The Football Weekly Podcast

AVFCforever1991

Some Mogwai too.   I saw them live on the Come On Die Young tour and bought this T-Shirt:

7CmK3uf.jpg

Wore it to a Blur gig because I'm well 'ard. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Haha awesome! Got it downloaded to listen to on the way home so I'll do my best.

On a related note, I find Pete swings wildly from one extreme to another for me. One moment I'll be wetting myself at something he says, next I'll be cringing because he's so unfunny.

Back on topic, Villa managed a "they weren't too bad" from the football weekly guys this week. Which is about as much as they've said about us in the past 6 months :D (not that I blame them)

Finally jumped aboard the whole podcast bandwagon (despite reading the fiver for what, 10 years now or so) - needless this was the first thing I downloaded to see what all the fuss was about.

Man, have I been missing out...

Don't expect it to be villa related. It's a name I heard recently and remembered fondly for some reason

I didn't get it.

But, like them, I could remember the player, and even remember him scoring that hat trick. But I just couldn't think of his name, and to be honest couldn't have recalled his name if I guessed all day.

I know it's sad. And a thread hijack.

But the clues for pete's game this week on the Football Ramble are from me. See if you can guess it. They couldn't!

I got it on the very last clue just as they did.. Well done it was a hard one to get. The ramble cracks me up. Brilliant podcast

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I don't know what you call it, but does Jimbo have that speech impediment (is that even the right term) where he pronounces words such as Roy like Woy? Similar to what Roy Hodgson has.

Found this old post.

Yes, he does seem to do that, but it's almost as if he does it on purpose.

I haven't noticed it for years, but recently he seems to do it a lot, but only when he's really pronouncing a word.

When he's talking normally he pronounces them fine.

Â