Formula One - 2013

BOF

Never heard of Pikes Peak before, but that video is brilliant, love the bit where he nonchalantly puts his hand up to stop the sun in his eyes.

Fair play to Loeb as well, very talented driver

Yeah it's mental. And at 3:51 where his rear wheel is almost off the edge of the sheer drop at opposite lock. It's all pretty hairy from that point onwards. Mental. There's some good Walter Rohrl videos too showing the ridiculous footwork that goes on.

Going back to F1. I don't know if anyone saw it on Sky yesterday but they had an ex-engineer from Williams explaining what the problem was. It's sounding more and more like the teams caused this in more ways than one. Apart from the already-known fact that Force India, Lotus and Ferrari blocked the kevlar band construction. It appears teams were running below the (strongly) recommended tyre pressures, were running too high a camber angle and most damagingly of all they were using right hand tyres on the left of the car and vice versa. Last year you could do that as the tyre construction was completely symmetrical but this year it isn't. Tyres are sided. So the outside and inside of a tyre have different tolerances and Pirelli have said the teams who experienced failures all put the tyres on the wrong side of their cars.

It won't totally clear them I wouldn't say. It's still their tyres that failed and it can be argued that bringing a tyre to a track that can't handle that track is still fundamentally wrong. But it certainly gives them far more extenuating circumstances and the teams have to share in more of the blame. Ultimately though it'll mean more in-season testing and that will have the likes of Red Bull, Ferrari and particularly (the currently shit) McLaren laughing all the way to the bank.

The other problem with McLaren this year is that their driver line up is pretty naff too. Even if they got some more pace I can't see Button ringing its neck to get it up the grid.

2nd race running where Lotus completely screwed up Kimis race.

Last week they didnt call him in for a tyre change when the pace car went out and this week they were obviously going to try getting him to the end without a last stop, realised his pace would mean he would get caught so when they did call him in it left him too much to do to catch Vettell.

Hamilton really screwed up the race plan by the time they got to the first corner and then went backwards............

Slightly better from McLaren but not much

I think in hindsight Lewis would have been better off letting Vettel go and defend against Webber but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Wonder how much compo the cameraman is going to get from Red Bull?

I think that will probably set him up for life.

Cameraman is unlucky and lucky at the same time.

Unlucky to just happen to be stood in the path of the tyre, and not facing it.

But really lucky that it hit him where it did, imo. Had it bounced up a foot higher it could have been a lot worse.

I know what you mean Stevo. 

But, if you're going to get injured, its probably best to get injured at the fault of a billionaire back team live on TV. I expect Bernie will stick them all in a room and tell them to agree a figure. He won't want it dragging through the courts.

Really hope one of the **** starts actually competing with sv..Becoming depressinglypredictable this season. Would love Kimi at Red Bull next year to wipe that smug arrogant smiling clearings in the woods face off.

• Like 2

Anyone know of good sites I can SELL GP tickets?

Bought some for Hungarian GP but theyve turned up and theyre only Sunday General Admission and I wanted Weekend ones as I booked hol holiday there! Cant return or upgrade so it seems only solution is sell and re-buy. Need to sort this. Gutted.

But, if you're going to get injured, its probably best to get injured at the fault of a billionaire back team live on TV. I expect Bernie will stick them all in a room and tell them to agree a figure. He won't want it dragging through the courts.

He was in an F1 pitlane during a race. I don't think it's a given that he'd be entitled to anything from Red Bull. They might give him something as a goodwill gesture but it's an occupational hazard. You take your chances.

He was in an F1 pitlane during a race. I don't think it's a given that he'd be entitled to anything from Red Bull. They might give him something as a goodwill gesture but it's an occupational hazard. You take your chances.

I think general pitlane injuries that might be 'acceptable' would be tripping over tools on the ground, leaning on a hot engine or even some hearing loss due to engine noise. I don't think by any stretch of the imagination Red Bull would be allowed to make just a 'goodwill gesture' for releasing their car with a wheel not attached (which is a multiple fail of systems for it to happen) for it then to smash a guy to the ground breaking several bones. No way at all.

I disagree. It's all a part of what can happen during a race in good faith. You're in a pitlane midrace. This falls entirely into the 'shit can and does happen' category for me.

Â