The Football Weekly Podcast

AVFCforever1991

He's started to do some narration for the Football League Show recently. He used the classic "poor finishing continued to dog Leeds" and then quote Alan Partridge after someone lashed one in for 30 yards. Brilliant.

I don't know what you call it, but does Jimbo have that speech impediment (is that even the right term) where he pronounces words such as Roy like Woy? Similar to what Roy Hodgson has.

Edited by Ghost

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what you call it, but does Jimbo have that speech impediment (is that even the right term) where he pronounces words such as Roy like Woy? Similar to what Roy Hodgson has.

No but I know what you mean, he doesn't always enunciate his words fully.  

Not a dig, love him. 

• 2 weeks later...

The bile directed towards the FA about the cup final kick off time was particularly vicious on today's pod.  Very un Football Weekly like.   I've been listening to the show since about 2008 and I don't think I have ever heard them be so hostile about anything as they were about this. 

I'm gonna put it out there but I don't like Barry Glendenning.

Just his style, sounds to me like he thinks far too much of himself.

Funny, I've always thought the opposite. BGD has always been about my favourite contributor because he doesn't take himself (or anything else) too seriously.

I think Barry plays it up a bit too much sometimes.

Like always going on abotu how he doesn't care about Serie A whenever they talk about it. Yeah, we get it.

But I do like him. And I was shocked when I found out his age. he sounds like a 65 year old.

He is absolutely playing a role, that of the grumpy old man.  I'd always imagined he would look like Tom Waits or Arthur Smith until I saw a photo of him. 

Â