the fastest premier league goal for villa?

Jimzk5

Anyone know? I remember mellberg scoring from a corner against Newcastle back in 2005 in a 4-2 after 4 minutes, is that the quickest goal we've scored in the prem cus I can't remember anything else

Aston Villa 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday, March 20th 1993

My first ever game, Yorke scored after 2 minutes.

**** me I'm old.

(link is the match 'report' not the goal by the way, sorry to get your hopes up!)

Tell a lie....

(if someone can PM me details on how to imbed a youtube clip that would be great)

Second edit - Watch it, it's worth it. My word, how we'd kill for a team like that now. We played some absolutely astonishing football that year, unrivaled.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I was at the Coventry game where Yorke scored after 13 seconds. You wouldnt believe how many people missed the goal because they were still finishing their drinks.

As good as it was, you can clearly tell the pace of the game was completely different back then.

Whilst true, you can only compare football teams from different eras against their peers. For a long period that season we were every bit as good in comparison to ours as that great Arsenal side or any Manchester United side you care to mention of the last 20 years. The wheels fell off of course, but that shouldn't detract from how good we were. I seem to recall it took us a while to get going as well, a good 5 or 6 games.

Then there was McGrath.

Oh for those halcyon days again. I'd give my right nut to witness another season like that, only with a happier ending. It's a shame it'll probably never happen, the game has changed beyond recognition and a lot of the boyish wonder has gone forever along with my own. But I'll never forget....

Â