Playstation 4

hogso

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the N64 is the best console of all time :)

Have you tried playing on one recently? The framerate is shocking, it's amazing how back in the day you just don't even think about those things but try playing Goldeneye now, I can't do it.

I worked on the XBLA HD remake of Perfect Dark (which was a lot of fun) and we played on the original version in preparation. The difference is unbelievable framerate-wise.

It was a brilliant console though, takes me back to some of my favourite days of my life.

I play mine regularly.

Mario Party, WWF No Mercy, Mario Kart, Perfect Dark all still get played. 

Drinking Mario Party is literally the best drinking game I've ever played.

What?  No Zelda, Goldeneye Micro machines or Mario64?????

You need to get more with it!

I have all them and played the shit out of them. I've played through Ocarina of Time 4 times (if you include the master quest) :D

The ones I listed are the ones I still go back and play regularly. Zelda and mario aren't really games you can pick up and play for an hour and not touch again for a few weeks.

Goldeneye was first, but Perfect Dark is actually a much better game

A few of us were playing Pokemon Stadium in the summer, some of the mini games had us in tears. Great fun

Another one I play as a drinking game (Pokemon Stadium 2 is decent too).

Used to play it at uni before we got Mario Party.

My mates laughed at me when I suggested it. They soon apologised :)

The Clefairy game had us in absolute stitches, the game is actually pretty wank there's just something funny about it :lol:

We're going wayyyyy off topic now. Need a N64 thread.

Edited by villarule123

I have to say that if I'm going to be paying for PS+ to play online, then I really don't think we should have these maintenance down times like today. If you look at comparable services, they don't have as much frequent down time to maintain their services.

So, how are the PS4 owners liking their new system?  I've adopted the 'sensible' approach of waiting until next year (and hopefully some form of console plus Vita bundle) before plumping for mine, but I must admit the wait is driving me slightly bonkers.

I think it has a lot of potential. I think, in the long run, the games will look better and Sony has a little more license for creativity in developing some standout exclusive games.

I still have concerns about overpromising with the likes of Gakai and suspended state and being able to spectate/join your friends without twitch streaming, but if they can deliver on those, it'll be a good step up.

• Like 1

So, how are the PS4 owners liking their new system?  I've adopted the 'sensible' approach of waiting until next year (and hopefully some form of console plus Vita bundle) before plumping for mine, but I must admit the wait is driving me slightly bonkers.

should be available from next week i think, havent seen a price though

its really good, dont think id think the same if id bought AC / BF / COD / FIFA for my ps3, the only one i had was FIFA and after playing it again at a mates house on Friday i still cant get over how much better it is on PS4

slightly annoyed that i cant play GT6 on it but at £50 a game i dont think im going to be played up anytime soon, i cant afford to buy everything now, still got to pick up lego marvel and that will keep me going for months, hopefully PSN+ will drop a resogun quality game every month, although it needs a bit of improving, wouldnt mind some demos, especially of the likes of NBA so i can see how good it looks

• Like 1

I still have concerns about overpromising with the likes of Gakai and suspended state and being able to spectate/join your friends without twitch streaming, but if they can deliver on those, it'll be a good step up.

Wait, you can't currently watch your friends play and jump into game with them?

Wait, you can't currently watch your friends play and jump into game with them?

Nope. Disappointed this wasn't a launch feature. You can jump into the game from the friends menu but you can't really spectate them or let them take control of your game.

I assume this will come with Gakai

Edited by Kwan

I also got rid of my N64 and regret it deeply.

Would love to have another go at Ocarina of Time, though I suspect it would sully my memories of the game a little. It can't possibly be as good as I remember it being.

I have so many fond memories of both the PS and N64.  I remember getting the Nintendo magazine after I had bought my n64 off my mate.  They had a guy on there who was gamer of the month or something and they showed a picture of his room and he had games and controllers everywhere, it was unreal.  I rememeber thinking at the time that I want to be that guy, he's made it.

That was Hogso. You don't want to be that guy ;)

That being said, I still have my N64, a Mega Drive, a Dreamcast, a Gamecube, a PS2, two Gameboy Colours, a DS, a 3DS and my Wii, 360 and PS3 so I'm not much better.

What the hell happened to our PSOne? I bet my mum gave it away to our damn scrounging cousins. Ah well, the greatest console ever, the PS2, was backwards compatible. Heaven.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Would love to have another go at Ocarina of Time, though I suspect it would sully my memories of the game a little. It can't possibly be as good as I remember it being.

It's still brilliant.

it doesn't look amazing, obviously because the graphics are, what, 15 years old now. More?

But it's still a brilliant game. It's not like when you go back and play Goldeneye and it's pretty crap, gameplay wise, because FPS's have moved on so much.

With a Zelda game, you can't do massive amounts to improve that sort of gameplay, so it still holds up, imo.

It's still brilliant.

it doesn't look amazing, obviously because the graphics are, what, 15 years old now. More?

But it's still a brilliant game. It's not like when you go back and play Goldeneye and it's pretty crap, gameplay wise, because FPS's have moved on so much.

With a Zelda game, you can't do massive amounts to improve that sort of gameplay, so it still holds up, imo.

Indeed, there's very little anyone could do to improve on a game as brilliant as that. 

Â