The Football Weekly Podcast

AVFCforever1991

I thought they were extremely complimentary about the Villa on Thursday's show.  Last time that happened was following the Liverpool game... 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Enjoyed yesterday's FW. Barry accidentally predicting us to win the league was funny, and I liked the resulting jokes even though it sort of mocked us.

Said it in the punditry thread, but it is a bit frustrating that we beat Arsenal 3-1 and we barely get talked about. I think Barry talked about us for literally 30 seconds ish, but didn't really add anything that he hadn't said in the preview show.

The Ramble as well. Listened to most of it this morning. Marcus tried a couple of times to bring it back to Villa but all we got was "Villa looked good" and "Tony Moon is a right back isn't he?" then it was back to Arsenal.

I do already have that, just be nice if larger organisations also mentioned us.. Virtually every other club got a decent mention (bar west brom....midland bias at all?) yet we got ....well, lets give villa credit, but anyway back to arsenal and how shocking they are blah blah.

Edited by mikeyp102

Didn't Baz tip us for the title on this episode?  ;) 

I genuinely think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations about how much coverage Villa should get.  I'm not throwing accusations at anybody in particular but your recent points have made me think of it again, it genuinely seems that if we don't get a disproportionate amount of overwhelmingly positive coverage then there is some kind of media conspiracy against us. It's simply not true. 

• Like 3

Honestly not really bothered about how much coverage we get, as long as we are in the top 8 and doing well.. Sure it's nice to be noticed, but it's almost better be under the radar and less pressure on the players, they can go about their job without living up to media hype and pressure, like Wilshere. And Before you know it, challenging for a Champions League spot ;)

Edited by AVFCforever1991

• 4 weeks later...
Â