Formula One - 2013

BOF

Can't imagine Kimi towing Alonso round in qualifying like Massa did over the weekend but I'd love to be there if they ever asked him to.

Edit: probably have the same net result though.

Edited by choffer

I'm quite surprised Massa kept the seat for this year, since that accident in 2009 at Budapest he has been rather poor.

Given Alonsos criticism of Ferrari though it wouldn't surprise me if he left sooner rather than later

Well this gets interesting. According to the Metro Kimi is nailed on for Ferrari next yet. BUT their F1 guy is saying he's heard a couple of rumours that Alonso is going the other way to Lotus, taking with him much-needed sponsorship from Santander. Also that Hulkenberg is likely to replace Massa.

Edited by stewiek2

Rumours suggest....

Ferrari will announce Kimi Raikkonen on Wednesday, 8pm UK time. Raikkonen’s €20m a year salary at Ferrari will be covered by Shell. His rallying backed by Fiat. Contract is for 2 years + 1 year option. Part of the deal is that Mark Slade will move from Lotus to Ferrari as Kimi Raikkonen’s engineer.

I'm quite surprised Massa kept the seat for this year, since that accident in 2009 at Budapest he has been rather poor.

Given Alonsos criticism of Ferrari though it wouldn't surprise me if he left sooner rather than later

Massa was poor for a good while after Barrichello 'mario karting' him. But he has been very competitive recently. I would agree that Ferrari have treated him very well though. Probably because he plays the perfect team-mate to Alonso.

Well this gets interesting. According to the Metro Kimi is nailed on for Ferrari next yet. BUT their F1 guy is saying he's heard a couple of rumours that Alonso is going the other way to Lotus, taking with him much-needed sponsorship from Santander. Also that Hulkenberg is likely to replace Massa.

Tres interessant! That would certainly take care of the problems I mentioned earlier. If true, it also tells me Alonso's recent outburst was the smoke from a fire that was never really put out.

Maybe Ferrari are going to embrace a season of madness if only to try and win the constructors title.

I would guess that this is their plan unless something has happened behind the scenes with Alonso...........

Lets face it with Massa as number 2 driver they have no chance in the constructors title.

Well one driver who definitely looks like moving up the ladder as part of this silly-season merry-go-round is Nico Hulkenberg. If (when?) Raikkonen goes to Ferrari, Lotus seemingly have Nico top or close to the top of their wishlist to replace him. Ferrari also seemingly have Nico in their wishlist so it might even be that if the Alonso rumour is true then Nico could be going to Ferrari with Kimi. Either way, it doesn't look like Sauber will keep hold of their man beyond this season. It's been clear for a while that he's too good for midfield and now at what will be 27 years of age he looks like he'll get machinery that more matches his ability.

Â