club and have had far more recent success. Even when Lerner was spending tons they still had a better squad than us.

Edited by Mantis