U.S. Politics

maqroll

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think the most alarming thing about this dismissal is the white house publicly using rhetoric about her "betraying" her department. It's divisive and dangerous.

The oath she swore when she took office was to uphold the Constitution, not to obey the Fuhrer.

The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States. This order was approved as to form and legality by the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel.

Ms. Yates is an Obama Administration appointee who is weak on borders and very weak on illegal immigration.

It is time to get serious about protecting our country. Calling for tougher vetting for individuals travelling from seven dangerous places is not extreme. It is reasonable and necessary to protect our country.

Tonight, President Trump relieved Ms. Yates of her duties and subsequently named Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as Acting Attorney General until Senator Jeff Sessions is finally confirmed by the Senate, where he is being wrongly held up by Democrat senators for strictly political reasons.

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Didn't the Muslims side with hitler? Do you think every day Americans are as extreme as trump is? I'm far from white supremacist, god what a thought 

my opinion is we do need to move to the right. 

The Nazi's considered the Arabs and Muslim's a sub Aryan race aligned with the Jewish. When translating Mein Kampf into Arabic, Hitler omitted this from the 'racial ladder' descriptions. He knew he needed Arab nations support, so stoked and manipulated anti-colonialism in Arab nations , so they would take arms against the British and French.

Many Muslims actually helped Jews escape Germany during the Holocaust.

So no, it is no where near as simple as the Muslims sided with Hitler. As global politics are never that simple.

I mean we don't ban the Italians and the Japanese. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jon_c said:

The Nazi's considered the Arabs and Muslim's a sub Aryan race aligned with the Jewish. When translating Mein Kampf into Arabic, Hitler omitted this from the 'racial ladder' descriptions. He knew he needed Arab nations support, so stoked and manipulated anti-colonialism in Arab nations , so they would take arms against the British and French.

Many Muslims actually helped Jews escape Germany during the Holocaust.

So no, it is no where near as simple as the Muslims sided with Hitler. As global politics are never that simple.

I mean we don't ban the Italians and the Japanese. 

I actually read a bit on it last night and many Muslim did fight against the nazis. Some leaders did side with Hitler  and he wanted the Arabs on side for obvious reasons. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

109 people were detained at airports out of 325.000. Media on both sides of the divide hype up shit.

And?

How is it acceptable that anybody was detained? The EO was signed when they were in the air, yet some were detained for hours and refused any legal representation. People with valid documentation to be in the States.

That's totally ****, regardless of whether it was 109 or 109.000.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

109 people were detained at airports out of 325.000. Media on both sides of the divide hype up shit.

Those were the ones in flight. How many permanent residents were turned away at airports?

Hint, 1 or more is unacceptable.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Those were the ones in flight. How many permanent residents were turned away at airports?

Hint, 1 or more is unacceptable.

And even then, Trump blamed it on Delta's computer system, protestors and 'Chuck Schumer's tears'.

He's totally unhinged.

I'm not saying he was right in doing what he did. If they had good reason to hold them other than being Muslim then fair enough but I doubt anyone of them was a security risk. He's doing some extreme things but is the media overreacting per usual? Surely it's not just the mail that puts a spin on things.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'd rather the US became more Christian rather than let Islam spread more.

Why? Christianity is every bit as horrible as Islam. Christian extremists are every bit as bad as Islamic extremists.

You're letting your cultural biases show.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Protests all over uk. Where are these protests  when the Saudis visit? Where is the outrage from VT when the Saudis arrive  over here. 

This is one of the very few posts you've ever made on a political topic that I'll (partially) agree with. :P 

There was nowhere near enough outrage when that bunch of human rights-abusing peices of shit came over here, or when we do deals with them.

Having said that, a failure to protest about one wrong thing doesn't mean that we should just ignore another. Trump gets more attention because it's a new development. Saudi Arabia is a backwards hellhole. It has been for a very long time, and they're not very likely to change. America, for all its faults, is generally fairly similar to us (apart from all of the gun murders, occasional gang warfare, and the superiority complex ;)). Seeing the far right gaining power and then being given a platform in the UK is bound to piss people off more than Saudi Arabia maintaining their status quo.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And?

How is it acceptable that anybody was detained? The EO was signed when they were in the air, yet some were detained for hours and refused any legal representation. People with valid documentation to be in the States.

That's totally ****, regardless of whether it was 109 or 109.000.

How many westerners have been detained in the Middle East for **** all. Even if it's only 9 and not 109 it makes no difference then? Or does that not count because after all trump is the new hitler. 

Â